TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stoksy's RCT2 Coaster Contest

RCT Coaster Park Contest

The Rules:

Minimum Coaster Length for at least ONE of your park's coasters: 4000ft/1220m

Minimum Coaster Excitement for at least ONE of your park's coasters: Very High (7.70)

Minimum Ride Count in Park: 30

Maximum No. of Trains for ALL your park's coasters: 3

Maximum Ride Time for ALL your park's coasters: 5 and a half mins

Park must have at least one 'BIG' coaster (more than 4000ft). You are then to theme the whole park, keeping the coaster(s) as the main attraction(s).

The judges MUST be able to distinguish the theme.

Generic themeing is allowed, but not encouraged, we want to see lots of unique themeing. (IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE A GENERIC THEME, I STRONGLY SUGGEST USING YOUR OWN WORKBENCH.)

Coasters are encouraged to be custom supported.

Progress shots are encouraged.

Hacking is encouraged.

Innovation/Uniqueness of the park: 10 points

Clear Theme: 5 points

Coaster(s) meets all requirements: 20 points

Park has at least 30 attractions: 5 points

Coaster is custom supported (has some custom supports): 10 points

Score /50

Bonus Points:

Coaster is completely custom supported (MINIMAL 'normal' supports): 20 points

Coaster has WELL over 7.70 (very high) excitement rating (at least 8.50): 25 points

Hacking: 10-20 points (depending on the hack e.g. merging a coaster would get you the full 20 points)

Unique Layout: (not a recreation/close to a recreation): 15 points

Score/80

Add both scores together and get a GRAND TOTAL /130

There will be a poll for the rest of the people on TPR to vote on their favourite coaster-park, this will give the winner of the pole an extra 20 points to their total score. (this could give them an abnormal score e.g. 140/130)

Please notify if you will be participating:

-the ghost

-thelegendarymatthew

-ericmichaellucas

-thethrillseeker

-Xizor_Racer

-themeparkman?

-Cyber.Fiber

-Reon

-davethefish

-sixflagsenthuseast

If you wish to be a judge, please notify via pm or post on this topic.

Judges at the moment:

-Myself

-nitrofan

-BelgianGuy

-nin 1/2

-PriestofSyrinx

WINNER: thethrillseeker

DUE DATE: 12:00am January 1st

NOTE: You will need ja227's giga looper to open the workbench.

Stoksy's RCT Coaster Contest.zip

The workbench. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THIS WORKBENCH.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guarantee results will be done in 2 weeks? That seems a bit fast, and I am leaving for Florida in exactly 2 weeks and one day, so I do not want to get involved unless I get some confirmation.

I'll start this, and if it is done in 2 weeks awesome. If not, I will just make a mini park.

The rules about the coasters make no sense...will you please clarify what you want, exactly?

For example, you say that coasters must be over 4000ft long, but you can only have 2 coasters that are over 4000ft long. What???

^You need to construct a park around the coaster(s) that you build. Now, in a theme park there are obviously other coasters that you might like to build. All I'm saying is that, you can build as many coasters as you want, but a maximum of two of them needs to be over 4000ft, e.g. I build a great theme park, and install three coasters, all of these are over 4000ft, now if I look at the rules I will see that I can only have two coasters of more than 4000ft. Therefore, I will either have to demolish one of the coasters or make one of them shorter.

Hopefully this answers your question. If not please notify via pm.

NOTE: I think I just confused myself lol, there will be a rule change in the near future (in other words, right now). Sorry for the inconvience.

DUE DATE: Contest will start on the 1st of September 2009, and finished parks will be due on the 1st of January 2010.

How are you going to enforce this? Also, if the contest is going to start in 1 1/2 months, why didn't you just post this then?

Just a couple thoughts...

^I wanted to get a good list of people who wanted to participate before the actual contest began, and the reason I posted 'the contest will start on the 1st of September' is really to give people an idea of when they need to join by. BTW, the contest might start before that time, I just need a good list of people before the actual contest starts. This also gives me time to find enough people who are willing to be judges.

^I understand that some people might have an unfair advantage, but all in all, I believe that four months is still plenty of time to create a very good park. The download was given mainly as a guide, lots of coasters and plenty of 1/4 tile scenery, the scenery in the workbench was only generic, if people want to get a better score they will have to create their own workbench. I know I haven't said this in the rules, however I believe when the poll goes up, the people who have created their own workbench and have a unique theme will get more votes than the people who have a generic theme.

Thanks for posting these questions Eric, they will hopefully help me to get better at making contests.

• 1 month later...

^It doesn't say anything about that, however, it does say that at least ONE coaster must be at least 4000ft in length. Other than that, your coasters can be as long as you want.

Just reminding everyone that the contest starts in TWO days.

^It doesn't say anything about that, however, it does say that at least ONE coaster must be at least 4000ft in length. Other than that, your coasters can be as long as you want.

Just reminding everyone that the contest starts in TWO days.

Im sorry i have no idea why i said 5,500ft. What I meant to say was for the 5 and a half minutes, is it all of the coaster times added up or just each coaster cant excede 5 and a half minutes?

I've started my park which is so far planned to be Forest/Woodland themed, but as the park grows, things are subject to change.

I've already finished the layout of my feature coaster and am now just working on custom supports which is something I've never really done before so I'm in unchartered territory for my first contest entry.

I really hope this works as planned.

Anyway, I may just have my first progress report with one or two pics up on Friday or Saturday.