TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Im not gonna join a site just to see some pictures in the forum...

Haha, yeah they got me on that as well. I just joined, I figured I would eventually like to chime in about the project sooner or later on the site. From the pictures, the ride should be a GREAT replacement for BBW. A "family" coaster that BGW REALLY needs. So far, it seems like it will be a more "fun" ride than an "intense" ride.

Im not gonna join a site just to see some pictures in the forum...

Haha, yeah they got me on that as well. I just joined, I figured I would eventually like to chime in about the project sooner or later on the site. From the pictures, the ride should be a GREAT replacement for BBW. A "family" coaster that BGW REALLY needs. So far, it seems like it will be a more "fun" ride than an "intense" ride.

Then go ahead and post them oer here. Im sure you saved them lol...

Mission control... we have another Th13teen! at the end of the event building there is a section of track that will have to descend for the train to continue... either we will be getting the first gimble on a roller coaster or a th13teen like drop sequence.

AHHHH!

^^totally better then moaning ghosts!

Even though they weren't released, some concept art (unseen by my eyes) have been said to have a yellow/orange color. (copper?)

And the BBW station remodel will be very similar to that of CHeetah Hunt where a lot will be added to the front and sides of the structure for addtional themeing. And the queue line will be super long.

The station will be able to hold two trains at once. I think the coaster will be able to cycle 5 trains at once.

And If I may speculate, I think the world's first element is not a drop but a gimble.

In an overhead diagram, the place where the moving track is, the sides are wider for what looks like "side-to-side" allowance for "something"....

And there is SO MUCH MORE!

^You enter the building, turn, go through a helix and into some type of block brake or something, then you pull a u-turn to where those "gnarly hands" are. Some crazy visual/audio effects take place, maybe the hands "grab" at you, the train rocks back and forth, then the track drops and you launch back out of the building. That seems about accurate enough for now.

^ May have been "rash" with my word choice... The pictures and documents released show Zierer style trains and the moderators of BGWfans who were posting the documents first posted this

I will admit its not hard evidence....

(yeah, I sux)

EDIT: And so most of the pics have been removed from the site... The pics were apart of a member only preview. Fully info release upcoming...

Oh okay. Hmmm. Well I'm glad they're branching out then. Force One and Wicked both look decent.

If it wasn't for the mid-course brake run killing the last third of the ride, Wicked would be a great ride. With that said, the coaster is still very good. ...So at least there's reason to be excited for this coaster if it ends up being a Zierer instead of an Intamin.

I see potential airtime moments and potential twisty.

For any thrill-seeker disappointed with these plans, do you want BGW to build another awesome thrilling coaster down the road? Project 2012 is how they will afford it.

It looks like a pure winner: launches, drops, dark ride, BBW terrain. It has a dark ride section = rare. Guests will LOVE this! You just may too.

I was kinda expecting part of the ride to go onto DF"s old spot. Considering the fact that BGW is moving concerts to the Royal Palace Theater, it seems that the old concert area is being used less and less so it looks like Busch is probably gonna be using the old Festhaus Park for a future expansion (maybe a Project 2015 or something).

Layout-wise I like it. Although I'd rather have a Blue Fire or an iSpeed, BGW definitely needs a transition coaster for families with kids too tall for Grover, but too short for LNM. As long as this ride is even close to BBW in quality, I'm all for it!

- Looks like my family coaster prediction was right.