TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Busch Gardens looks like an awesome park. I hope to go there one day (along with Busch Gardens Tampa). Makes me wish Busch Gardens would've kept their LA park open as it would've developed into a park like ones back east. Definitely a must visit when visiting VA or that part of the east coast. Also looks like it wasn't too crowded or very many TPR members going.

Seems there was a biT of a problem at the Smokehouse today: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/11-employees-treated-at-busch-gardens. Doesn't sound like a big deal--some employees gat a bit sick from cleaning-solution fumes.

11 employees treated at Busch Gardens

Officials: Minor reaction from cleaning solution

Updated: Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 3:23 PM EDT

Published : Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 3:23 PM EDT

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) - A minor reaction to cleaning solution fumes has left 11 employees at Trappers Smokehouse Restaurant in Busch Gardens Williamsburg recovering this afternoon.

Around 2:20 p.m. Monday, seven employees were treated at the scene by park emergency medical personnel, and four were transported to Williamsburg General.

Edited by cfc

Seems there was a biT of a problem at the Smokehouse today: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/11-employees-treated-at-busch-gardens. Doesn't sound like a big deal--some employees gat a bit sick from cleaning-solution fumes.

11 employees treated at Busch Gardens

Officials: Minor reaction from cleaning solution

Updated: Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 3:23 PM EDT

Published : Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 3:23 PM EDT

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) - A minor reaction to cleaning solution fumes has left 11 employees at Trappers Smokehouse Restaurant in Busch Gardens Williamsburg recovering this afternoon.

Around 2:20 p.m. Monday, seven employees were treated at the scene by park emergency medical personnel, and four were transported to Williamsburg General.

Edit: Apparently wavy updated it (hour and a half after the initial post) and now says it was only 9 people total. 5 treated at the scene, and four transported to Williamsburg General. http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/9-employees-treated-at-busch-gardens

Guys, you're all wrong.

The Dippin' Dots guy told me that what happened is that one of the workers from Mach Tower dumped the waste from the ride's site into Trapper's Smokehouse. In that waste were the brakes to Mach Tower, which reacted to the fumes at Trapper's causing the employees to get sick and also for Mach Tower to not be open yet.

BGW Update time...

Mach Tower: I saw what looks like the base skeleton of the car (wheel assembly) on the tower so something's definitely going on over there. A cable is hanging from the catch car to the ground.

Verbolten: Not much is going on, although I saw what looks like concrete pillars sitting in the construction area.

Illuminights is in full force right now! I had the opportunity to see it during preview night and here's my quick review.

- Oktoberfest was probably my least favorite of all the shows. It was okay at first, but the finish was kinda disappointing for all the buildup the show had.

- Italy had a pretty neat show involving acrobats doing bodybending techniques and two Chinese yo yo artists doing neat tricks.

- Ireland was probably my favorite of all the shows. It had that silly cheesy theme park show feel, but the fact that it used a good chunk of the area kicks it up a notch. It was totally worth the delay we had.

- France had a good show as well involving those cool chair stacking acrobats. Not as funny as Ireland's but still a solid show!

- FIreworks were awesome because they're fireworks and everybody loves fireworks!

^ I can't bring a camera to work so no pics. Sorry 'bout that.

Mach Tower update!

The car is back on the tower and there was catch car testing over the weekend. Opening *should* be within two weeks. At least that's what I'm told to tell everyone.

Verbolten update!

What looks like hardened concrete footers are being installed. Not sure what those are for, but we'll probably see in the future.

Fireworks are extra long for July 4th and the park is pretty much dead early in the day. Crowds pick up by the end of the day though.

^ Interesting.

Another Mach Tower update (these will probably come more often as a lot more work is being done).

Brake testing was done today! The car moved slowly up the tower and was brought back down. Maintenance crews were up there all day, so definite progress is being made!

Speaking of Mach Tower, here's a picuture I took the other night--not the greatest, but you can see the seats and the catch car.

1814957545_MachTower.thumb.jpg.598ab6e1eda5240d0565b592e84b7c27.jpg

Looking forward to riding it myself later this month. I do think it's a nice-looking drop tower. It fits Oktoberfest quite well.

Mach Tower update!

Mach Tower's opening is *hopefully* scheduled for next week. Wednesday is the earliest and Friday is the latest. I saw a few Moser employees around the park and wandering in and out of Mach Tower's area. The large catch car design thingy is back on the vehicle. Let's hope everything goes right this time for our ride night

As for Verbolten...

The pit in the back area is huge! All the people/construction vehicles look so small in proportion to the hole. Assuming those concrete footers were part of BBW, they're being placed back into the ground (at least it kinda looks that way). Some sort of construction vehicle seems to be hammering them.

I used my poncho for the first time today. It's burning hot in there.

I was speaking with one of the ride operators for Mach Tower today. He said that there will not be an opening next week due to some sort of delay. Also, he mentioned that they are supposed to be training the team members next week. I am assuming the week after next will be when the Team Member's get to ride Mach Tower for paid shifts* and then an opening to the general public.

*Yes, seasonal team member's can sign up to be paid $7.65 to ride Mach Tower. The ride time was scheduled for next Monday and Tuesday. Sadly, the schedule has been cancelled and hopefully rescheduled soon. There are two shifts. A morning one and evening one. Each shift will host 3 groups. Over a 3 hour period the 3 groups with 30 team members in each group will ride Mach Tower two times non-stop, get off, and let the next group go.*

This is very good news as it means we can expect an opening within the month if no more major delays occur.

Edit - By the way, I have been reading the thread for awhile and thought I should start putting in my two cents, hope you don't mind.