TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So a few weeks ago while admiring Balder and envying everyone on the Scandi trip I had the idea to make a Balder type Intamin Prefab; Something less that 125 feet but packs a serious punch. So what I came up with is like balder but has smaller elements similar to those of T-Express. Overall I just tried to create an Intamin feeling woodie so I hope you enjoy. I'm still going to make a few finishing touches later, like smoothening, supports, etc.... but for now I'm putting it here open for critique.

I'm calling it "Hastighet" because according to Google translator that's "speed" in Swedish, going with the Scandinavia theme. It's around 115 ft tall and 2800ft long. It's record-breaking for the highest banked turn, since there is one overbank at 130 degrees. Other than that it's like all the other four Intamin prefabs, it never lets up a second until the break run and has breathtaking air time.

So here are editor pictures. My screenshot thing is all wonky so I can't get the actual simulator pics, but I've included the track at the bottom.

Hastighet.nltrack

hastighettop.thumb.jpg.abb4b543214064bcbb428ddc860eabc8.jpg

Top view.

hastighetright.jpg.387048dd1c6a9723ebf7d531f2feb542.jpg

Front View. My that's a mess.

hastighetside.jpg.d3e10f36d2e305f31c5fc9cf57dc1173.jpg

Side View

hastighet3.jpg.d5d304e34f56d9d9d989991315fe4db2.jpg

First drop, and that overbank I was talking about. I might have to tone it down a bit, and fix the supports.

hastighet2.jpg.0d9a084a5c22913f81d4960c790b1512.jpg

Twisty turnaround section, including three overlaping air hills.

hastighet1.jpg.07ba6e965af3cb36f1e80971fc584a12.jpg

Overview.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as nice as him^ but I will give this coaster a 7.5. It seems like the airtime hills before the final brakes are too hard to brace yourself for and would cause pain. There were a few(mild) pumps, and there were some insane vertical g's. Overall very fun, but a little too intense, although I loved how it wasn't crazy fast and the pacing was great, so you got ejected throughout, a solid ride.

Ehh... This is kinda hard to comment on.

Good

- nice layout

- plenty of airtime

- Good lats

Not so good

- Some substantial pumping

- Many jerks in the track

- the transitions are very stiff

- on the bunny hills, the train kinda pops into the transitions

- Failed tunnel test

- lastly, wooden coasters (in NL) shouldn't use wheels in the station. Slant the station so that gravity takes the train out.

Overall, this can use a lot of work, but it has great potential.

Finally got home to ride it. Its a great design, and a really fun layout. It does have bumps, and flat spots at the bottom of some of the bunny hills. But its still a good coaster.

The bunny hills are a bit small for the speed that the train takes them at, you may want to take a hill out and make the remaining hill bigger to smooth them out.

Good job. And remember, the more coasters you build, the better you get at making them

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the ride is still rough and has its weak points. But I can also tell where you made changes and what track work you did.

The second download seemed to be smoother and had better transitions overall throughout the ride. But you still need to work on your transitions however. There are a lot of points on the track where the train suddenly changes direction in a rather abrupt manor.

I also noticed that you changed the small bunny hills at the end, good job on that. And your banking seems to fit the speed the train is going, though t does travel too fast I think through the entire ride.

Keep trying though, you will get the hang of it.

The second DL looks better and smoother, getting closer to the way a pre-fab should be. But I agree with the poster above me: some of the turns in the ride look almost painful, and the transitions need work, but I think this could rank among the best of them!