TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Deep South 2009 Trip!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the Pigeon Forge area!

The Zorb was awesome. It was so crazy and disorienting to roll down a hill like that! All of our "birthing" pictures are hilarious.

Ugh, I forgot about the evil go-kart children at the Nascar park.

And yeah, I think the Zuma credit was a new low for me.

The next stop on the Deep South Trip was Lake Winnie!

Lake Winnie is a very "charming" traditional park and it kind of reminds me of a slightly smaller "Indiana Beach." It has a fair share of classic flat rides (Scrambler, Tilt-A-Whirl, etc) and one amazing "last of it's kind" flat, the Fly-O-Plane.

Cannonball is an awesome little woodie, nothing too intense or rough, but a nice out and back that is always fun to ride.

The boat chute is the ultimate in teenage make out ride! The tunnels even smell like some funky stuff has been going on in there!

Overall, great park and we had a blast! On to the photos...

Oh, look! The name of this park is Lake Winnie...imagine that.

The park treated us like the royalty that we are! Well, at least for 30 minutes!

"We're too sexy for this coaster...too sexy for this coaster...soooo sexy!"

I told them on the bus that if you didn't raise your arms in the air for the photos we were going to serve rats sphincter for lunch! No, just kidding, they are actually having a good time.

"YAY!!!! EVERY ONE LOVES DA CANNONBALL!!!"

Except this girl She has to eat rat's sphincter.

OMG!!! POV!!! IN HIGH DEF!!!!

No really! We shot POV in full HD! Check it out here:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=cannonball_wfvb[/coastertube]

If you have problems playing this video, or want to check it out in even higher resoution, click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqO1rhI5Fo

When the cannon part gets neutered...all that's left is...

Yay! The sun glass twins approved of Cannonball!

Now this here is an evil, evil contraption!

It's ok if Paul dies because Canadians aren't worth as much as Americans.

Dan and Brook, are you SURE you're comfortable with this thing?

What if I told you this tiny little pin was the only thing keeping you from becoming pavement sausage?

The ride starts flat on the ground as shown...

And then OMFG...you can fly and spin until you puke!

Note that you have total control of your plane and the REALLY good people could spin this thing continuously!

"Be sure to make your OH! face on the OH! Zone!"

Que?

Lake Winnie was nice enough to have "coaster parts" on sale for us! The PTC buzz bar plate was pretty cool. And yeah, we cleaned them out!

Martin, did you get your patches?

Our friends at CoasterDynamix made a few sales today!

The #1 reason why Lake Winnie is AWESOME!

That's right...start with the little bikes and soon you'll be just like Arnie in Terminator 2!

The Boat Chute aka "The Fondle Boat!"

If you can get six people in there... GROUP FONDLE!!!!

The cave is dark and long and smells of wet teenagers in love.

"I'm not sure what I'm scared of most! The fact that I'm on this ride with Robb or the gooey substance in my seat!"

By the time you get to this part, you need to be "finished."

"SKLOOOOSH!!!!" says the teenage boy.

"We finished!"

The park has all sorts of awesome flats like the Paratrooper...

...the Scrambler...

...KidTums is in there somewhere!

"I give the Lake Winnie Scrambler one KidTums thumb up!"

They have one of them super round-ups!

There is a slide-of-death.

Of course something for all you credit whores.

And if you are a Hersheypark fan, you might recognize this ride.

The parks star attraction of course is "Da' Banana."

As you can see Da' Banana goes in very smoothly.

Although some people prefer some unnecessary roughness with Da' Banana.

The Adam and Bryan show would like to tell you that this TPR update has been brought to you by the delicious and refreshing beverage that is Coca-Cola.

Everyone on the bus says "THANK YOU LAKE WINNIE!!!!" Next stop...Alabama Adventure!

And don't forget, check out TPR on the news!

http://wdef.com/video/international_rollercoaster_fan_club_rides_the_cannonball_at_lake_winnie/07/2009_0

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/jul/16/cannonball-coaster-attracts-international-visitors/?local

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/jul/16/video-themeparkreviewcom-visits-lake-winnie/

--Robb

Ooh, more publicity! Just a couple funny quotes from one of the articles.

The eight-day coaster tour was organized by the online magazine Theme Park Review and attracted thrillseekers from the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Australia, said Robb Alvey, owner and editor of the Los Angeles-based magazine.
Mr. Alvey has ridden more than 300 roller coasters and said wooden rides such as Cannonball are treats.

Glad you guys are having so much fun. Those HD videos look great Robb!

Wow, this update brings back alot of good memories! Lake Winnie was such a nice little park. I still remember the Boat Chute and how much fun the 4 of us had making farting noises thru the tunnel, haha good times.

I love the video of Cannonball, especially how me and Jay are in the reverse POV. Fun ride. I definitely miss all the fun I had on the Deep South Trip and I'm looking forward to more trips in the future.

Ooh, more publicity! Just a couple funny quotes from one of the articles.
The eight-day coaster tour was organized by the online magazine Theme Park Review and attracted thrillseekers from the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Australia, said Robb Alvey, owner and editor of the Los Angeles-based magazine.
Mr. Alvey has ridden more than 300 roller coasters and said wooden rides such as Cannonball are treats.

I'm not quite sure if you were making fun of the quotes or just re-quoting them.

It's not uncommon for an online publication such as Theme Park Review to be considered an "online magazine." I sometimes call it that myself when I'm speaking to people who have difficulty grasping what TPR is. Since we are not a "blog" and we are not a "database" in a sense we're a little of both, so telling people "it's a collection of articles based on theme parks, much like an online magazine" is an easy way for peopel to easily grasp what the site is.

And I have actually been on more than 300 roller coasters.

Both quotes, while not exactly spot on, are both accurate.

--Robb

Wow, that POV looks awesome! I love Lake Winnie, it's one of my favorite smaller parks in the country. While the Cannonball certainly isn't much by today's wooden coaster standards, it's still a great older woodie that has been maintained extremely well through the years. Thanks for posting that POV!

Robb, your patch reports keep getting better and better, and congrats on hitting the big 300 coaster mark!

Lake Winnie was a real treat and I had wanted to visit there for some time. It didn't disappoint and it was great to do that park with Theme Park Review, which made it 10 million times more fun. I also thought it was GREAT that the media came out to watch us play. They put together some very nice pieces.

Cannon Ball!

-Martin

Hey Robb, I had no idea that Diablo Cody went with you on this TPR trip. That is amazing. I actually saw that picture of her in the plane earlier when she posted it on her twitter!

That is so kickass.