Rush.

Others that come close:

Yes.

Genesis.

ELP.

Pink Floyd.

REM.

B-52's.

Wall of Voodoo. (Who else have heard of these guys?)

Aerosmith.

Talking Heads.

The Police.

Foo Fighters.

Death Cab for Cutie.

Foster the People.

Rolling Stones.

Peter Gabriel.

Van Halen.

Adele.

The Killers.

Nazareth.

Molly Hatchet.

Supertramp.

Im only 18.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two all-time favorites are Zac Brown Band and Sublime. Funny thing is I am not at all a California dude or a Good Ole Boy, but I simply can't stop listening to these bands.

Since everyone's listing about 20, here are some of my other current faves:

Brad Paisley- as amazing of a song writer as he is a guitar player

Lynyrd Skynyrd- they are a cliche for a reason

The Rolling Stones- My favorite British band. So catchy and bluesy

The Jimi Henrix Experience- See the Brad Paisley note

Bob Dylan

John Denver

Old Crow Medicine Show

.357 String Band

Weezer- A fan of both old and new Weezer

Counting Crows

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals- amazing throwback. Bluesy, Awesome voice, talented band.

I know lots of people say the music I listen to is poppy, simple, cliche, etc. Maybe I'm just a simple guy, but these bands just inspire me. I've tried listening to indie, hard core, jazz, metal, electro, house, hip/hop, and lots of other styles, but never really kept listening to other stuff. I love threads like this though to see all the unique stuff people listen to, as almost all the music I listen to now a friend recommended to me first.

Just noticed this post...

I'll have to say Thousand Foot Krutch because I'll probably always love them and they just get better and better.

I didn't think anyone else on this site had even heard of TFK. They are one of my favorite Christian bands. If you like them you might also want to try out bands like Skillet, Pillar, and Disciple. All great Christian bands.

You're probably right! Although I think I saw someone else mention them, but it may have been you. I have CDs of all of the above. I haven't heard anything recent from Pillar, but I got soooo sick of Where Do We Go From Here that I can't even hear them anymore.

I felt the same way about Disciple with their 2004 CD and the single "Scars Remain" until I saw them in concert recently and decided to buy Horseshoes and Handgrenades. AMAZING CD. I've been listening to it in my car every day and I love it!! They might just make it to my top 5...

I also bought the Project 86 live CD and I really like them too, but I always forget that I like them. I can't remember if I mentioned Red, but their newest CD Until We Have Faces is amazing too. And I also love Emery, though I frequently forget I like them too. I haven't gotten We Do What We Want yet, but it's on my list.

Since you like TFK, have you been following their youtube channel lately? They've been posting teasers for the CD they're recording. IT. SOUNDS. AWESOME!!! I really think they're going to smash the charts with this one. Truly amazing. Here is one:

Just noticed this post...
I'll have to say Thousand Foot Krutch because I'll probably always love them and they just get better and better.

I didn't think anyone else on this site had even heard of TFK. They are one of my favorite Christian bands. If you like them you might also want to try out bands like Skillet, Pillar, and Disciple. All great Christian bands.

You're probably right! Although I think I saw someone else mention them, but it may have been you. I have CDs of all of the above. I haven't heard anything recent from Pillar, but I got soooo sick of Where Do We Go From Here that I can't even hear them anymore.

I felt the same way about Disciple with their 2004 CD and the single "Scars Remain" until I saw them in concert recently and decided to buy Horseshoes and Handgrenades. AMAZING CD. I've been listening to it in my car every day and I love it!! They might just make it to my top 5...

I also bought the Project 86 live CD and I really like them too, but I always forget that I like them. I can't remember if I mentioned Red, but their newest CD Until We Have Faces is amazing too. And I also love Emery, though I frequently forget I like them too. I haven't gotten We Do What We Want yet, but it's on my list.

Since you like TFK, have you been following their youtube channel lately? They've been posting teasers for the CD they're recording. IT. SOUNDS. AWESOME!!! I really think they're going to smash the charts with this one. Truly amazing. Here is one:

That sounded awesome! You did mention Red, and they rock. My favorite song by them is "Let Go". And If I may ask, why did you get sick of Pillar? I haven't been able to stop listening to them. Christian rock is definately my current favorite genre of music.

That sounded awesome! You did mention Red, and they rock. My favorite song by them is "Let Go". And If I may ask, why did you get sick of Pillar? I haven't been able to stop listening to them. Christian rock is definately my current favorite genre of music.

I think it was because I got that CD the summer that we were between houses and lived with my grandma, and half the time I holed up in my room (which was actually a pantry with a cot thrown in the middle) and listened to that CD until I got sick of it. Then a few years later my dad got into the CD and played it non-stop all the time. And there's something about the sound of that particular that just isn't really my style. I haven't really listened to anything since that CD (which iTunes tells me was made in 2004), so I might like them again if I bought the newest CD.

Christian rock/alternative is my favorite genre too. And it's cool because the artists aren't so famous that they don't have time for their fans. My sister went to this concert where she got a backstage pass with Family Force 5 and she still talks to them on Twitter sometimes, and this year at a Christian alt/rock fest we hung around after TFK played and the band members took turns coming over and chatting with us, signing autographs, and taking pictures.

• 3 months later...

I have a lotta bands I love. My favorite is Sum 41 and my favorite song by them is The Hell Song.

Other bands I like (in ABC order):

(Artist-Favorite Song)

The All-American Rejects-Swing, Swing

Black Eyed Peas-Where is the Love?

Blink-182-What's My Age Again

Bon Jovi-Livin' on a Prayer

Bowling for Soup-1985

Daughtry-Renegade

Eminem-Lose Yourself

Fall Out Boy-Beat It

Green Day-Holiday

Linkin Park-In the End

Nickelback-Gotta Be Somebody

OneRepublic-All the Right Moves

Queen-We Are the Champions

3 Doors Down-It's Not My Time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I absolutely LOVE Wynonna!

I have gotten Dennis (husband) into her as well.

We have met her several times as well:

August 14, 2004 at Wild Adventures in Valdosta.

Wy: "Are you wearing clean socks?"

Me: "I'm wearing my church socks, they're holy."

34258_1359183541792_127165_n.jpg

June 2007, Rising Sun Indiana.

34293_1355106599871_3969947_n.jpg

April 2009 Longwood Florida. She came off the bus for photos.

34293_1355106519869_896061_n.jpg

It is to the point now that she points and says "I know you." at her shows.

Oh, how my musical taste has expanded in the two years since I last posted on this thread. Here's my current list of artists in my album rotation:

Devin Townsend (Band, Project, solo work, everything)

The xx

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Cobra Skulls (Only American Rubicon, though. Everything else has a different vibe that doesn't do it for me.)

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

The Glitch Mob

Gorillaz (particularly Demon Days, one of my favorite albums of all time)

Too hard to just pick one band, so here's a big list of some of my favorite bands.

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

Queen

Aerosmith

Led Zeppelin

Primus

Rolling Stones

The Who

Rob Zombie

Weird Al

Guns 'N' Roses

Rush

AC/DC

Bon Jovi

Van Halen

Elvis Presly

Chuck Berry

Iron Maiden

Journey

Jimi Hendrix

Tom Petty

The Scorpians

The Beach Boys

Andrew W.K

The Clash

Dream Theater

Nirvana

Korn

Owl City

Peter Frampton

Tenacious D

Doobie Brothers

Boston

Edited by XII

Way too many to list (even if you go by the amount of albums).

but if I say: which band will i drop everything and go see live if they are in any area near me?

KISS

(and close behind):

Grace Jones

KMFDM

Berlin

David Bowie

• 2 weeks later...
Whoever can identify this group has to be my new favorite TPR member.

that's a good album, but I LOVE the follow up that came out mid last year ("Panic").

if you like these guys, you would probably also like Abney Park (a favorite of mine I discovered at Dragon*con in Atlanta many years ago).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abney_Park_(band)

they tend to be a little less "swing-y" and a bit more "Industrial/Steampunk". . but the atmosphere is very similar to what CP sounds like. . at least to me ).