TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2009 Cedar Fair Halloween Events

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those not following the Knott's Twitter, they've posted some great shots of maze construction recently, along with some other random Haunt goodness. Check it out: http://twitpic.com/photos/knottsbrryfarm

The pictures I've been most interested in so far are the pictures of Terror of London. That maze is going to be amazing as long as the talent is as great as the maze itself! We'll find out in 20 days...

• 2 weeks later...

Cedar Point's new haunted houses were very well in my opinion. I went this past Sunday with only the indoor haunts open. Out of the 4, the Toy Factory one was easily one of the most creative haunted houses I've even been in. The rooms were wacky, insane, messed up, and amazing, go through its a must walkthrough. (the last hallway is the best hallway ever). After that Club Blood and the new one by Planet Snoopy were both very good, and finally the U.R Dade School was good. The park was great, the monsters/scarers did a great job and it was a very good time, one of my favorites yet.

Cedar Point's new haunted houses were very well in my opinion. I went this past Sunday with only the indoor haunts open. Out of the 4, the Toy Factory one was easily one of the most creative haunted houses I've even been in. The rooms were wacky, insane, messed up, and amazing, go through its a must walkthrough. (the last hallway is the best hallway ever). After that Club Blood and the new one by Planet Snoopy were both very good, and finally the U.R Dade School was good. The park was great, the monsters/scarers did a great job and it was a very good time, one of my favorites yet.

If you get a chance make sure you check out the outdoor ones too! Visit us in Fear Faire's Torture Chamber....I'll be waiting...

Austin I'm going on the 27th! I'm so excited, Lockdown is going to kick all sorts of butt. Can't wait to check out all of the new stuff, finally Haunt returns!

---Brent

Ahh nice! Too bad you're not going a day earlier, would of been cool to meet you there for a bit. Lockdown looks sick, as do the rest of them! But it's about time Haunt arrived, I've been waiting for this year since last year's Haunt ended!

^^ Regarding the 3D glasses, Knott's sells them for an upcharge, also.

I went to CP Yesterday to hit up the Haunted Houses and since I didn't take pictures there is no reason to review the place else where.

In the order that I liked them:

Happy Jacks - Very creepy and good atmosphere, and Peeing babies...enough said.

Undertaker U. - A lot of good scares and an awesome spinning room.

Eerie Estate - A lot of good fun and some good surprises to boot.

Club Blood - The Body Bag room is good but the rest just doesn't seem to fit the theme very well, except for the Dancer.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed, but it was probably because it was a Sunday and the Crowds were light. Scares seemed to be very generic, minus a few, and mostly shaker cans. I don't blame the scare actors as it is just the nature of the setup that makes the houses this way.

I will come back and give a review of the scare zones when I go Columbus day weekend since that is the only weekend I am not working in the zones.

Just found out for the 3d house at carowinds, in order to experience the 3d you have to purchase the 3d glasses!

Does anyone know if any of the other cedar fair parks is doing this??

At Kings Island, 3d glasses were free for CarnEVIL.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed, but it was probably because it was a Sunday and the Crowds were light. Scares seemed to be very generic, minus a few, and mostly shaker cans. I don't blame the scare actors as it is just the nature of the setup that makes the houses this way.

Remember that Cedar Point tends to use Ride Prides during this time of the year. It drives me crazy how bad some of they are.

This year has been amazing for Halloween events. So far my favorite outdoor attraction has been CornStalkers at CP and my favorite indoor was Urgent Scare at KI.

Remember that Cedar Point tends to use Ride Prides during this time of the year. It drives me crazy how bad some of they are.

This year has been amazing for Halloween events. So far my favorite outdoor attraction has been CornStalkers at CP and my favorite indoor was Urgent Scare at KI.

Ride Prides? Sorry I don't know that term please enlighten me!

And I am surprised Cornstalkers was your favorite but glad to hear it as well because most of the love goes to Fright Zone and Carnevil from what I hear.

^Ride Prides are basically charity workers who work at the park for a day. Instead of getting paid, there charity gets there salary for the day (at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works). They receive small crash course before the park opens and fill in any open positions. There are a few good ones but most have no idea what they are doing.

I haven't been through CornStalkers this year but last year it was amazing. Hopefully it hasn't changed.

Ah I see we have Screamsters and Scream Team, maybe some of the Scream team are ride prides. I know that the scare zones are exclusively Screamsters (not sure about cornstalkers) and that there are a lot of scream teamers in mansions. I did recognize most of the Screamsters in the mansions and they were generally the good scares.