TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloweentime at Disneyland

Imagineering never ceases to amaze me!

Actually, you can thank Hong Kong Disneyland.

But I just wanted to give a little credit where it's due because it seems like a lot of people are crediting Disneyland for this makeover, and that's not where it originated.

While I dont know who exactly put together Ghost Galaxy, most of the time stuff like this is developed by the people in Burbank, as they do the major imagineering for all the parks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagineering never ceases to amaze me!

Actually, you can thank Hong Kong Disneyland.

But I just wanted to give a little credit where it's due because it seems like a lot of people are crediting Disneyland for this makeover, and that's not where it originated.

While I dont know who exactly put together Ghost Galaxy, most of the time stuff like this is developed by the people in Burbank.

Right. Thank you. I used to have an office on the Imagineering campus. I'm well aware of what is created there.

I was just saying that I'm not sure a lot of people even knew it existed years before it came to Disneyland.

A lot of people seemed to be implying that it was created for Disneyland, so I just wanted to make sure credit was given where it's due.

--Robb "Disneyland fanboys often like to take ownership of something that was created elsewhere." Alvey

^ Actually Robb, I knew that Ghost Galaxy was first introduced at Hong Kong Disneyland. I was so excited to find out that it was coming to Disneyland in California.

But you see, there aren't a lot of videos or pictures of HKDL's Ghost Galaxy (even HKDL Source didn't have any good pictures of Ghost Galaxy), so I can see why people wouldn't know that this was at HKDL first.

Sorry I made a mistake, meant Glendale not Burbank All those mountainy cities in Socal look the same anyway. I guess it doesnt matter now though.

From Glendale over here. Went to Disneyland on Friday and was shocked at how good the ride was! After the second ride we did the questionnaire, and after being asked what we liked most, I yelled the MUSIC! And there was no option for the music. I don't get it. Take the time to have a guy standing there with a tablet PC and you don't have that option???

Everyone was having so much fun on the ride. This is one of those times where I really was yelling each time the ghost comes to get you. I would prefer they just keep the ride like this forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I finally managed to go to Disneyland and the first ride we wanted to check out was Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. Thankfully, it was only a 30 minute wait.

That ride was so much! It was a very neat overlay for the attraction, although when the ghost was projected onto the walls, you could see a box of light surrounding him...and it shows up before the ghost does. Kind of ruins the effect of him surprising you.

I also managed to check out the ride at night, when they started doing the light shows on Space Mountain. They were cool to look at, but they were extremely loud! I was amazed at how many people were there, just standing in front of the Mountain, waiting to see what happens next.

Overall, it was great that they brought something from HKDL to California and it was fun overlay that I wish will come back next year.

• 2 weeks later...