TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags NJ Really Zero Flags

A minor note...

At plenty of rides (including at Six Flags parks), the ops clearly and firmly warn you to stay clear of the gates. And if you're not warned, just keep it in mind! Those gates do infinitely more good than harm.

Do not ask me to comment on the Flash Pass! (I get worked up.) I am in favor of the system, and see no deal-breaking problems with it--some concerns, perhaps, but I'd rather have it exist than not.

Also...sitting on the ground or whatnot doesn't sound all that bad to me. There's nothing wrong (and a lot right) with resourcefulness!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Why be stupid and typical?!!?

We do plenty of things other than parks, and you know what, before we do it, I do research!!!!

Going on a cruise? I check the cruise enthusiast websites!

Going to an aquarium? I check all the reviews and discount sites.

Using random public transportation? I check the website and get maps and prepare.

Why is it okay to turn off your brain and just show up at a park with no clue what's gonig on?

If that's your plan, then you deserve to have a crappy time, and you deserve all the crap I'm going to give you for it!

Totally agreed. If I'm going to spend my hard-earned money on something I'm going to do research. Even if it's something like a camera or TV, but ESPECIALLY a trip or something.

^Why be stupid and typical?!!?

We do plenty of things other than parks, and you know what, before we do it, I do research!!!!

Going on a cruise? I check the cruise enthusiast websites!

Going to an aquarium? I check all the reviews and discount sites.

Using random public transportation? I check the website and get maps and prepare.

Why is it okay to turn off your brain and just show up at a park with no clue what's gonig on?

If that's your plan, then you deserve to have a crappy time, and you deserve all the crap I'm going to give you for it!

Lol, I guess so, I'm just not used to it - and I don't think a lot of people are.

I think we're programmed as enthusiasts by the parks we visit. I mean, I'm always surprised at how many people shell so much money for flash passes, and act like it's just common sense that they have to do so to have a good time. Where I live, NOBODY would do that, and the parks are arranged to accommodate that fact. Everywhere else it's common knowledge. I just think that's interesting.

I also don't like having to research my trip in order to be able to have fun. I do want to just want to show up and leave my brain at home - that' why I take the trips! I guess that's another way the parks differ regionally.

It's funny how at first, people react with disdain at the prices, but over time come to accept them as normal and think it's weird when people complain. I guess that's universal across industries though, just look at gas prices.

SFGAdv is my home park and I can do it on the busiest days with no flash passes. The park is an awesome place, but if you choose to be stupid, it's gonna be crappy, deal with it.

Food Prices extend out of the amusement parks, you can find them in sporting stadiums, show venues and places that see alot of people.

Gates : THEY WARN YOU OVER THE PA SYSTEM THAT THE GATES ARE NOW CLOSING WITH THE FOLLOWING SPEIL "THE GATES ARE NOW CLOSING, THE GATES ARE NOW CLOSING." Your son should have been paying attention.

Flash Pass : Pay for it or deal with the lines.

Line cutting : Deal with it or do something about it, like call them out, more likely than not other people feel the same way you do and will join in and the person won't cut. I've done it before and it works all the time, if you don't do something deal with it.

Eating : If you don't like the ground go get a re entry stamp and eat at your car.

ALL PARKS WILL HAVE RIDES CLOSED, DEAL WITH IT.

Upcharge Attractions : Don't like it? Don't ride it.

Rant Over.

I just hate when people bash an awesome park because of their own stupidity.

Water was almost 4 dollars a bottle. Food prices were so high as well.

Is this your first park big theme park you have ever visited if so, sorry for the theme park industry, especially the food industry. Prices are incredibly high. If youve been many other places well you should kknow food stuff. Sorry but i LOVE SFGADV.

Line cutting : Deal with it or do something about it, like call them out, more likely than not other people feel the same way you do and will join in and the person won't cut. I've done it before and it works all the time, if you don't do something deal with it.

Yeah I agree. Not to mention that I went to SFGAdv in June of 2008 (went to the park 3 days in total) and had ZERO problems with line jumpers and didn't see a single one the whole time. There were TONS of school groups there too, mind you.

Yeah I agree. Not to mention that I went to SFGAdv in June of 2008 (went to the park 3 days in total) and had ZERO problems with line jumpers and didn't see a single one the whole time. There were TONS of school groups there too, mind you.

Line jumping rarely happens there, and on rides like S:UF, GASM, B:TR it's very difficult to do.

Line jumping rarely happens there, and on rides like S:UF, GASM, B:TR it's very difficult to do.

Line cutting is not that difficult on any ride, all you need is a someone pushing past people and saying excuse me. While I haven't seen it happen nearly as often at SFGAdv over the past 3 years, that is probably because I rarely go to SFGAdv on crowded days. It should not be the responsibility of the patrons to stop this from happening. I have seen on ocassion when the guards are pre-occupied trying to remove other line cutters from the line that they don't see new people cutting. I can't state SFGAdv's current policy on line cutters but in the past I have pointed out line cutters to security and they claim they can't do anything if they did not witness it.

At SFGAdv I have never seen security guards just wave people through after setting off the metal detector. However, the fact that they don't check people coming back in with hand stamps doesn't make sense.

If the OP did encounter line cutting as bad as he said, that and the lack of metal detectors for those re-entering are his only valid complaints.

And for those who suggest getting a free glass of water at SFGAdv, I'd gladly pay $4 for a bottle of water before drinking New Jersey water. New Jersey water is horrible.

Try not to visit the park between July and August and it will be much less crowded and half as dissapointing. SFGADV is my favorite of the nine six flags parks I've been to. Beautiful landscaping, great coasters and a much improved staff. Line cutting should be dealt with immediately, if you ever see someone line cutting, just let a staff member know and they will be removed. Most theme parks have a zero tolerance policy and will remove them.

As far as gates being closed on people go... I can tell you from first hand experience that your average ride operator is going to close the gates when he sees that the rows are clear of hands and feet. If your son sticks his hand through the gate while its closing or if the parent was letting their kid get so close to closing gates then of course he's going to hurt his hand. This should really be the responsibility of the parent. Ride operators are not babysitters. It's very hard to see down 15 rows or so and this will happen once in a while, just pay attention to them!

You should really give the park another chance... or at least lighten up a little.

While I haven't seen it happen nearly as often at SFGAdv over the past 3 years, that is probably because I rarely go to SFGAdv on crowded days.

What do you know about line cutting at Six Flags????

If this guy made the same comment toward Cedar Point there wouldn't be this kind of reaction! Rarely do people rush to CP's aide after a member had a bad day at the park. My point being who cares if someone doesn't like SF or SFGADV. It's only one persons opinion.

Thats because Cedar Point sucks.

And not a single complaint about the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo... I'm starting to think the OP didn't even go to the park.

LOL That's the only thing the enthusiasts complain about is the lockers and yet the OP didn't write it in lol.

As for saying that nearly every park has upcharge attractions I find hard to accept - not the one's I clearly go to. I think this kind of practice should be clearly discouraged. We already pay high prices for park entries so why should you have to pay yet again unless it's well publicized?

Many, many parks do have upcharge attractions (the most popular I believe being the Skycoaster). And why shouldn't they cost extra? They're run by independent companies, and are extremely low capacity and time consuming rides. So what, would it be better to spread the cost out over everyone's general admission ticket, and open the ride to the public? Compared to the people that paid for the park ticket, hardly any of them would have a chance to ride it. It's a special feature ride.

I hate when people complain about high prices for food, q-bots, drinks, etc at amusement parks!

Agreed 100%

Ive been to SFGADV and understand everything your saying, but a big rant saying things like

Fast pass is nothing like Disney ( free at Disney )

is just really annoying on boards like these. Six Flags is not Disney, why would you go expecting it to be?

Line jumping isnt allowed at Six Flags, if you go to a ride operator and say "That person cut the line," the ride op will kick the guy out of line. Saving spots in line is allowed at Disney.

Typically, at CGA they announce the gates are closing...even the ground has yellow or red lines on the ground far enough back from the actual airgate.

Also, as with any theme park, I will do any eating ahead of time, preferably on the way to the park to allow for max time at the park. Being as I'm a pass holder, (and if you are, you should invest in one of these) parks often sell souvenir cups that allow for cheap refills all season long (or seasons long for CGA, still using last year's cup for this season)...drinks are just shy of $2 for a nice sized cup, and usually lasts me a while.

As far as line jumpers go, they annoy me just as much. This could be a legit complaint to guest relations if you feel nothing was under control for that.

And as others said, just picnic at your car...that's what we always did once the park disallowed coolers inside.

Lastly, as everyone said, check out fan sites or even here...often people post topics regarding a certain park they're going to visit and maybe someone can tell you what rides are down/were down, which are the most busiest and the best times to ride. Not sure if Six Flags twitters their park's page or not and if they post what's probably not going to open that day (or week in that matter).

I'm sure SF will probably get you some free tickets or something like that if you have a true/legit complaint about operations and line hopping (which is to be expected anywhere, really).

I have begun to find this guy's rant about SFGADV quite humorous. I think he thought we were an ACTUAL review site. Hence, Theme Park "Review". Lol.

Exactly, and people from the "GP" post things(aka "reviews") to sites like yelp.com(the article below)

I was torn between giving this place a 1 star instead of a 2 star rating. The only reason why I am giving it 2 stars are the animals.

My in-laws bought 3 of my kids season passes so I thought we would go and that my wife, my other daughter and myself would be able to get in for free as season pass holders get 5 free guest passes. Luckily, we went on a day that the guest passes were good. The guest passes are only good on selected days. Of course you do not know this until you get the coupon book.

I expected a crowd there but the employees at this park have no control. I went to see the dolphin show and people were standing in the aisle. The employee would walk and tell them to move but nobody would listen to the guy.

Also, we experienced a rude employee at the exit gate. My family was leaving the park and not returning. She was at the turnstile stamping hands for re-entry. As we were were not returning, there was an open gate, so I walked through. Then I hear this person yelling at me saying "That's Not an Exit". Well, if it's not an exit, lock the damn gate or place somebody in front so that nobody goes through.

I was not happy with the element that goes to Discovery Kingdom either. I have not seen so many punk kids and trailer trash people in one place at the same time. You know the types. The kids that line jump, not moving when the line moves to piss people off, adults wearing shirts that say "Find the Wet Spot" and so on.

I have been to Disneyland on a busy day and had a better time even with the crowds.

I think the difference between Disneyland and Discovery Kingdom is that the the employees at Disneyland have some pride where they work. I believe that this is because it is a full time gig and the employees at Discovery Kingdom know that they will be let go at the end of the season.

I will not return here again unless it is free and that is only a maybe. This place may be closed at the end of the season anyways.

This is clearly not from an enthusiasts perspective, as it seems that at least 50% of this article is not the parks fault.

(The yelp.com is bolded because I cant figure out how to do more than 1 quote per post.)

I also don't like having to research my trip in order to be able to have fun. I do want to just want to show up and leave my brain at home - that' why I take the trips!

That is just flat-out LAZY! If you can't be bothered to spend a little bit of time pulling up information on your computer before you take a trip, you fully deserve whatever crappy time you get for lack of planning!

Anytime you are shelling out a significant amount of money on anything, you should research what you are doing, or suffer the consequences of your own stupidity.

I agree with some things the OP said but it's what you should expect going into a park like Great Adventure. The park has really improved since the early 2000's which is a good thing. When going to the park you shouldn't expect to walk on a ride without a wait. I personally do not spend money on Fast Pass because I'm broke...lol...

IMO Great Adventure is a park full of kid rides and great coasters but nothing in between to do but at least they have removed most of the rides that were usually SBNO.