TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite band?

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Hardstyle is really heavy (sometimes fast) dance music with a deep bass beat. It's very similar to, if not the same thing as, jumpstyle. I'm not a huge fan, but I'll listen. I'm more of a drum 'n' bass kind of guy.

Some of my favorites:

Alternative- Band of Skulls, Wolf Parade, Born Ruffians, Fields, Arcade Fire, Beck, Liars, Animal Collective, of Montreal, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Mum, Silversun Pickups, Panic At The Disco (new stuff), The Rapture

Dance/Electronic- High Contrast, Danny Byrd, Tiesto, Fatboy Slim, The Postal Service, Benny Benassi, Cut Copy, Justice, Boys Noize, Mux Mool

Hardcore- Attack Attack!, Of Machines, A Skylit Drive, Emarosa, Dance Gavin Dance, Oceana, August Burns Red, The Chariot, I Built The Cross, Underneath The Gun, iwrestledabearonce

Pop/Rap- Danger Radio, Gnarls Barkley, Lecrae, Trip Lee, John Legend, Little Jackie, Maroon 5 (old stuff), Sara Bareilles, Feist

...and that's just some of it. I have many more favorites, but I can't think of them right now.

Dr. Steel (Not a band...but, you know.)

Emilie Autumn(Not a band either)

Mindless Self Indulgence

The Birthday Massacre

Blur

Gorillaz

Muse

Radiohead

Skinny Puppy

Daft Punk

Lacuna Coil

You Love Her Coz She's Dead

Sugarcult

Evanescence

Combichrist

Disturbed

KoRn

Passion Pit

The Fratellis

The Lonely Island

The Dresden Dolls

Hollywood Undead

Crystal Castles

Aqua

10 Years

Pink

Ramones

Escape The Fate

Jack Off Jill

Bloodhound Gang

And I got plenty of more favorite bands, but that's enough. Those are my like, FAVORITE bands, as in the ones I have pretty much all the songs and listen to them often.

• 2 weeks later...

About four months back I discovered a fantastic band that very few people know of... Rhino Bucket. Along with the awesome name, these guys are one of the few bands still pumping out great rock music. Check out their MySpace page (the best songs on there are Beat To Death Like A Dog, Welcome To Hell, and One Night Stand). If you're fan of blues based rock 'n' roll, you won't be dissapointed.

• 2 weeks later...
Top 5:

1. Volbeat

2. Nephew

3. Mew

4. Placebo

5. Muse

Good to see another Mew fan on here! Serena Maneesh and Kent are two other bands I like from northern Europe as well. Because I rock mostly British bands, I've been known to spin a few Placebo and Muse tunes too.

. Rhino Bucket. Along with the awesome name, these guys are one of the few bands still pumping out great rock music. .

How is that an awesome name? It makes no sense...

^ BEN FOLDS!!!! Love him.

Fav. bands

Rise Against

Flogging Molly

• 2 weeks later...

My current favorites in no order

Children of Bodom

Rammstein

DragonForce

Dream Theatre

Metallica

Motley Crue

Guns N' Roses

Emigrate

Led Zeppelin

Iron Maiden

Slayer

TOOL

Lacuna Coil

Muse

Dethklok

The Sword

Avenged Sevenfold

• 3 weeks later...

What do you think is the most important thing for rock music to do? represent the youth? Make a bold statement? Reflect the changing values of society? Or simply make you tap your toes and snap your fingers? What is the thing that you think rock music must accomplish. if any?

external keyword tool ~ keyworddiscovery.com ~ keycompete.com ~ compete.com ~ webmasterworld.com

I like a lot of stuff nobody's ever heard of.

-Bang Camaro

-Serj Tankian

-EndeverafteR

And some stuff everybody knows.

-Boston

-Linkin Park

-Paramore

-The Police

-The White Stripes

Bang Camaro = Man Chorus rock group. Has been in Guitar Hero and both Rock Band games.

Serj Tankian = Lead singer from System Of A Down's solo project

EndeverafteR = Another band that made it into Rock Band 2 (Free in the 20 download pack) and a Christian Metalcore band (Whatever the eff that is...)