TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Funny how they copied Universal with those drinks. It doesn't even make all that much sense. Butterbeer is a drink from the books specifically. This is just fake beer for the sake of having a themed drink.

Have you SEEN the movie "Beauty & The Beast???"

947977_1328803794905_full.thumb.jpg.a71eca2a6972bae093f763764f49bea3.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Butterbeer at Universal is an emulation of a drink purely from the books/movies that tried to be true to as possible without alcohol. This drink at Disney is a emulation of a real world drink, that is nothing at all like the real thing. Thats all I meant.

I know beer has a strong presence in film, but i think including a themed drink for kids in collector cups was absolutely because of butter beer. They serve this at Cars Land in clear plastic cups and it doesn't try to be anything.

Why are you twisting what I'm saying and making a bigger deal out of it? All I was saying was that I think they were influenced by Universal in doing this (sharktums agreed), and then tried to make my point a bit clearer in that Universal's reason for the drink, and the drink itself it truer to its 'universe.'

The only reason I knew that Carsland had a version of the drink is because the article mentioned it, and I had to Google it to see what they were talking about.

If I am a 'fanboy' of anything I've mentioned here it would be Harry Potter at universal.

Butterbeer at Universal is an emulation of a drink purely from the books/movies that tried to be true to as possible without alcohol. This drink at Disney is a emulation of a real world drink, that is nothing at all like the real thing. Thats all I meant.

I know beer has a strong presence in film, but i think including a themed drink for kids in collector cups was absolutely because of butter beer. They serve this at Cars Land in clear plastic cups and it doesn't try to be anything.

Does it really matter? It all boils down to the fact that Disney wants to make money, and with this drink they will.

trigger "Mugs>Cones" nel

Why are you twisting what I'm saying and making a bigger deal out of it? All I was saying was that I think they were influenced by Universal in doing this (sharktums agreed), and then tried to make my point a bit clearer in that Universal's reason for the drink, and the drink itself it truer to its 'universe.'

The only reason I knew that Carsland had a version of the drink is because the article mentioned it, and I had to Google it to see what they were talking about.

If I am a 'fanboy' of anything I've mentioned here it would be Harry Potter at universal.

OMFG - do you not speak English as a first language??? Seriously. You made your point (which was pretty weak and stupid, IMO), and both Elissa and I pointed out that the drink you were questioning (seriously it's a fu*king beverage you were bitching about) is DIRECTLY FROM THE MOVIE THAT THE RESTAURANT IS BASED FROM and then you continued your diatribe of stupidity, so we made fun of you!

I'm pretty sure this was all really clear to the rest of us! lol

Edited by robbalvey

I know the probability is next to nil but it would be great if I could see the new Belle M&G when I'm there in two weeks. I'm just curious about all the tricks.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a ways off from doing any sort of soft opening.

Especially if they're doing Play Testing this far out, I wouldn't expect the meet and greet to be open until they can get the whole BatB area ready for soft openings.

I'm more excited for some Be Our Guest soft openings! I'd have to imagine they would want to test out the counter service to table service change over before they open it officially, but maybe they'll use CM's for testing.

Surprised nobody has posted this yet (at least not that I've seen):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/hold-your-horses-on-that-fourth-avatar

The last part is the best part!!

The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on that project as well.

Maybe even cancelled (we can hope)!!!

Wonder if it's too late to make Universal Orlando's Transformers into an Avatar attraction. The franchise would fit that technology great and both coasts would have a unique attraction.

Now let's get on with Beastly Kingdom!!!

I am a Disneyland fanboy totally... I don't even like the MK and think Disneyland is far superior(even though this expansion looks amazing) and even I know this fits in PERFECTLY! Here is the thing... the only thing this drink has to do with beer is that it has white foam on the top... similar to the beer in the movie so it makes PERFECT sense to feature in a bar themed restaurant where in the movie the beer was VERY foamy. Floridians... you guys are in for a treat! I have never been to WWOHP as it opened the Summer after my last trip to Orlando but this drink tastes GREAT! Good to see it showing up other places!

That's a seriously cool meet and greet, although you have to wonder just how much money they spent on this...those animatronics look amazingly realistic...seeing as how Mermaid's price of 100 million were rumored to have mainly gone towards the ride animatronics...I shudder to imagine what the final bill for this attraction might be!

I really do like the concept though. it'll be interesting to see if the new Fantasy Faire area at Disneyland will use a similar concept, or continue the traditional meet and greet style system?

Here is the thing... the only thing this drink has to do with beer is that it has white foam on the top... similar to the beer in the movie so it makes PERFECT sense to feature in a bar themed restaurant where in the movie the beer was VERY foamy. Floridians... you guys are in for a treat! I have never been to WWOHP as it opened the Summer after my last trip to Orlando but this drink tastes GREAT! Good to see it showing up other places!

There I fixed it for you. See how less obnoxious that sounds when you take out the first part. Disneyland fanboys...

The meet and great looks really cool! I'm just sad I have to wait for Adam's report before I can see all the types of trash cans and drinking fountains there are I love how there is a war between the fanboys over who has the best 'drink.' Butterbeer vs. Energon vs. this new drink. They are all pretty good, and they're all totally different. One is orange, one is cream soda, one is apple. The only thing they have in common is that they are all severely overpriced! Although, the fact that Energon comes with a glow fest ice cube does give it a little bump. I really can't wait to see the completion of all of this. Looks like they are doing some incredible things. Thanks for the great report!

They are all pretty good, and they're all totally different. One is orange, one is cream soda, one is apple. The only thing they have in common is that they are all severely overpriced!

I think this sums up the "controversy" pretty well.

Excuse me if I missed this in the previous pages of drink debate, but when this project was first announced I was semi-under the impression that they finally would be serving alcohol in the Magic Kingdom in this restaurant? Is this not the case anymore (maybe it never was to begin with)?