TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^Give it a couple of days to sink in... We don't want the people who don't know what Bluegrass Boardwalk is to think the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom thread disappeared. The thread's title will be changed soon enough.

Don't change the thread title any time soon. They still need to get financing to make this fly.

This is great news! Now they need to find a Chang replacement..Time machine at Freestyle?

I oddly said this exact same thing to myself... I just want that B&M to be saved!! :/

This is such great news that the park will not only reopen, but reopen with such management...the park is going to do well now & hopefully lose its terrible rep it had prior.

That's two good news I've heard all week. My favorite amusement park operating my home park, and the bridge that led fastest to Santa Claus, Indiana, from Louisville was reopened early.

Can. Not. Wait!

Oh, and this:

Free soft drinks at @BluegrassBwalk ... free sunscreen ... free use of inner tubes. #BB2013

3x the win!

This is great news! Now they need to find a Chang replacement..Time machine at Freestyle?

I oddly said this exact same thing to myself... I just want that B&M to be saved!! :/

It would be a great replacement for Chang. I doubt many locals would even notice a difference, and it should come at an attractive price for a barely used B&M coaster. While Chang was/is in an entirely different ballpark quality-wise, I don't think it matters in this instance.

Excellent news about the park. I'll be sure to visit in 2013. KI and HW are about due for something new as well.

SLCs are just a bad design. I'm very curious to see what the Koch's can bring to this place. They are on good terms with TGG, so I see them fixing up Twisted Twins, and getting those operational again. I don't know what to expect in terms of new rides or fixing up old ones.

What coasters are still on property? I know they lost Chang and the Wild Mouse. Do they still have Greezed Lightnin'?

I think it is safe to assume that if Thunder Run and Twisted Twins are to reopen, they will both be receiving touch ups, if not major overhauls... And considering Holiday's World's strong relationship with Gravity Group, I'd imagine they will be two refurbishment projects for the company.

I'm not sure if any of you guys follow them on Twitter, but these two tweets got me pretty excited:

Bluegrass Boardwalk ‏ @BluegrassBwalk

"We will have new attractions in 2013." #BB2013 pic.twitter.com/EeCw2fC9

Bluegrass Boardwalk ‏ @BluegrassBwalk

Free soft drinks at @BluegrassBwalk ... free sunscreen ... free use of inner tubes. #BB2013