TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Wow! The whole area looks great! I think its a much better touch than the old area. What really sucks was I visited the MK on Sunday where it poured rain all day. I probably would have got to see this had it not been raining. I did get on all rides multiple times though . What exactly is the new "x-pass"?

Thanks for the report Adam. You answered a few questions I had that I couldn't find anywhere else (I.E.- if the interactive queue for Dumbo was opened yet and if they built the xpass queue lines into the rides).

From the photos I've viewed so far; the craftmanship looks to be significantly above Toon Town, but I haven't seen anything that really impresses yet.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for the update... seeing all the pieces start to fall into place is really cool. I'm so excited to see how everything will look when the expansion is complete. Everything looks great so far. I know Fantasyland is sort of geared towards younger kids, but this is making me want to go back to the MK, especially once the Beauty and the Beast stuff is done!

What exactly is the new "x-pass"?

It is the rumored (or should I say, strongly suggested to happen) evolution of the Fastpass system which will complement the existing free system in the form of a paid-to-use or resort exclusive (this hasn't been revealed, so the logistics are still based on speculation) add on to the park experience. This would include the hypothetical ability to reserve your ride time (like a Fastpass) days, weeks or possibly months ahead of your trip. This system would also include show times, parade and firework viewings and dining reservations.

That being said, none of this has been officially confirmed, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Up and Adam (couldn't help the Simpsons' ref), thanks for the update! Already it looks so much different (and better) when i was there last. So are they doing work yet on the Snow White Mine Train coaster yet?

You can see the foundations have risen here for the coaster.

So is the "secret" path to Tomorrowland closed for good? Seems like its blocked off and has all the railings removed.

I assume you are talking about the path pictured on the map, right? It is still open to guests for access between the two lands. They actually rethemed the lamp posts to transition between the two lands, but I figured nobody would be interested in seeing 200 photos of lamp posts, right?

The new entrance for the Barnstormer features three entrance paths, one used for standard queueing, the second for Fastpass and the third is currently unused. Could this be for the future XPass implementation? Barnstormer is rumored to be an attraction included in the service.

Wheelchair Exit path / CM rotation / "backdoor" is what the 3rd path is for, currently ADA is using the future fastpass queue... at least that's what I saw today.

Hmm is looking good. I was at the park last night but really only watched Wishes and Main Street Electrical. I had a headache so I left after that but I'll head out there tomorrow or Friday and see what there may be to see.

Happy Pi day

Those CM uniforms sure are weird.

Otherwise, it's looking great!

I think the uniforms are pretty good--the CMs look like members of a circus band or maybe ringmasters.

• 2 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/marvels-the-avengers-themed-monorail-to-debut-this-spring-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Hi everyone, we have exciting news to share today – our partners at Marvel Studios are bringing Marvel’s “The Avengers” to Walt Disney World Resort this spring!

In Marvel’s “The Avengers,” super heroes team up to pull the world back from the brink of disaster when an unexpected enemy threatens global security.

Similar to the “Tron”-themed wrap, one of our Magic Kingdom Park Monorails is currently undergoing a Marvel’s “The Avengers”-themed changeover to celebrate the May 4 opening of the film, which stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hiddleston, with Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

Here’s a sneak peek, with more details to come.

While I do miss the Tronorail, I can say I like the sound of the Marvelrail!

ave396753LARGE.jpg.377455fb36b27374796616707f4e5235.jpg