TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I could see it fitting in, perfect capacity for the park and a hopefully slim enough fit. Plus I've said many times here how that area could especially use another anchor attraction to draw more guests out to Storm Chaser (even at the expense of waiting in longer lines. Good for business, not so nice for selfish reasons ). It would surely be good for the park to draw more guests out there.

Coaster Kings is saying the area is the old drag strip that's been left sitting in between Thunder Run and the big loop coaster (I'm drawing a blank on the name right now, dang nab it) so it'd be a good spot to fill.

The old Top Eliminator Dragsters strip, and yeah, it's very prime land for literally anything. It's a lil bit of an eyesore, but it's scrimmed-off area people don't pay much attention to.

49577141557_1b66285d28_k.thumb.jpg.7a145eddb845dffc6b26d48759ceb5f9.jpg

From Winter Walkthru tour back in February.

It’ll be interesting to see whether this is a clone or custom layout. I don’t really see how this will add diversity to the park’s current lineup, but it’ll be another great coaster for the park, nonetheless.

^Oh totally! I’ve ridden them both, as well. Great rides! I just find the experience to be quite similar to both Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. I’d love to see a gimmick (read: launch) added, but I haven’t seen any hard evidence of RMC making that available for the Raptors, yet.

Based off the height indicator coordinates given, it looks like a clone of Wonder Woman. This would situate the drop towards the park, giving a better view for non riders which Ed has stated time and time agin that he cares about. For those concerned about how Covid will affect the ride getting built, the park didn't add anything new this year, which will help with he finical burden and I can see them charging ahead with this plan to boost attendance post Covid year.

Here ya go:

https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/today

There's lots of details in there, and highly recommend reading through if you're curious about certain aspects of operations.

A few takeaways from the PDF:

-Discounts for online purchases to incentivize visitors to purchase tickets online instead of at the gate.

-Visitors over 65 are told not to visit (the at-risk age factor as stated by the CDC).

-Temperature screenings required to enter the park.

-Face masks are encouraged for guests to wear, and would be sold in the park.

-No more than 16,858 visitors will be allowed in the park.

-The park will implement stickers in queue lines to visually keep guests socially distanced while waiting for an attraction.

-Attractions: Specific seats and trains will have markings to show what's available. Unavailable ones will be blocked off.

-Water park: Attractions requiring grouping to meet minimum rider requirement will be closed (I'm assuming that's Deluge, Plummet Summit, and Tornado).

-Indoor dining areas are closed, and mobile ordering would be available.

-Workers will be wearing face masks, and can't report to work if they have signs of flu-like symptoms.

EDIT, new link on KK's new procedures: https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/plan-your-visit

Edited by Midgetman82

• 2 weeks later...
^Oh totally! I’ve ridden them both, as well. Great rides! I just find the experience to be quite similar to both Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. I’d love to see a gimmick (read: launch) added, but I haven’t seen any hard evidence of RMC making that available for the Raptors, yet.

RMC didn't do so hot with the last launched coaster opening. Granted, it was the first wooden launch coaster, but still...

Went to the park yesterday, for their opening day. Entry was quick, they took your temp then you proceed to the entry gate. Most people were social distancing, but only about 20% were wearing mask. All employees were wearing masks, and there were Hand Sanitizer stations all over the park and at the exit of every ride. Saw several employees out cleaning all day long, more so then normal. All rides were open, except for the Raging Rapids. The Giant Wheel, 5D Theater and Bumper Cars will remain closed all summer. All the coaster were loading every other row and flats would let families sit next to each other but would put empty seats between groups. Wait times was anywhere from 10-20 minutes for most rides. Everything went well, except for occasional first day break downs. The old part of the water park was open yesterday and the new part will open starting Friday. Deluge will not run this Summer, social distancing wouldn't work on that they say. Going back Sunday to hit the water park.

105510882_10158293304019323_5919384010886505970_o.thumb.jpg.5f1ad42e95cb054a5953459496ff575a.jpg

New mural by Hurricane Bay