TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

I don't know. I think one of the benefits of the "plus" is that it includes that neat gallery CD with the professional (?) photos of the parks and resorts. I don't remember selling even a single one of those gallery CDs when I worked on Main Street last year.

Maybe they're not letting regular PhotoPass guests pre-order anymore, forcing them to carry around one-hundred paper cards everywhere?

Also, I don't remember being able to put on-ride photos on a PhotoPass card either.

Photopass+ adds in character dining photos as well as certain ride photos. Regular Photopass pre-order is still offered at WDW for about $30 less.

The following rides participate in Photopass+:

WDW:

• Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Tower of Terror
  • Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur

(Test Track photos are already available in regular Photopass)

DLR:

• Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tower of Terror
  • California Screamin’
  • Radiator Springs Racer

(Buzz Lightyear photos are already free to email)

Edited by ahecht

^ Dude, your skills with that camera are vastly improving day after day! VERY impressive stuff. You should really just start your own ongoing thread dedicated to your park photography.

Thank you Sadly I don't get up to Orlando as often as I would like and visiting out of state even less frequently so the picture would lack variety and be mostly Orlando pictures sporadically when I do get up there.

^ Dude, your skills with that camera are vastly improving day after day! VERY impressive stuff. You should really just start your own ongoing thread dedicated to your park photography.

Thank you Sadly I don't get up to Orlando as often as I would like and visiting out of state even less frequently so the picture would lack variety and be mostly Orlando pictures sporadically when I do get up there.

But that'd still be great....just update your own thread whenever you get the chance. I just hate to see quality stuff like this get buried in between consistent park updates. Also, is it safe to assume you're a fan of Tom Bricker? Your night work is on par with some of his incredible work.

But that'd still be great....just update your own thread whenever you get the chance. I just hate to see quality stuff like this get buried in between consistent park updates. Also, is it safe to assume you're a fan of Tom Bricker? Your night work is on par with some of his incredible work.

Ok then maybe ill start my own, sounds like a good idea.

Seeing Tom's photos was one of the reasons I got into DSLR photography and really a huge inspiration along with some of the other well know Disney photographers out there.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/interactive-atmosphere-entertainment-adds-to-the-experience-of-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

At Disney Parks, we produce hundreds of different live entertainment experiences for our guests every day, from intimate character greetings to astounding nighttime spectaculars. Some of my favorite entertainment in the parks is what we refer to as “atmosphere.” Rather than big shows for a mass audience, these are the little surprises you come across when you least expect them.

“With the opening of New Fantasyland, we’re excited to introduce several new atmosphere groups that will become part of the storytelling experience you’ll find there,” said Creative Director Reed Jones. “They’re going to bring the neighborhoods of the land to life in really fun ways.”

rmm890753LARGE.jpg.889310081d3c87fee865f83196edc4f2.jpg

The first of these groups, the Royal Majesty Makers, makes its debut next week, when New Fantasyland opens in previews for Magic Kingdom Park guests.

The Royal Majesty Makers engage boys and girls in random acts of “royaldom,” endowing them with the skills to become princes and princesses. These royal consultants, official ambassadors of Cinderella’s court, inspire and delight visiting villagers with magical moments throughout the land.

Led by retired knight Sir Sterling and royal etiquette expert Lady Llewellyn, the Royal Majesty Makers also include squire extraordinaire Tobias and flirtatious lady-in-waiting Bridget. They may be found in the Castle Courtyard, conducting Knight School, delivering invitations to a royal ball, leading royal dances or even playing a game of “Sir Sterling Says.”

As we get closer to the grand opening of New Fantasyland on December 6, we’ll be sharing more details with you about the other performers who will call this land home.

These new atmosphere acts will surely add to the wonderful memories we’ll all be making soon in New Fantasyland!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/get-ready-for-laughter-and-lunacy-with-the-storybook-circus-giggle-gang-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

clo118974LARGE.jpg.d3ffad4d8815f3136768813b7580773b.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, New Fantasyland is proud to present the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang!

clo228974LARGE.thumb.jpg.65b61ce481935cd048a3f4e981c6dec3.jpg

What would a circus be without clowns? At Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom Park, our masters of mirth tickle your funny bone with a whirlwind of wackiness. Just wait until you meet boss clown Chuckles Buffoon McMonkeyshine III and his protégés, Whinny Horselaugh and Snort. Together, they engage in circus shenanigans, from classic calamities to clown calisthenics. They’re sure to have you in stitches!

clo338974LARGE.thumb.jpg.436377873f8aec8b708d89086359badf.jpg

Joining the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang is the Silly Saxtet, parading onto the circus grounds with their own unique twist on circus music standards, and featured clown Wowzer, a specialty performer who takes center ring and keeps his audience enthralled with amazing feats of thrills, chills and hilarity.

clo448974LARGE.jpg.7850db2185f810c431be521adefc4616.jpg

Inspired by everything from Walt Disney’s “Dumbo” to the music of Spike Jones, the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang also has its roots in the classic traditions of The Greatest Show on Earth. Several members of the ensemble are graduates of the famed Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College.

whi113894LARGE.jpg.200d5c691585e16b19a9fb00d032df16.jpg

“I feel like I’m going back to my roots,” said Show Director Mark Renfrow, himself a member of the Clown College Class of ’83. “People are going to be really surprised by the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang. They’re just so approachable and fun. They really bring the whole circus area to life.”

The Storybook Circus Giggle Gang debuts this week, as part of the grand reveal of New Fantasyland!