TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I thought this was pretty neat, today's 'Dream-along with Mickey' firework smoke seemed to mix with the mist and rain creating a really heavy fog, hiding the castle from view at the other end of mainstreet.

It was kind of creepy actually.

Tonight was crazy foggy! Visibility on World Drive was like 50 feet on my way home.

Hmmm...

This thing about Disney "vs." Universal in what's opening etc.

has turned into a real "David & Goliath" for me.

And Disney will do just fine. And Universal will have finally

"caught up" with Disney, using their new technologies

AND that all important (Disney) theme of Total Environment, without

seeing the tech itself (i.e Potter Verse).

I think that really, after this year, things might reverse and then

all things Disney will be happening (Ratatouille WDS; Iron Man HKDL;

Shanghai Disneyland; New Tomorrowland [?] DL). For a few years or so.

And then Universal will start catching up again. Like Potter

in Hollywood, soon.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Hmmm...

This thing about Disney "vs." Universal in what's opening etc.

has turned into a real "David & Goliath" for me.

And Disney will do just fine. And Universal will have finally

"caught up" with Disney, using their new technologies

AND that all important (Disney) theme of Total Environment, without

seeing the tech itself (i.e Potter Verse).

I think that really, after this year, things might reverse and then

all things Disney will be happening (Ratatouille WDS; Iron Man HKDL;

Shanghai Disneyland; New Tomorrowland [?] DL). For a few years or so.

And then Universal will start catching up again. Like Potter

in Hollywood, soon.

I think the difference between Universal and Disney in the next few years, is that we know everything Disney is building through 2017/18. With Universal, there are very reputable rumors for King Kong, Jurassic Park, WonderSea Island, and a 5th Hotel, that haven't and won't be announced until they are well under construction. Heck they've already started land clearing in separate areas in Jurassic Park for two areas themed to different IPs. Universal is not slowing down, and Disney is definitely not catching up in terms of new attractions.

Think about Avatar, they made the announcement in 2011, 6 years before its expected opening date. With Diagon Alley, they didn't make the official announcement until last fall, less than a year before opening.

It is coming out that Wednesday is PUSH's last day.

www.insidethemagic.net/2014/02/push-the-talking-trash-can-could-get-canned-at-magic-kingdom-fans-rise-against-walt-disney-world-entertainment-cut/

The story mentions a contract? I thought this was something Disney came up with?

According to an update at the bottom of the article, Push is now gone.

Perhaps something better is coming? He was a bit "80's". I never was as obsessed with him as a lot of the Disney fans are and KT never liked him at all!

I agree. Disney can do much better with animatronic streetmosphere!

I've enjoyed all the puns. Unfortunately we didn't know about Push until after our trip so we never got to experience him. Oh well, it sounds like it was a waste of time but I certainly don't want to trash his existence.

Seven Dwarfs does look amazing! Since I'm not well traveled, perhaps someone more educated on the matter can answer. Is this the first time tilting train cars has been attempted on a coaster? I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

I've enjoyed all the puns. Unfortunately we didn't know about Push until after our trip so we never got to experience him. Oh well, it sounds like it was a waste of time but I certainly don't want to trash his existence.

Seven Dwarfs does look amazing! Since I'm not well traveled, perhaps someone more educated on the matter can answer. Is this the first time tilting train cars has been attempted on a coaster? I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Well, don't the Arrow suspended coasters have swinging gondolas? But I think it is the first time they have been put on a sitting coaster. Hopefully they are smooth and fun.