TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

Yes that side of the park, along the Giant Wheel, Skycatcher, they can build up to 200 feet. I think they could start the coaster over by Bluebeards bounty, cross the road and lift up to 200 feet by Skycatcher. It could then run behind the waterpark and T3, before returning to the station.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's neither cheap, easy, or practical to dig a 100 foot deep tunnel. Apparently Roller Coaster Tycoon is catching on again.

Herschend was and is a different brand than Six Flags.   There is one certainty. Kentucky Kingdom will not be receiving a launched wooden roller coaster any time soon.

Yeah, I think the only 'concern' is because people see this park going more the way of Celebration City or Wild Adventures than becoming the next SDC or Dollywood.  I think it will stay pretty much th

Posted Images

I wasn't sure how close that edge was to the runway path edge so that'd be awesome, or maybe a first drop going under the road?

That'd be awesome! Does anyone know if the fair board owns the road or is that road property of the park? If it's not property of the park, I'm sure they'd never allow that.

The road is part of the Fair grounds, they would let them build over it I'm sure, they already have the bridge over it connecting the park. Don't think they would let them tunnel under it though.

• 2 weeks later...
And just like that, the beautiful powder coated steel is beginning to make its presence!
Wait so is it metal supports

I have no idea. It's one of the many great mysteries of the universe...

• 2 weeks later...
If it rides anything like the other Gravity Group small woodies, this will undoubtedly be more popular than Thunder Run. The Timberliners give a smooth and airtime filles ride in every seat.

I actually liked Thunder Run too. Thought that it was pretty smooth. Only dead-weight in the park IMO is T3, it went from being a headbanger to a thighcrush with the new restraints. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are both top 20 steel for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Red rails and track is starting to go up. Thanks to Mark Brunner at KK for sharing pictures of construction of Kentucky Flyer.

KF1.thumb.jpg.516570d407cd60264f3d7293fe3e9119.jpg

Red rails are going up

KF2.thumb.jpg.791ebfba4521177cf8a77b7313a80f29.jpg

Track is starting to go down

^Not gonna lie... that white with red looks seeexy.

Also, can more park invest in these family GG woodies? MIA, Dorney? Please? Thanks!