TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/disney-parks-ticket-price-update/

We wanted to let Disney Parks Blog readers know that starting tomorrow, June 2, tickets to our Florida and California theme parks will be adjusted with new pricing.

As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory.

You can now find information on the different ticket pricing on our Walt Disney World Resort ticket page and Disneyland Resort page.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/magic-your-way-facts-on-2013-walt-disney-world-resort-prices/

1168137970_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_47_34PM.jpg.6e655106f7582fbcdd8a751993f11176.jpg

435082707_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_47_42PM.jpg.880489154d90358540fc8ca0c30c4ed2.jpg

840790003_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_47_54PM.thumb.jpg.9f95f4cad159e7796307c9521043babb.jpg

1541483147_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_48_04PM.jpg.4f975be5ffde69dde11b1db57b5e5681.jpg

529373296_ScreenShot2013-06-01at12_48_16PM.png.23e58ec35715b5aa13920d8198176a1e.png

Interesting that the one day ticket for the Magic Kingdom is more expensive than the one day ticket to the other 3 parks. Haven't all 4 WDW parks always been the same price? Since I usually have an annual pass, I haven't really looked at 1-day tickets for a long time. Is this something new?

I suppose it makes sense as it is the main park and it gets more visits from people making one day visits to Disney over "holiday makers". Also with the new expansion and the fact that it has so many rides over the other parks I can understand it.

With the Aussie $ being so strong right now for me it still seems cheap (I know for most americans its not though)

Why does it cost less to get an annual pass if you live in Florida? If you lived outside Florida, you wouldn't make it down as often as you would if you lived in the area, so why does Disney charge you more?

Why does it cost less to get an annual pass if you live in Florida? If you lived outside Florida, you wouldn't make it down as often as you would if you lived in the area, so why does Disney charge you more?

They're trying their best to keep the self-entitled California riffraff out of the parks.

I suppose it makes sense as it is the main park and it gets more visits from people making one day visits to Disney over "holiday makers". Also with the new expansion and the fact that it has so many rides over the other parks I can understand it.

That's exactly it. It's the one-day park, so Disney says why not. Epcot is actually the most heavily attended park though, but that is due to AP holders using it for dinner all the time.

As for why Disney has been doing this? Simple. Because they can. Especially in Florida, when people travel 500 miles to get there, spending $200+ on airfare, gas, or whatever, spend a ton of money to stay there, and a ton more money to eat there, what does it matter if the price of the parks go up? It isn't like an additional $50 for your family will make you go, "Well, instead of the trip costing $7,000, it will now cost $7,050, let's stay home." As long as the increases aren't huge, they don't run a huge risk of people not going en masse.

Having said that, I wonder where the price of resistance is. Nearly $100 / day per person does make a vacation like this seem really expensive when you can spend $100 / person per day on a lot of other options. They are getting *close* to the area where I expect to see push back, but their attendance levels lately have been great all season, so until they see it falling, it's just all "found money."

• 3 weeks later...

Quick mini-report (I did this in the other three... first visit for me in years, first for the three year old and wife...)

Overall, great day. My son just was tall enough to do Big Thunder which he was really excited for. It was fun taking him on it - it was my first roller coaster year and years ago. He loved it. He also loved Barnstormer. The New Fantasyland stuff is okay. Mermaid feels pretty short. The Seven Drawves coaster looks interesting. I'm too big to comfortably ride Space Mountain now. My son's favorite ride was Astro Orbiter. Monster's Inc Laugh Floor was surprisingly funny. Couldn't bring myself to do Stitch and see what has become of Alien Encounter. (Also, no time.)

Moment of the day was near the end of the night when everyone in our group was going on Pirates and my son said he didn't want too. The cast members were telling him it wasn't scary, and he said he wasn't scared, he just wanted to go on Splash Mountain instead. He was serious, but was too tired to go on Splash Mountain at the end of the night.

This is still an outstanding park. We got there the moment it opened (early enough to see the little show), and stayed until after closing - more then 15 total hours - and still didn't do Philharmagic (DARN, the one big regret for me of the trip! 3 year old would have loved it!), Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer's Island, Hall of Presidents, Mad Hatter's Teacups, Stitch, and probably a few things I'm forgetting... and it was definitely not a very busy day!

Finally, we waited for the parade. Rain caused them to cancel the regular parade, but they had some sort of rainy day parade that was totally unexpected and I thought just as much if not more fun than the regular parade would have been. Kudos to Disney for coming up with that idea!

Almost forgot - One of the highlights of the trip for me was on a day we weren't going to a park, we got on the bus early to go to where our dinner reservations were via the Magic Kingdom, and on the way there our driver got a call that there was an accident and he would have to take an alternate route. The alternate route was literally straight through the prep area for the Dwarf coaster, which was really interesting to see. Lots of areas where they were prepping theming, a bunch of shipping boxes, and the Vekoma logo was on some stuff too.

It was particularly interesting to see all of the theming being built, as while I have seen a decent number of coasters get constructed, it was my first time seeing theming actively produced. I was surprised to find it was on site.

I didn't snap any pictures, sorry. Decided to take it in instead of try to get blurry pictures.

Immediately following that, we got on a monorail only for it to breakdown. I was nearly as fascinated watching them fix that as I was with the backstage stuff.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/06/a-magical-delivery-project-team-members-receive-key-piece-of-a-new-disney-parks-attraction/

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a photo of a very special delivery they received here the Walt Disney World Resort earlier this week. We’re told it’s a key piece of an attraction that’s coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

Any idea as to what it might be? Submit your guesses in the “Comments” section below. Be sure to check back soon to see if your guess was correct!

If you responded with a “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” answer, you are correct! The very first mine train car was delivered at Walt Disney World this week. The car, which can be seen above, will now be taken to a backstage area where it will receive a themed paint job.

wsd985766LARGE.thumb.jpg.2ffbaaf253a3de7b46d1aabff74cc18b.jpg

wsd285766LARGE.thumb.jpg.df3e8c1606e46fc4593c9bfff07df46e.jpg