TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Correct NoLimits G-Force Colors

Download this config file and unzip it to your NoLimits folder where the actual program file is located. Now, your G-Forces will be set to reflect real-life limits and standards.

Vertical Positive Gs - Yellow - 5.9

Vertical Positive Gs - Red - 6.7

Vertical Negative Gs - Yellow - -1.2

Vertical Negative Gs - Red - -1.6

Lateral Gs - Yellow - 1.6

Lateral Gs - Red - 2.1

Acceleration Gs - Yellow - 4.1

Acceleration Gs - Red - 4.8

Accel G's will mostly come in handy for Flying Coasters. The rest are based on real life rides.

nolimits.rar

Unzip to NoLimits folder

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting this! I sure hope NL2 is equipped with these numbers instead of NL's current settings.

One thing, though...could you upload a version of the file that isn't .rar?

As part of a contest, why not mandate the download of that too? over time people will eventually migrate to it.

Plus, COLORS DONT MEAN ANYTHING! This is just an added buffer for those who are too lazy to actually read the G Forces and still want to go by color.

I personally have tuned the color out. I just see the numbers and this is how everyone should be. Read the numbers, NOT THE COLORS!

As part of a contest, why not mandate the download of that too? over time people will eventually migrate to it.

Plus, COLORS DONT MEAN ANYTHING! This is just an added buffer for those who are too lazy to actually read the G Forces and still want to go by color.

I personally have tuned the color out. I just see the numbers and this is how everyone should be. Read the numbers, NOT THE COLORS!

When my G-forces spike at 1,549.6, I'd want to see red. If it's yellow, I'm not going to dock as many points. Ha.

Naw. The colors just give me a general idea of when to adjust a part of a ride in the building process. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm never uploading a ride here.

I just put this in my folder and rode a ride I've been building. It's really odd seeing what used to be yellow vertical G's stay green. Woo. Now I feel better about that pullout. And also some negative G's that were yellow are red. Hmm. Is -1.8 too much?

DBru: Why am I never uploading a ride here?

I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I'm also too short-tempered to get things right. I can't use tools because I can't take the time to learn how to do them, so I hand build everything. Actually, I take that back. I use the Prefab Purgatorium but only to make a helix or turn. That works out fine, but I can't make anything else with it.

I've tried to use the AHG, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. I want good heartlines, but I have to settle with doing it by hand.

I can make fairly smooth tracks, but there's always one giant bump or pump in the track that I just can't fix.

But what I can do well are supports and realistic braking systems.

It's a shame, really. I've got a lot of rides sitting around "finished" (in the sense that I can't figure out anything else to do to get rid of the pumps and jolts) that look good but aren't that good.

Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't think so. Your rides will get better because I rate them. I certainly can help you out. But I don't think you can help me out.

Yes alex, -1.8 is too much. I think some of the more severe actual G's are on the intamin plug n plays and a couple other random rides and i doubt they pull over that. Plus, if you check the ASTM guidelines, i think they list -2 but only for a fraction. I think -1.8 is extreme enough and wouldd be safe, yet really extreme. Remember, its not always the actual numbers but sometimes the transition that makes it feel more intense than it is.

the only thing this thing cant take into account is duration of G's. So dont make a 5g helix that lasts 3 or 4 seconds. Even a 4g helix at that length is pushing it (ala Titan). Duration is IMO more important that actual force.

I'm too much of a perfectionist, but I'm also too short-tempered to get things right. I can't use tools because I can't take the time to learn how to do them, so I hand build everything. Actually, I take that back. I use the Prefab Purgatorium but only to make a helix or turn. That works out fine, but I can't make anything else with it.

I've tried to use the AHG, but it makes absolutely no sense to me. I want good heartlines, but I have to settle with doing it by hand.

I can make fairly smooth tracks, but there's always one giant bump or pump in the track that I just can't fix.

But what I can do well are supports and realistic braking systems.

It's a shame, really. I've got a lot of rides sitting around "finished" (in the sense that I can't figure out anything else to do to get rid of the pumps and jolts) that look good but aren't that good.

Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't think so. Your rides will get better because I rate them. I certainly can help you out. But I don't think you can help me out.

I have a similar problem myself. I only finish around 5% of the rides I try to build, and I consistently let people down by cancelling or postponing projects because I seem to set the bar too high for myself. Recently, I've set myself much lower targets and it seems to work better for me in the long run.

Anyhow, lets not go off topic; Real did a great job modifying this colour scheme to reflect real life rides better and it will help a lot of people build better-quality rides. Along with loafet's Track shapes, this is one of the most helpful things released to help improve peoples NL building skills.