TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I'll throw my coin in the Zamperla Air Race basket. Meanwhile, my mind is trying to think of where they're constructing whatever it is. Haven't been back to the park this month, and there's only two more weekends left.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's neither cheap, easy, or practical to dig a 100 foot deep tunnel. Apparently Roller Coaster Tycoon is catching on again.

Herschend was and is a different brand than Six Flags.   There is one certainty. Kentucky Kingdom will not be receiving a launched wooden roller coaster any time soon.

Yeah, I think the only 'concern' is because people see this park going more the way of Celebration City or Wild Adventures than becoming the next SDC or Dollywood.  I think it will stay pretty much th

Posted Images

While the name and theme does match perfectly with an Air Race, I'm not sure why they would do these little teasers for a simple flat ride. They didn't do this with previous flats they've added, as far as I know. I'm not saying huge new $20 million B&M or anything, but I have a feeling something a little larger than a regular flat ride is coming.

Teasers are really popular right now. Look at how much Kings Island hyped the antique cars. (Which I'm not mad about.) It's good for marketing and generating interest.

Likewise, Six Flags St. Louis teased our Endeavor more than they probably should have.

I previously said a Chance Unicoaster as dream prediction but I could honestly see a S&S free spin. Would fit in a thin space. Say by the eye of the storm area. I cant remember where the height limits are but the area by Storm Chaser is a dead area

I'll bet you guys anything it's this.

Ed Hart has said before that he doesn't like launched coasters because they're expensive to run and have reliability issues. Firehawk is apparently both of those things. Hard to see him making this move.

I don't think you're thinking of the right roller coaster, and that the coaster you're thinking of is not going anywhere anyways since it'll be open for Winterfest this year.

In terms of reliability and expense, you're probably right though. That ride's horribly inefficient (and loud)

I'll bet you guys anything it's this.

Ed Hart has said before that he doesn't like launched coasters because they're expensive to run and have reliability issues. Firehawk is apparently both of those things. Hard to see him making this move.

I don't think you're thinking of the right roller coaster, and that the coaster you're thinking of is not going anywhere anyways since it'll be open for Winterfest this year.

In terms of reliability and expense, you're probably right though. That ride's horribly inefficient (and loud)

My bad. I was referring to the fact that he dislikes launched coasters because they're expensive to run and unreliable. Apparently Firehawk is very unreliable and has likely been expensive to maintain recently. So it would make sense that even though Firehawk isn't a launched coaster, Ed Hart wouldn't want it for those same reasons.

Hmmmmm, this is interesting... I'm thinking Racer, Beast (god forbid - the backlash would be horrendous), or Vortex:

Don Helbig

@DonHelbig

Rumors confirmed. A roller coaster will be removed at Kings Island. #KingsIsland #RestInPiecesKI #ItsBigItsGone #RIP2018KI

#WhatsInTheWind???

Hopefully it's better than what came from the whole #WhatsInTheShed thing.

Considering the timing, I wouldn't be too surprised if the two were related...

I hope you're not hinting at Firehawk coming to KK.

I'm still betting it's going to be something like this...

AirRace6.409.jpg

... or this...

hqdefault.jpg

Kentucky Kingdom announces its sixth Coaster, Kentucky Flyer, a junior woodie from Gravity Group with a 40 inch requirement to ride!

Stats:

• Manufacturer: Gravity Group
  • Rolling Stock: Timberliners
  • Length: 1280 Feet
  • Drop: 52 degrees
  • Top Speed: 35 MPH
  • 54 degree banked turns
  • 12 airtime elements

KKstitch.JPG.937e0e81dfd9249dc9c13496d2d3d310.JPG

My best attempt to stitch together a complete view from the video.

kkf.thumb.PNG.78147ad31e1892debc9ae3aa80c561b8.PNG

Edited by jedimaster1227