TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HELP! I'm lost on posting a photo TR!

Yeah, I'm totally lost on how to post my most recent photo TR.

I know you are to use the "add photo" option, but how would I add multiple photos? And even when I do use it, my picture doesn't show up in the preview AT ALL!

I'm sorry but I'm horribly lost...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When you're making a topic/post, look at the bottom. Click on the "Browse" button and select your picture.

2. Add caption (this can be updated later)

3. Click "Add Photo, Video or Other Attachment"

4. Repeat for each picture and then click "Submit" once you have uploaded all of your pics.

Hope that helps!

I believe the number of picture uploads per post is around 40. Really, there is no need to post 164 pictures from one park...be selective, don't hog up TPR's servers with a bunch of useless pictures.

You can also upload your pictures to sites like photobucket, and copy the direct link in between the img tags

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS!!!!!

If you choose to do this, TPR will not archive your trip report in the Archives sub-forum. Linking to external images usually ends up with a bunch of "Red X's" a year or so down the line.

Nothing is more frustrating for TPR members than to come across a trip report they want to read with all the pictures missing. Uploading and storing them on TPR is the safest way to make sure people will be able read your report in the future.

Ahh i didnt know if TPR had BBcodes for that stuff enabled. Since its only used on Vbulletins(which i dont see why this isnt a vb since you all make enough off these trips, i mean they are only 180 dollars and its a 1 time cost to buy a owned license, just sayin)

Does the "only $180" include the cost of a programmer's time to rewrite all the custom code and special features that's been added to TPR's install of PHPBB?

I believe the number of picture uploads per post is around 40.

It may have been at one time, but based on my long-photo-TR-creating experience, it's currently 99.

Yeah, I know: It's sad that I know that.

Theres actually not a real cost to redo it. the only re-coding you need to do is just the ones they say to do before you install to your webserver. Im in the process of doing it, its pretty simple.

phpbb im not sure. I want to say its compatible with it but im not sure. but really 180 for a owned license(means you can use forever) isnt really that bad. Plus there are some people if you need to re-code it that might do it for free. im jsut saying tho. And the way to get a homepage like this for it, you would need to download vbadvanced CMPS which is free, they offer a better version for 50 dollars but i dont see a reason for it.

Like i said i dont know much about phpbb since ive only worked with vbuletin, but i can find out for you all.

Oh yea and some of the things it hink you all have added are some standard features on vb. and what my friends site uses for his chat, is called flashchat and its really nice. and easier to use than the one here in my opinion. And the adminstraion and moderating abilities are mroe then likely better at vb.

From what im reading on the vb site, they offer a importer called impex which they say is compatible with phpbb 2.0.x for importing to vb 3.7.x which was the previous model so im sure it will work but it might be best to ask them or contact them.

Robb has researched various forum software (vBulletin, PHPBB 3 etc) and I'm sure at some point he will pull the trigger and upgrade. But again, there's a TON of custom stuff that's been added to the site, things like Coastertube that rely on the current version of PHPBB to integrate with the site. There's a whole lot of time and effort he will have to go through to make sure the forum upgrade goes smoothly, and between all the various things both he and Elissa do (organizing and going on trips, events, putting out DVD's, maintaining the site, raising a kid etc etc etc etc etc etc), having the latest forum software isn't a high priority, especially since the site has pretty much *thrived* for almost 5 years now with the current software.

Ahh ok. Well i hope it happens. Things just felt odd coming here from vb forum sites. But i got used to it. But when you do eventually and the coding is finished and you get the kinks worked out your gonna really enjoy it. I just thought it seemed kinda odd that it was a a more main stream forum yet.

Maybe he could hire someone to manage getting the trips set up and everything? just a thought. Hmm he could do the same for getting a person to work on re-coding. And if he can figure out how to get google adsense to work on the vb he could be reimbursed through that until he gets back enough money off it that he paid to the guy to re-code. but i dont really like ads on forums.

And about my photo TR ill try and cut some of the non-essential pics out and post it section by section so i dont make a huge post. Just thought id let you know

About the posting your pictures to TPR instead of Photobucket thing, if you post your trip reports on several sites, can you post it to TPR first using TPR to upload them, and then copy and paste that and post it to other sites so you don't have to upload the pictures to TPR and Photobucket and do two trip reports?

That was probably confusing. Basically, I post my trip reports on a lot of sites, so I want to know if I post them to TPR first using TPR's uploader, can I copy and paste that trip report and use it on other sites? Or would I have to then still upload the pictures to Photobucket, post the trip report on another site, and then copy and paste that to use on other sites?

^^ Mc your a member at Intercot so you know how great vb's are but they use a outdated version and dont have the features enabled that alot of sites do. It was only a thought since vb's are cheap and make things easier and much simpler.

Ok so im about to start posting my photo TR from Saturday, how exactly am i supposed to do it? I've heard to start with your last picture and then work your way to the first and vice versa.

^ I don't post at Intercot (notice the use of proper capitalization) too often. Most everywhere else I go is on phpbb.

As for posting pics. Load them up in the order your want them to be in. When (or if) you do a preview, they'll show up in reverse order, so leave them as is.

After reading some of the recent comments regarding forum software for what its worth (as someone who works as a commercial web developer and web technology consultant) I'd personally recommend an open source php solution any day in comparison to a vb option. A php solution can be migrated to any type of server if need be - try doing that with your vb solution.

I know we have a lot of alternatives available including AJAX solutions and the like but you have to think about consistency of functionality. If it isn't broke why fix it? We also have a wonderful option called the Spellcheck button available - I must be showing my age but I don't do text speak sorry.