TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I know Disneyland over here has their fireworks set up in a few different spots (with some smaller ones dispersed around the perimeter of the park) even though they literally has no room left, so it's totally doable for Magic Kingdom to move the fireworks around with the space they have. Heck, they probably have something planned already once they get around to it (you know... once Avatar land, the Hollywood Studios expansion and Frozen Norway are done). Also, just realized today that you should never trust Google Earth with anything relating to theme park updates; they're embarrassingly outdated.

MK has fireworks distributed around the park already. I am assuming you've seen videos and/or have experienced the 360 degree fireworks show they do for special holidays? There are small launch stations installed around the perimeter of the park. (You can see them from the street if you know what you're looking for.)

Also there are launch stations for smaller effects on the roof of the Philharmagic/Hall of Presidents building and the Sir Mickey's/Storybook Treats building, as well as some effects launchers on the castle itself.

The MAIN launch station, that puts out the big earthshaking shells is the one behind the Castle.

As it is, don't they close the back half of New Fantasyland during fireworks due to potential fallout? I know they have Cast Members on patrol near the backside of the castle watching for fallout from the smaller in-park firework effects...

Okay, so I was at Magic Kingdom again today and went to the Sleepy Hollow Inn again. It was in the morning, and they were serving this special omelette waffle sandwich. It was okay (I think I should have put some salsa on it or something), and no where near as a amazing as the spicy chicken waffle sandwich.

That spicy chicken waffle sandwich is really amazing! It's definitely on my have to buy list every time I visit.

The only thing I've heard about that land is that some hotels finally bought it and are planning two hotels that will also have a restaurant and some sports space to try to cater to the 'team' market of people coming into Wide World of Sports.

I had a great time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party last Monday--good friends, good times, and lots of candy. The Celebrate the Magic projection show on the castle is great, the villains show in front of the castle is clever, and (as usual) the parade and Hallowishes fireworks show are among the best Disney has ever done. Having the Villains Club in the Golden Horseshoe was a good touch, as well--easier to handle than having the villains mingle with the crowd after the castle show.

I really liked the new Fantasyland. The theming is a big improvement over the old "festival tent" theming, and long overdue. The Little Mermaid queue is beautifully done, and the Enchanted Tales with Belle show is a good upgrade of the standard character "meet and greet." As for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the ride was even better than I expected. The "dark ride" portion through the mine is very well done, the "rocking" mine cars are cool, and there are some surprises in the coaster section (it definitely has a bit of a "kick" in the back car). Once again, no one does "family coasters" better than Disney.

All in all, another great night at the Magic Kingdom.

In closing . . . Boo to You!

10704157_856290474389799_8669870407848718234_n.jpg?oh=4ba94211bfa232ead97af930c56650e6&oe=54BA62C4&__gda__=1420644429_1718133b6b0787553dfe21603821bcc2

Edited by cfc

The only thing I've heard about that land is that some hotels finally bought it and are planning two hotels that will also have a restaurant and some sports space to try to cater to the 'team' market of people coming into Wide World of Sports.

There was an article about the development in the Orlando Business journal last week. It mentioned a few different hotel brands that were coming to the area in addition to shopping and dining etc. but it also mentioned that Disney is involved in the development of the property some how but the details were a bit vague.

I'll see if I can find the article and post some more specific information from it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/glow-with-the-show-evolves-into-made-with-magic-this-fall-at-disney-parks/

I have exciting news to share about the next evolution of Glow With the Show. Introduced in 2012 at Disneyland Resort, this ear hat technology allowed guests to become a part of a show by lighting up in time with or in the same color scheme as a nighttime show or fireworks display. Last year, it was added to nighttime spectaculars at Walt Disney World Resort such as Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Wishes nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park. This fall, we are adding some new merchandise items that contain this interactive technology under a new name called “Made With Magic.”

Made With Magic items will excite, delight, light up and interact with select Disney experiences at Disney Parks. We will continue to offer the original ear hat first introduced a few years ago. New items will include a new Minnie Mouse-inspired headband, a Mickey Mouse glove and, my favorite, a magical wand that reminds me of Sorcerer Mickey.

The Sorcerer Mickey wand will have multiple light-up functions and will give guests the ability to change the light patterns of other Made With Magic items. Guests can also place the Made With Magic items in a color-changing demo mode, when they aren’t present at “Made With Magic”-enabled entertainment.

As with the previously released ear hat, all Made With Magic items will interact with experiences at Disney Parks around the world regardless of where the items were originally purchased.

Each item will have a retail of $25.00.

Guests should look for the Minnie Mouse headband to arrive in late October and early November in select merchandise locations at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. The Mickey Mouse glove and the Sorcerer Mickey wand will be introduced in late November to early December at those same locations.

MWM585941.jpg.e83f1373c040ea9c0923986170107e1f.jpg

MWM585943.thumb.jpg.f7591a49b60cf3d4775d3730d1ef4340.jpg

It would be interesting to see if they could incorporate the "Made with Magic" concept into an app for a phone that made the screen light up with the show. Then again, it would probably drain people's phone batteries and nobody wants to hold their phone up for an entire show, so it's probably a dumb idea.

However, it would be cool to see if they could create MagicBands with LED lights built in in order to glow with the show. That one doesn't sound as dumb.

I love this. I didn't buy the ears because I couldn't see my own ears so they wouldn't add to my experience. It sounds like more of these items will be able to be seen by the owner of them, a big plus.

^thr Magic bands are a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently the seven dwarfs dug too greedily and too deep?

Perhaps they accidentally broke into the Mines of Moria.

As I recall, small fires from fireworks fallout aren't that unusual at Disney parks, and they're usually handled quickly without too much fuss. I know Disneyland's 50th-anniversary show used to cause some problems, particularly in Toontown and on the castle.