TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island Trip report 7-17-09

Im gona write an trip report and add photos later.

In general most of the ride had a hour plus wait lol.

Got to the park around 10;20 ish. ( I got kinda lost). Bought premeuim parking.

First ride of the day Thunderhawk. Line really short. I really enjoyed this coaster. Next was flight of fear. Kinda tamed. (bout 30 minute wait). Then i rode Vortex. Really cool coaster. After that i got me some ice cream from the vending machine . (4.00 for ice cream on a stick ,lol). Later on i rode Top Gun (Awesome )(long line). The Racer. And the flume ride,and rapid ride. Omg Drop Zone is so high. I waited in line for the Crypt for a very long time, it then broke down. So, i left and went to the beast. I got a night ride on the beast and top gun.It was so cool. I also had dinner at the all you can eat buffet place. I'm disapointed the food wasn't that great.

Diamond back line was so long. Went home around 10 ish.( i was aching)

I still got a day left at Kings island. So hopefully the lines wont be that bad .

Wish me luck.

Photos coming soon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firehawk =/= Thunderhawk. FAIL.

I know its hard to believe, but I heard that most rides has ridiculous waits this past weekend. I guess a company decided to have a corporate event the same day as the public was there, resulting in lines nearly twice as long as usual. Apparently here's what I heard about the lines (in case anyone was curious):

-DB's line stretched all the way past Rivertown Junction

-Beast was backed up past the photo booth with a full queue

-Racer had at least half the switchbacks on each side filled

-FoF was out into the X-Base plaza

-Firehawk was more than a 3-hour wait

-etc. etc. etc.

The park was absolutely packed yesterday because we were open until midnight and there was also a company there. It was the worst I have seen it all year. Of course I had to work on the day when it was packed.

Oh and you trip report kinda made no sense at all.

Diamondbacks line was not at all long on Friday night. It was only a little over 20 minutes. And I'm pretty sure that most of the people on this site realize that Drop TOWER is high so thanks for reminding us. Top Gun I can live with but Thunderhawk!? Fail.

I went to Kings Island on the 7th of July and I had a bad day because of the huge crowd and constant breakdowns. I got there at opening and waited 'til KI opened it's gates then ran to DB. It was broken down for about 1.5 hrs so I managed to move myself up to front of the line. Then went to Beast, waited for an hour, then it broke down. I went to Firehawk, broken down. After a couple hours of riding other coasters I went back to Beast and waited aanother hour. Then what-do-you-know, it breaks own, AGAIN!! So most of the day there 4 biggest coasters were broken down making every ride have a HUGE line because of the crowd. O, and did I mention I went on a Tuesday not a weekend. So DiSab I feel your pain.

But for anyone who wants to ride Diamondback without a 3 hr wait I highly recomend getting there before 10 and waiting for the gate to open so you can be one of the first of the day to ride it before it breaks down.

In all honesty, DB (or really any B&M) doesn't break down that much. Sounds like you just went on a bad day.

DB's line really does move quickly. When I was there, the line went all the way to Rivertown Junction with full switchbacks. We were in the station in under an hour.

Update from the park im taking a snack break omg there music by enya ( i love this place,)second day info later tonight. A note my feet are killng me

MOD EDIT by larrygator: In your next update, please use proper grammar and punctuation or this thread will be locked.

But for anyone who wants to ride Diamondback without a 3 hr wait I highly recomend getting there before 10 and waiting for the gate to open so you can be one of the first of the day to ride it before it breaks down.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The last time Diamondback was a 3 hour wait was right when the park opened to the public on opening day because almost every guest tall enough to ride the coaster ran there first. Diamondback has an amazing capacity and the line is only long in the morning because that is what everyone wants to ride first.

I was at the park Saturday too for the first time, and I was shocked by how long the lines were. Me and my sis were gonna chill at the kids area only to find the reptar coaster and the fairly odd coaster had a 1hr wait and a 40min wait. We finished the night by waiting 45min for Vortex (underrated) and then heading to the Beast for a night ride which was unbelievable. The line for the Beast moved quickly but they shut the ride down for a half hour during the fireworks and people were not happy at all. Luckily I got on Firehawk, Flight Of Fear, and Backlot Stunt Coaster before it got too crowded during the morning.

The park was absolutely packed yesterday because we were open until midnight and there was also a company there. It was the worst I have seen it all year. Of course I had to work on the day when it was packed.

Oh and you trip report kinda made no sense at all.

Diamondbacks line was not at all long on Friday night. It was only a little over 20 minutes. And I'm pretty sure that most of the people on this site realize that Drop TOWER is high so thanks for reminding us. Top Gun I can live with but Thunderhawk!? Fail.

I don't call any of the rides by there new names. Most of them are just terrible, and they could of honestly done better. The old names were better.

Seriously, The "Crypt" is a large ugly looking buliding. At lest they could of put fake trees and branches/vines all over it to give it more of a jungle look.