TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

11 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Needless to say, Rise Of The Resistance will be foremost on our minds.

I hope you have an experience similar to mine and your brain breaks.  Seriously, that ride is so goddamned excellent that I couldn't form words until I was halfway up the exit ramp.

• Like 1

I was there a week ago and I can't recommend springing for Genie/Lightning Lane or whatever the extras are called enough.  I didn't do the planning or setting up, so I'm not entirely sure exactly what we used but it worked out well.  The only things we missed out on were the ones we just had to skip.  I have similar feelings about Rise of the Resistance.  I would call it an "experience" not just a ride.  Totally blew me away, even on my second ride last week.  Smugglers Run gets a little overlooked, but I like it almost as much as Rise.  I've stayed at Pop Century a few times, including last week.   Being able to use the Skyliner to access Epcot and Studios is a game changer.  It made taking the bus to AK and MK feel like a total beating.

• Like 1

Yeah a lot of people hate on Smuggler's Run but for me that was one of the high points of our trip.   I know it's basically just a big video game but for me, piloting the falcon was almost literally a dream come true.  And then looking over and seeing my daughter copiloting, a huge smile on her face, well I still tear up a little sometimes just thinking on it.

• Like 1

I dunno, I waited about thirty seconds in the single rider line, got pilot, even got the light speed trigger seat, and I still felt like I wasted my time.  That ride is a snooze fest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jarmor said:

So how is MNSSHP?  Thinking of rounding up the kids in my family and flying down for it. . .

It used to be my absolute favorite thing at all of Disney World, but I'm not sure how much of it has changed post covid. Assuming the parade and fireworks are back, and trick or treating, and they keep the capacity limits low like they used to it should be worth a trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

It used to be my absolute favorite thing at all of Disney World, but I'm not sure how much of it has changed post covid. Assuming the parade and fireworks are back, and trick or treating, and they keep the capacity limits low like they used to it should be worth a trip. 

Its back in its original form. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Walt Disney World has announced the return of holiday favorites and new holiday experiences that will be offered across the resort during this year's holiday season including the return of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. 

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr1.thumb.jpeg.562f4d684a95029459c05007cd5a2cb8.jpeg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/06/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-holiday-favorites-return-to-disney-world/

Believe it or not, it takes 12 months to prepare for the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort! As the year cycles through springtime showers, summer barbeques, and autumn harvests, cast members are also busy planning for the most wonderful time of the year at the “Most Magical Place on Earth.” In celebration of #HalfwayToTheHolidays, here’s a sneak peek of all things holly and jolly coming to Walt Disney World this year, including the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park.

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr3.jpeg.6057d93e877b3c96c35287aef47be820.jpeg

Celebrate the Season at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this year! On 24 select nights, Nov. 8 – Dec. 22, 2022, this separately ticketed event will invite guests to Magic Kingdom for an evening of merriment.

• Join Mickey and his pals at the Cinderella Castle stage for the ultimate must-watch Christmas extravaganza – “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances.
  • Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks and seasonal songs. 
  • With his famous flying reindeer leading the way, Santa Claus will join Mickey Mouse and friends in the must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” as it makes its way through the park.
  • Speaking of Santa Claus, he isn’t the only one who likes cookies during the holidays. Partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
  • Magic Kingdom attractions will get a special dose of yuletide cheer. Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!  
  • Also at Magic Kingdom, dance the night away alongside favorite Disney characters during an out-of-this-world holiday show, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
  • The fun continues for young partygoers and Disney Junior fans of all ages at Storybook Circus during the “Disney Junior Jingle Jam” as Disney Junior characters take part in a fun-filled dance celebration.
  • NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.

Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and may be purchased online beginning July 7, 2022. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30, 2022. Ticket prices will range from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:

• November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
  • December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22

Discover Holiday Magic Across Walt Disney World

Can’t get enough holiday magic? There are so many themed experiences to unwrap at Walt Disney World this upcoming season. Keep reading for a preview of what you can look forward to, beginning Nov. 11.

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr4.jpeg.7d41ce82aad5c618a9bf48e33f4b1687.jpeg

Watch Disney Park Icons Transform for the Holidays

During the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, select theme park icons will continue to transform into Beacons of Magic, illuminating select nights with an EARidescent glow. And as a special yuletide surprise for guests, the magic will continue as each park celebrates the season with a delightful rotation of unique heartwarming holiday-themed displays.

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr5.jpeg.493c49e8811020478e3a6cab2c1abfc9.jpeg

Say Hello to Santa Claus

The holiday season will be an especially busy time for Jolly Old St. Nick as he makes special appearances throughout Walt Disney World. Catch him cruising down Hollywood Boulevard in his candy-apple red convertible at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade and voyaging across the Discovery River as part of a festive flotilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Santa Claus will continue to spread the joyous spirit of the season during visits to Magic Kingdom Park and Disney Springs, where guests may have individual time to take photos and share their Christmas wishes. Finally, at EPCOT, Santa Claus will join storytellers from around the world as a part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth beginning Nov. 25

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr6.jpeg.f381eb5b13538e77cab0331e71b93657.jpeg

Enjoy Festive Entertainment Across Walt Disney World

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will come alive with the return of a Merry Menagerie of winter animals realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.

Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season. 

At Disney Springs, guests visiting Town Center will experience a magical snowfall, bringing the spirit of the North Pole to Central Florida.

EPCOT will celebrate the return of “Candlelight Processional” during EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays beginning Nov. 25, a beloved long-standing tradition of heartwarming holiday performances at America Gardens Theatre.

This season, the Guardians will trade in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. Guests will blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.

Disney PhotoPass photographers can help guests enhance their Disney vacation photos with holiday-themed Magic Shots at all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a new Disney PhotoPass Lens and virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs. 

3817ryou24t9yiu2h435yhq4tr7.jpeg.1128d0c448a957f8b109ba8315875b6c.jpeg

Savor Festive Seasonal Flavors

Holiday Cookie Stroll will return to EPCOT this year, inviting guests to partake in a sweet scavenger hunt during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. The festival will also herald mouthwatering menus of traditional and inspired adaptations of holiday dishes from around the world at special Holiday Kitchens.

At Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar becomes Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar and will feature yuletide touches alongside festive food and craft cocktails.

Select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World will celebrate the season with tasty winter-inspired dishes. Make sure to look for future announcements on the Disney Parks Blog for all the delicious details.

Immerse Yourself in Delightful Holiday Décor 

The winter season will bring Christmastime cheer to every corner of Walt Disney World with whimsical décor that creates a nostalgic and joyous atmosphere. From twinkling trees and glittering ornaments to an abundance of tinsel and wreaths, the distinct personality of each Walt Disney World theme park shines brighter during the holidays. The merriment continues with the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth, where elaborately themed Christmas trees will draw inspiration from beloved characters, and at resorts across Walt Disney World, where guests will encounter artisan-made gingerbread creations displayed in select locations.

Search for the Perfect Yuletide Gift  

Looking for a thoughtful present for the Disney Parks fan in your life? During the season of giving, guests will encounter new dedicated holiday collections at select shopping locations across Walt Disney World, including Disney Springs. Check back here on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney Parks social channels as we will be sharing a first look at the new merchandise lines debuting later this year.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as we continue our spotlight on all things #HalfwayToTheHolidays across the Disney Parks. And if you’re planning a winter trip to Walt Disney World, visit our dedicated holidays page to learn more about how we’re celebrating the upcoming holiday season.

1 hour ago, CaptainUnknown said:

Question for budgetary purposes: is it possible to hold a day ticket to the park and a ticket to the Christmas party for the same date?

Yes. Two separate tickets to two separate events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jarmor said:

If you could do only one, which would it be? Not-So-Scary or Very Merry?

Not so Scary, just because I like Halloween better than Christmas and seeing the Magic Kingdom in "spooky Halloween" mode is way cooler than "festive fun" Christmas mode.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Not so Scary, just because I like Halloween better than Christmas and seeing the Magic Kingdom in "spooky Halloween" mode is way cooler than "festive fun" Christmas mode.

☝️ 

The only park atmosphere I found better than Not So Scary was KI Haunt. 

New details regarding the replacement for Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World and at Disneyland Park have been revealed including the new attraction's name, Tiana's Bayou Adventure!

1285936094_06_15.22AttractionLogo_Rendered_Large_Layered.thumb.png.699f7ede41b21439a36c932e39646d57.png

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/07/tianas-bayou-adventure-coming-to-disney-parks-in-late-2024/

Strike up the band because we’ve saved a seat for you on this musical journey with Tiana and friends! The name of the new attraction evolving from the reimagining of Splash Mountain was announced today during ESSENCE Fest in New Orleans: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. The all-new adventure which will bring guests into the world of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film “The Princess and the Frog” like never before is coming to Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland park in California in late 2024.

BI868768767686.jpg.cce80e72dac8d361476469c7ab5b0369.jpg

Walt Disney Imagineers have been frequent travelers to Louisiana while conducting extensive research to ensure Tiana’s Bayou Adventure preserves the heart and soul of the city that inspired Princess Tiana’s story. From exploring the French Market and the bayou, to consulting with academics, chefs, musicians and cultural institutions, Imagineers have received inspiration from all over the region and learned from local experts along the way.

This research was explored in detail today at the French Quarter’s historic Preservation Hall during an intimate event held in honor of ESSENCE Fest, happening this weekend in New Orleans. With its own distinct history bringing people together, Preservation Hall was the ideal location to celebrate an attraction where music and community are at the heart of a transformational journey. 

image2.jpeg.fbc1d46a5b8ed16039688df7852ea8b7.jpeg

image3.thumb.jpeg.56f5ce4dc2e5aadfdf2bcc72f23627cf.jpeg

The celebration included a panel moderated by Victoria Uwumarogie, senior lifestyle editor at ESSENCE Magazine. Joining me in this discussion were colleagues and friends Charita Carter, executive producer of relevancy activations at Walt Disney Imagineering, Ted Robledo, executive creative director at Walt Disney Imagineering and Stella Chase, daughter of the late Chef Leah Chase who inspired Tiana’s story. Guests were treated to live art demonstrations provided by emerging talent from YAYA Arts Center, an organization we’ve engaged to commission artwork from alumna Sharika Mahdi. Music from the world-renowned Preservation Hall Jazz Band echoed throughout the hall, along with a performance by the voice of Mama Odie and living legend herself, Jenifer Lewis. 

A1305957.thumb.JPG.8359950590cd72ee60706ff6720aa273.JPG

Guests are in for a true treat with local flavor when Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens in late 2024. As Charita Carter shared, “in many ways, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is a love letter to New Orleans. Like the musical city that inspired this attraction, Tiana’s second act is about a community working in harmony to achieve something extraordinary. She reminds us of an immutable truth we can all relate to: ‘if you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.’ And that’s a melody we can all sing along to!” 

To be able to join New Orleans in the celebration of Black joy as we bring Tiana’s story to its roots is a full-circle moment I’m so proud to realize. Ted Robledo added that “the joie de vivre that animates this region so brilliantly not only inspired Tiana’s journey, but also our team at Walt Disney Imagineering.” It’s our intention to do that jubilant spirit justice when advancing the storyline of Princess Tiana at our parks.

PATF_Attraction_Rendering_2021.thumb.jpg.9edfe01ee82ae8c858de8f95a8b597c5.jpg

First announced in 2020, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take guests on a musical adventure inspired by the beloved story and characters from the fan-favorite film. Picking up where the film left off, guests will join Princess Tiana, Naveen and jazz-loving alligator Louis on an adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome. Along the way, guests will encounter familiar faces, make new friends and travel through the bayou to original music inspired by songs from the film as they are brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.

Be sure to check back here later today for more exciting updates from ESSENCE Fest!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

892y7t334uihtjgkredf.jpg

• Like 2

I just hope they give us an ofifical closing date for the Splash Mountain rides. Hadn't planned on going to either Disney park any time soon but definitely would like to get on once more before it closes for good. 

I wish they would have treated this more like the Tower of Terror / Guardians of the Galaxy and have kept Splash at one of the parks here and put this new one at the other. 

I dont think anyone ever liked the theme on splash mountain, it was the whole thing that made it fun. If anything this should be a huge improvement since I have never seen the IP associated with splash mountain... 

I also dont think they will give a closing date since Disney will probably want to quietly shutter this ride.

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I wish they would have treated this more like the Tower of Terror / Guardians of the Galaxy and have kept Splash at one of the parks here and put this new one at the other. 

There's always Tokyo.

^ I don't think they're going to do anything in future, with their Splash Mountain. Somehow, the racist connection with the Disney movie isn't with the Japanese locals. They honestly don't know a lot about the USA film's racist past. They've had to have their own history to deal with.

So I really don't think, there's going to be any major change to Splash Mountain at TDL. IMhO.

I thought Tiana cooked & went on to open a great restaurant? Apparently that doesn't keep her busy enough so she's leading bayou adventures now! LOL

No one goes "OMG that Song of the South" gasp! It was from the 1940's, and I don't think I know one person that would say oh yea I know that movie.

Let's do a half baked overlay to appease the woke. 

A proper, brand new Tiana experience would have shown more commitment; whether that was a restaurant or ride than an overlay in FRONTIER TOWN (at wdw) in my opinion.

Oh and everyone will continue to call it Splash Mountain.  So there's that too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

No one goes "OMG that Song of the South" gasp! It was from the 1940's, and I don't think I know one person that would say oh yea I know that movie.

Let's do a half baked overlay to appease the woke. 

I'm sorry that not continuing to broadcast and support racist things doesn't fit your twisted world view. 

Its Disney; I can guarantee it won't be "a half baked overlay." 

Might I suggest you stick to the Darien Lake thread where every post is a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1