TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

B&M Flyer Evacuation

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a platform under ALL the flyer lifts? I don't remember their being one on SFGAdv's S:UF, but I may be horribly mistaken.

EDIT: No, I was right. There is no platform , just a very small catwalk off to left. There is nothing underneath you when you go up that lift, just the ground. How would you get evacuated from that?

I know with AIR at Alton Towers, there is a set of electrically operated stairs that moves up and down the lift underneath where the train would be, I have never seen an evac done, but I have seen the platform.

The evac lift runs between the two black runners seen above.

You can see the evac platform currently about half way up the lift.

Is there a platform under ALL the flyer lifts? I don't remember their being one on SFGAdv's S:UF, but I may be horribly mistaken.

EDIT: No, I was right. There is no platform , just a very small catwalk off to left. There is nothing underneath you when you go up that lift, just the ground. How would you get evacuated from that?

It's a platform that is only big enough for one row at a time, and can be moved up and down the lift accordingly. Watch this video and from 0:04-0:08 you can easily see the platform sitting at the bottom of the lift.

Speaking from first hand experience, B&M flyer evac has two or three ride ops come out to the train. One with a really long screw pole thing goes to the back of each row and manually releases the fly-position lock bar. Then the ride ops will push the row into a sitting position (or you'll swing forwards like the above video) where they will unlock your restraints using a T-handle key, lift the shin restraint lever and by press a release mechanism behind the seat. Then you hop out of the train and they guide you back to the station. Evac on lift hill I assume is a very similar process.