TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

That model is a great reference as I was trying to figure out just where everything will be built in Fantasyland Forest. In my opinion, this is a much needed rehab for WDW's Fantasyland. It will definitely up the quality of theming.

With Goofy's Barnstormer coaster being rethemed to Dumbo, I wonder if DCA will receive the old Goofy/Aviation show props, as Mulholland Madness will be renamed "Goofy's Sky School" and sport the same theme.

That's some good info!

Interesting that Tinkerbell's section is a "second phase". I would more than bet that is because they are going to re-evaluate putting anything Fairy-branded into the park, as it is not as popular as the "Princess" line-up of merchandise.

Reads like Belle's area is really an outdoor mall with a premium restaraunt.

Imo, maybe they are focused too much on the retail side in this instance. I know they are spending huge money on research projects on how to address the line issues at their parks, but really isn't the answer kind of self-explanatory? High quality attractions/rides will split crowds far better than shopping.

Cinderella's Chateau? Strikes me as perhaps low on the capacity side, and more of a mini-theatrical performance area.

Dumbo's Circus, now the start of a "land" really with Barnstormer becoming clown ride - does appear to be a tad out of place within the visual context of this expansion. It's like a little pocket of circus within the natural "forest" look they are going for just across the pathway. Maybe they should dump Tinkerbell and embrace the Dumbo circus concept more fully within that pocket. Mickey's Silly Symphony (DCA) would at least kind of match the fairground feel of Dumbo.

dang! Awesome as this would be for the park (especially bringing in revenue for the business) Im going to miss Mickey and Minnie's house. I'm a sucker for the characters even at 17. I do hope they move it. It will be cool to see everything get a new facelift.javascript:emoticon(':)') I'm going there summer

Disney has officially announced that it will add its own version of California's recent Summer Nightastic celebration to its calendar featuring the short return of the Mainstreet Electrical Parade, updates to the Tower of Terror and a new Summer-specific fireworks show.

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/archives/5030

The “Main Street Electrical Parade” lights up the streets of Magic Kingdom and headlines a season of after-dark excitement coming to Walt Disney World Resort. “After the sun goes down, our Walt Disney World parks will light up the night with ‘Summer Nightastic!’, ” announced Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort, at a media event Wednesday.

Disney magic will shine and shimmer in a whole new light. Here’s a look around:

-With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneyland and marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.

-The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror welcomes “drop-ins” this summer with even more pulse-racing surprises. New lighting effects and the addition of a new drop sequence, created especially for “Summer Nightastic!”, will bring unexpected frights to guests who step into that infamous service elevator. If they dare.

-What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular. The night sky will explode in vivid colors and brilliant visual effects as whimsical music fills the air.

-Other fun! The return of the Sounds Like Summer concert series to Epcot and extended evening hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom several times a week add up to summer fun as only Disney can do – at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Big news today…we’re thrilled to announce that one of the most beloved attractions in Disney history, the Main Street Electrical Parade, is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this summer – and it’ll be better than ever. The classic parade will feature new LED lights and new audio technology when it begins its limited engagement at Walt Disney World in early June 2010.

Tinker Bell will lead the parade waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. The parade’s return is part of Summer Nightastic! — an amazing lineup of new and enhanced entertainment planned this summer at Walt Disney World theme parks. For example, there will be new lighting effects and a new addition to Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Also, Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular.

There’s plenty more planned and we’ll have more details in upcoming weeks but we wanted to tell you what we knew first on The Disney Parks Blog. Check back here for more.

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/02/main-street-electrical-parade-to-return-to-disney-world/

Great news for fans of “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds”: Walt Disney World will bring back the classic Main Street Electrical Parade to the Magic Kingdom this summer.

Other changes around Walt Disney World: A new Magic Kingdom fireworks show, and new effects at Hollywood Studios’ Tower of Terror, including a change to the drop sequence. But it’s the return of the Electrical Parade, the most beloved parade in Disney history, that will have Disney fans rejoicing. As part of a seasonal promotion called “Summer Nightastic!,” the parade is being shipped from the Disneyland resort in California. Although it’s the classic parade, it will have some tweaks: A new Tinker Bell presentation at the head of the parade, and floats dedicated to Snow White and Pinocchio.

On the technology front, the lights will now be LED bulbs and there is new audio technology being employed. “Even the music is guaranteed to bring back Disney memories,” said Walt Disney World president Meg Crofton Wednesday evening. The return of the MSEP, as aficionados abbreviate it, is expected to take place in June; it will run through the summer.

The parade debuted at Walt Disney World in 1977 and ran until 1991, when it was replaced by the SpectroMagic parade. It later returned for a limited engagement from 1999-2001. It has been showing at peak times at Disney’s California Adventure park in Anaheim during the past few years. The California parks had a Summertime Nightastic! promotion this past summer

elt609100SMALL.jpg.21678e168f596226fc46cde118e41b6d.jpg

elp100993SMALL.jpg.a28c08512a98a2a550b7ba785af92c23.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

I really enjoyed the parade and fireworks in Disneyland last year. It's good to see that WDW are shaking it up a little and I think the fireworks will be a welcome change from wishes. I hope they stick to their time schedule tho because I wanna see Wishes when I go in May lol!

Losing DEP is actually a good move for DCA in the sense that the nighttime parade will not be a hinderance for people flooding into DCA for World of Color. World of Color would be going off right about when DEP was to end if the two were to be both running on the same night, and that could have been an ugly situation.

I'd be interested to know what this summer fireworks special is given how Wishes was so intertwined with the restaurants at the Polynesian & Contemporary hotels. Hopefully the people paying a ton of money & planning these special dining experiences months in advance are not let down because they're seeing what might be just a seasonal offering instead of the familiar Wishes experience.

BOOOO This means no Electrical Parade in Cali then right?

Well most of the parade routes are under some sort of construction and will be for a while.

I'm glad they are at least doing something with the parade in the meantime.

The Electrical Parade never really "fit" in DCA--just seemed out of place. Main Street in Florida or California is where it belongs.

^Summer Nightastic! is actually a play on the Disney name, Fantasmic!. This originated as a tie-into better promote the changes made to Disneyland's version of the popular show, and since Disney already had the license to the name, they went ahead and used it for their Summer promotion.