TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I love the look of the new plans.

Was it ever confirmed that the snow white dark ride was being removed for the coaster? If so, what will replace it....maybe a Mr Toad?

This is what's gonna replace Scary Adventure.

In Princess Fairytale Hall, Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet guests in their new home, an elegant royal court on the site where Snow White’s Scary Adventures stands today.

Was it ever confirmed that the snow white dark ride was being removed for the coaster? If so, what will replace it....maybe a Mr Toad?

As I understand it, the existing Snow White ride is going to be the princess meet and greets.

They have already put signage up on the construction walls about the new coaster:

snowwhitewall.jpg.4d3f436b606f16ec998d49ed4d7077bf.jpg

I may be a little biased here since I am currently consumed in Fairies and Princesses. I also can relate to SharkTums on the buying of these costumes and gearing up to buy some new ones for my next Disney trip (whichever park that may be).

I agree with a few of the other posters that think of Fantasyland as a little girls place in the park. I am a little disappointed they scrapped Pixie Hollow here and hope they find another space for it in the future. Many rides in Adventurland and Tommorrowland are more boy centric. Oh well, it looks like a great expansion anyways... I will look forward to the new coaster for her at some point.

The most annoying thing here to me is the fact that the Florida suits downgraded the Pirates and Space Mountain upgrades due to the fact that it would "cause people to cancel their plans to visit WDWif the E ticket rides were closed" and then turn around and do this.

It's not a bad idea per se, it's the fact that WDW was always shortchanged on ride refurbishments compared to DisneyLand.

As an eastcoaster it's hard to watch what DL gets via on-line pics here as well as other Disney sites then find out that DW is getting the "lite" version.

HA HA HA HA florida is getting meets and greets while california gets a giant themed test track with 3 other rides.

Florida got a giant themed test track ages ago. It's called Test Track. Imagine that.

It's not a bad idea per se, it's the fact that WDW was always shortchanged on ride refurbishments compared to DisneyLand.

As an eastcoaster it's hard to watch what DL gets via on-line pics here as well as other Disney sites then find out that DW is getting the "lite" version.

What exactly are we getting the "lite" version of? We don't know how our Mermaid will compare to DCA's and everything else in this expansion is unique to MK. Why did you even mention ride refurbishments? Nothing's being refurbished here (except Dumbo.) You might want to read the plans again, because I'm not sure you understand what they're doing.

HA HA HA HA florida is getting meets and greets while california gets a giant themed test track with 3 other rides.

HA HA HA HA Florida has had a giant themed test track for over twelve years.