TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Deep South 2009 Trip!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Those that were not in the lobby that night will NEVER know what they missed! Renee picking just the right time to sing the "snack song" is one of the funniest trip moments ever. And I'm still annoyed I only bought one copy of that Just Busted paper.

Lake Winnie was awesome. I had never been there, so I had no idea what to expect, and it turned out to be a really cool place. Lots of fun flat rides!

dt

I haven't laughed as hard as I laughed that night. We are totaly going to hell, mind you, but it was some funny stuff.

That fly-o-plane was wild, but it almost finished quite a few of us off. I know Eli, myself, Brook and Dan all left it with bruses and strange marks all over our bodies.

Lake Winnie was AWESOME! They even made announcements thanking us for being there throughout the entire park during lunch. Great place.

David

^The fly-o-plane was just evil! I'm glad I got to experience a one-of-a-kind ride, but never again. Lake Winnie as a whole just blew me away! The place was packed with charm and had an awesome collection of rides, including quite possibly one of the most underrated drop towers in the country. Even the dark AC room (Castle ) added to the overall feel of the park. I really did not know what to expect, considering I had never been to an old-fashioned, traditional park (I grew up with the big boys in SoCal). Now I know I have to make more trips to parks like this.

/\ The Small traditional parks are where i always have the best park days

Me and steven about killed each other in the fly'o'plane, we'd get a good roll going and then it would stick upside down on the second

And the cannonball, oh how i love you so, especially the evil pop of airtime going into the brakes

^ Yeah, I loved that the best spot of air occurs when pulling into the brakes.

I didn't do much better on the Fly-o-Plane this time. I kept the plane level until it got up to speed, then I threw myself and the steering wheel to the right, hoping that rolling outward would help. But I only did one roll, slid to the left side of the car, and got stuck sideways. I tried a few times to roll over again, but I just got stuck painfully upside down. Neat ride though. Definitely a challenge.

Also, the new gift shop was really fantastic (coaster parts, models, and Christmas ornaments!). And Castle was better than I remembered.

Ummm...do you read this site? Have you noticed that they are on another trip? And have another one coming up in a couple of weeks? Have you also noticed that it really pisses them off when people complain about updates?

A little friendly advice - go back and modify your post, preferably deleting it all together. There will be updates when/if Robb has the time and inclination, and posts like yours puts a serious damper on both.

Sorry if I'm backseat moderating, but really, it's hard to hold back sometimes!