TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I went on Space Mountain today and the Fast Pass line was really long, it went all the way to the beginning of the games in the regular queue. Then, when we got to where they collected the Fast Passes, they sent to a hallway behind the Alpha queue and we rode on that side instead of Omega like usual.

There is no designated side for FastPass. Guests can be sent to either side. The hourly percentage of FastPass guests is much higher than 50%.

When we used Fast Passes on Space Mountain we were sent to Alpha for our first ride and Omega for the second.

Word on the street is that tomorrow is the last day for paper FastPass tickets at Magic Kingdom. As of Monday everything is going to FP+ only. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Wow. Does that mean Magic Bands are going into effect as well? Soon guest relations will be full of guests wishing to complain about the horrible tan lines on their wrists \

In all seriousness though, I know they have been in development so long, but it feels like we hardly know anything about them, just rumors and speculation. Does this mean the only way to view Fast Passes will be on smart phones?

I'm really excited to see how this works out.

My MDE app still says FP+ is only available for pre-selected test participants. Wasn't there an in-park kiosk of some sort that guests were able to use in DAK?

Did paper FP's really go offline today at MK? If so, I hope someone can report on what most guests are to do for FP+ if the MDE app FP+ controls aren't open to all yet.

With all tickets now having RFID you just go to one of the inpark kiosks or roaming FastPass + Cast Members to setup your selections if you haven't already done it on the app.

I love it! We are able to book our fastpasses before we even head out to a park! It's a great judge of how crowded a park is too.

Are Magic Bands currently being given to all people who book a resort stay, special random people chosen who book a resort stay, or nobody who wasn't already chosen for these testing periods?

I'm sure FP+ is working out great. It's just not easy to get a grasp of the what & how before booking or arriving, and I'm in the planning stage of a big April trip.

They give them to all resort guests. You can go on the MDX to choose the color of the bands and have them shipped to you, otherwise they will have grey ones for you when you check in.

Awesome! Is there somewhere on MDX this can be seen prior to booking? Or, does this more or less "unlock" itself after booking is confirmed and I log into MDX with the reservation attached to my account?

Awesome! Is there somewhere on MDX this can be seen prior to booking? Or, does this more or less "unlock" itself after booking is confirmed and I log into MDX with the reservation attached to my account?

From my experience, after the reservation is linked to your account, you should see a menu option of "MagicBands and Cards". From there you should be able to then customize your MagicBands (Color and Name). Make sure that all members of your party do have MDX accounts, and if they do, they are all "friends" with each other. That's one of the first problems that my party had with the accounts.

If the system works correctly, you can use your MagicBands as room keys, park tickets etc. I was also able to use my Annual Pass to enter the room, which kind of surprised me. But since their all connected to my overall MDX account, it makes sense!

• 2 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/01/disney-festival-of-fantasy-parade-floats-arrive-at-magic-kingdom-park/

As the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” moves closer to its debut in March, the team behind the parade recently celebrated a milestone. After months of design, development, and construction, the brand new floats for the parade – including the impressive, 53-foot long Maleficent Dragon – finally arrived at Magic Kingdom Park under cover of darkness. Take a look:

There’s a lot more work to do, of course, but when it’s ready this dazzling new daytime spectacular is going to be a sight to behold!

Edited by jedimaster1227

We're not huge parade people although we don't hate them, either. The best thing about the parade at WDW was that Splash Mountain had no line. They'd let us ride it half a dozen times in a row because everyone else was at the parade. I guess in that respect, I really do love parades!

We're not huge parade people although we don't hate them, either. The best thing about the parade at WDW was that Splash Mountain had no line. They'd let us ride it half a dozen times in a row because everyone else was at the parade. I guess in that respect, I really do love parades!

I've done the same! Furthermore, if timed out just right, cresting the main hill on Splash Mountain with the fireworks in the background is one of those moments that can't be forgotten.

I've done the same! Furthermore, if timed out just right, cresting the main hill on Splash Mountain with the fireworks in the background is one of those moments that can't be forgotten.

I forgot to mention that! It is awesome to come out of the mountain only to have the best view of the fireworks anywhere... at least for a few seconds before you plunge into the dark.

I thought this was pretty neat, today's 'Dream-along with Mickey' firework smoke seemed to mix with the mist and rain creating a really heavy fog, hiding the castle from view at the other end of mainstreet.

It was kind of creepy actually.

IMG_20140131_174759.thumb.jpg.c6f59b617f090d5aaeac96a9e0a3e6f4.jpg

Edited by eddytheviper