TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I bet! I remember when they first announced it, I was so excited to find out that they were building their first coaster in like 6 years. Its been almost that for the 2012 coaster. I really hope they announce the coaster around the same time they announced Griffon.

^ The 2012 project has already been teased.

The signs on the walls read...

"Now entering Black Forest"

"Danger"

"Caution"

"Warning" police tape lines the walls.

Other signs

Image of a car slipping and sliding everywhere.

Image of a car falling off a bridge into water

Image of falling rocks

There may be a few that I missed.

There's also a shield with a lightning bolt painted all over the wall, possibly hinting at the name "Verbolten". They're definitely hinting at the various elements that the ride is proposed to have.

Power got cut throughout the park today for a few minutes. Surprisingly all the rides were down, except Mach Tower.

Power got cut throughout the park today for a few minutes. Surprisingly all the rides were down, except Mach Tower.

I'd love to hear what the GP had to say. "We're all gonna die!" or "I heard, 37 minutes ago, somebody died on every ride in the park, and that's why they're closed now."

I think we're straying a bit off topic here, being as the initial post that started all this was a joke. Let's keep this thread devoted to what's going on at BGW and not what some hypothetical guest might say. Thank you.

going to busch gardens next monday, the 15th, and I need suggestions about the food. i'm seeing on the website about purchasing dining certificates online for lower prices. Should I pay for one of those buffet ones for 25-30usd per person, or those dining certificates for single entrees? We want to stick around for the fire works as well, so where are the ideal spots for fireworks?

Mach Tower update

I got a firsthand look at what goes on behind the green walls today and it was definitely really cool to see what went on behind the scenes. I won't go into too much detail since it's unnecessary at this point. So to answer the questions...

What's going on with Tower?

The ride is in the middle of a major testing phase right now. The ride basically has to pass a series of tests before it can open to the public.

Is anything wrong?

No. The tower is operating fine.

When/Is there a projected opening?

At this point, the opening is still unknown. The park is trying really hard to get it open to the public as soon as possible. I'll try to keep you posted when I get a confirmation.

I also got to press a few buttons too and see what goes on in DarKastle maintenance. Definitely one of the most interesting days I've had at the park.

^^Thats very interesting and neat.

2012 Coaster Update -

We have been teased! Like it was mentioned, one of the green construction walls, the one off the bridge by the station is covered in warning signs, some actual german road signs, and some more. What was really cool was I got to see them screw on the construction tape one night.

Howl-o-Scream Update -

Haunted Houses are 13: Your Number's Up, Catacombs, and other rumored to be confirmed are The Dead Line, Fear Fair, and Bitten. Looks like we are in for a treat with three new houses this year. Shows are Monster Stomp, Jack is Back, and another rumored to be confirmed is Fiends in Das Festhaus. I am interested to see this show since I have heard so much wonder talk of it. Not much with scare zones as far as spiders and loggers in New France.

MAJORLY NEW News - Howl-o-Scream set-up started yesterday 8/10/11. So hopefully we can be expecting to start seeing some new things around the park for another year of scares.

Mach Tower Update -

What is there to update other than, I saw it doing full tests! That does seem to be the new phrase everyone is saying other than, it will open in [insert # or few] weeks. Labor Day openning has been rumored now, so we will see it open anywhere from next weekend to Labor Day weekend, hopefully.

I got a firsthand look at what goes on behind the green walls today and it was definitely really cool to see what went on behind the scenes. I won't go into too much detail since it's unnecessary at this point. So to answer the questions...

Don't forget my question! If originally, it was supposed to open memorial day weekend and they only had about at most two weeks to test it before said opening date and it is fine, how long is testing supposed to take? I am just saying, before Memorial Day, they didn't have much testing time that is until now where they seem to be spending more time testing than actually fixing something. Maybe they are taking their time with testing is all I am saying at this point.

Testing is gonna take as much time as it needs to. I can't tell you how long the testing is gonna last because I was told that was still unknown at the time (remember, the ride needs to pass a battery of tests AND the ride still hasn't been fully inspected yet). Contrary to popular belief, Moser is still working on the tower and it hasn't been given to the park yet. Despite that, training has already started (me and a few coworkers operated the tower a few times on Wednesday).

Again, I'll keep you posted on any updates that I get.

The tower is scheduled to operate during Christmas Town as an observation tower if the park can get it up and running by then.

Construction is moving forward on Verbolten. You can see what looks like concrete footers being placed in the big pit.