TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I'm really not the kinda cat that you wanna get into a pissing contest with

LMFAO

*waits for the next post for Rabbit_in_Red to lie about his karate black belt or how much he can bench press*

This has the potential to be just as entertaining as AIM chat rooms in my early teens!

Seriously, dude. What kind of statement is that to make?

Everyone thinks something's coming. One person on here says otherwise. You understand why there's a disconnect, right?

My home park is SFSTL. Therefor, I don't get my hopes up for anything until it's announced. Buzz and Rumor is just that. It's fine that you're excited, but not all of us like to speculate over something that is only a rumor at this point. What makes it wrong for someone to post their opposing point of view? Are you so self conscious about your personal commitment to the possibility of some incredible park announcement that you have to become incredibly defensive when another poster speculates that there will be no such announcement?

According to the video to which I will provide a link below you can clearly hear a park spokesperson say "18 and 19 will be announced in April or shortly afterwards so as to not get caught up in derby".

I get that, but April and, in my (virtually worthless) opinion, "shortly after" have already passed. Has anything else been teased before or after that statement? (legitimate question)

Gentlemen (and ladies), I can't tell you how impressed I was with this park and I can't wait to go back. Adding a new, preferably smooth, large scale coaster would make this park even better. I would be stoked and I really hope one is announced within the next couple years. However, although I haven't been paying very close attention, I haven't seen anything to hang all of my hopes on. My pessimistic nature is overwhelming, but I sincerely hope I am surprised.

1) I love trolling when people annoy me. In this case, he responded quite rudely when all I'm asking for was clarification.

2) My hopes aren't up...see #3

3) You're literally asking, in other words (bolded), what I've been trying to figure out this whole time before Bill decided to be dismissive about the whole thing.

Well then, I think it's pretty much figured out. There's no new information. There has been no announcement. We don't know when an announcement may come. Maybe the very original statement of an announcement in April or soon after was premature or misguided?

Well then, I think it's pretty much figured out. There's no new information. There has been no announcement. We don't know when an announcement may come. Maybe the very original statement of an announcement in April or soon after was premature or misguided?

Either that, or plans have changed for one reason or another?

I can't imagine they won't have something, relatively major, to announce in regards to Hurricane Bay for 2018 at some point with the closing of Mt. Slide Hai after this season. That's a fairly large chunk of land, and fairly popular draw of the park, to close without having something else newer and up to date in the plans. Again, this comment is less to do with some phantom announcement and now just speculating as to what may be in store for the park.

Next Question: CoasterForce has stated that there's no height restriction in the lot immediately behind the park as it's not in the flight path to the airport. They cited a quote from Ed Hart, but I've never been able to find a record of said quote that's supposedly public. Does anyone know any more details about that or that plot of land?

Again with my home park, I wouldn't be surprised if something was changed or down graded.

So I just watched the video where the spokesperson talked about the announcement. He doesn't even say "soon after" the derby. He just says "after." Is that really the source of where all of the recent speculation and rumor have come from? (again, serious question)

It just seems like... very little....

Of note, I wasn't really paying close attention, but I didn't see any surveying marks, construction equipment, etc. during my visit.

I've not seen any either, but like you, I've never really paid a great deal of attention either. My only comment in regards to Hurricane Bay is that they're replacing a major component to the water park so it's safe to assume they're replacing it with something relatively and equally major for 2018. "Major" in terms of a new slide tower vs. "major" being a new B&M Super Giga Hyper Whatever obviously being two different uses of the word "Major"... relative to the different parks (Water vs. dry).

I don't see how this place gets the least bit of praise. First time here. One train operation on Storm Chaser. Most clueless and unprofessional ride ops I've ever encountered. Just a pretty miserable place overall, even if a few coasters are OK.

Edit: T3 is down all day. Yay.

4ebd7bdef7727e31c13746de69abc551.jpg

Edit: Also Thunder Run one train. About a 30 minute wait so far and line was barely outside of the station.

I don't see how this place gets the least bit of praise. First time here. One train operation on Storm Chaser. Most clueless and unprofessional ride ops I've ever encountered. Just a pretty miserable place overall, even if a few coasters are OK.

Meh, to each his own. SC and LR are amazing, Thunder Run is pretty good, they have some nice flats here and there, and the water park is great. The ride ops aren't quite as good as some other parks, but they're far from the worst out there.

Consider that a blessing haha.

Edit: Also Thunder Run one train. About a 30 minute wait so far and line was barely outside of the station.

I'm not a fan of this either, but it would be a substantial investment to get this ride running two trains.

I did not have one negative experience at KK, but every day is hit or miss at most any park. Actually, be grateful that T3 is closed...

I still wanted to experience it so I could know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lol.thumb.jpg.57c05e894bbfac9950745d5119900b5c.jpg

Fixed that for you.

Y'know, I actually don't mind T3. I get WHY people dislike it, but for me...it's way more tolerable, and almost fun IMO, with the new trains and restraint system. It's by far not the best by any means, but I don't mind it nearly as much as others seem to.

In all seriousness, Brit liked it too. I don't get why, but plenty of people do seem to enjoy it.

I realize I'm a few days and few pages behind on this thread, but I just want to give props to Zach for continuing with the "pointing at things" running gag in his trip reports. Please, never take photos without you pointing at something.

Especially that fence gap.

I realize I'm a few days and few pages behind on this thread, but I just want to give props to Zach for continuing with the "pointing at things" running gag in his trip reports. Please, never take photos without you pointing at something.

Especially that fence gap.

Haha. Thanks Chris. One of these days I may get un lazy and post my TR'S from last summer and fall. I have 3 with a ton of pointing pictures. It's my tourist pose. Some of them are uncomfortably close to strangers. Emily doesn't find it as entertaining as I do.

Spoiler alert: if you haven't done Angry Birds: The Ride and are curious as to why it's labeled a "5D" attraction, the 5th dimension is apparently wind. 20170607_133858.thumb.jpg.2efc9ee8ee924c2211c83160e6ff9581.jpg8dab54af2554e64487bc9fe50fc1f272.jpg

Spoiler alert: if you haven't done Angry Birds: The Ride and are curious as to why it's labeled a "5D" attraction, the 5th dimension is apparently wind. [attachment=0]20170607_133858.jpg[/attachment]8dab54af2554e64487bc9fe50fc1f272.jpg

I hate all those damn rides...motion simulator rides, eh...I'm all set. They don't do anything for me.

I'm one of the crazies that can enjoy a ride on T3 as well. I think my body shape and size allows for that, tho. Certain body shapes may have less of an enjoyable time than others.

The only good part for me about the Angry Birds "ride" was that I got to sit inside an air conditioned building for a few minutes.

That's the biggest pull for it I think. 12 minutes of air conditioning on a hot summer day.

^I am not going to lie, I looked over that quoted post about a dozen times before figuring out what you actually fixed. Clever man, you are.

I'm guilty of this too, holy cow. Was about to dissect his post before it finally hit me.

^I am not going to lie, I looked over that quoted post about a dozen times before figuring out what you actually fixed. Clever man, you are.

I'm guilty of this too, holy cow. Was about to dissect his post before it finally hit me.

Glad I wasn't the only one

I went to the park yesterday for the first time, and WOW! I loved it! Lightning Run and Storm Chaser were so violent and threw me around, they were both amazing! Thunder Run was really good! Not very rough and had some great lateral forces and airtime! T3 was great! I had a little thigh pain but nothing too bad. I loved it! Such an under rated coaster! Although it was hard to get a ride on it, it was closed almost all day. I was actually about to leave the park and I saw it finally running and I ran to the back of the park to get a couple rides in. Roller Skater is a nice little family coaster. The thrilling flat rides are great! Eye of the Storm and Cyclos were fun but kind of nauseating to me. I actually cried out in fear on Fear Fall. I didn't know when we were going to drop and when we did it was so powerful! Sky Catcher gave some great views and it seemed to go faster than most vertical swings. They had a great selection of family flat rides! Although I was sad because Breakdance was closed all day and I love Huss Breakdances. I especially loved the flyers though even though they were running on the low speed. The two water rides were so much fun! I got more wet on Raging River Rapids than I have ever on any other rapids ride. And Mile High Falls got me absolutely soaked! The scenery was great! The Sea Lion Splash show was so cute and fun to watch. I had lunch at the BBQ place by Lightning Run and it was delicious! I loved the tater kegs! I loved all the different flowers, trees, and bushes throughout the park. I only wish they would put a couple more flats back by Storm Chaser and Thunder Run. I wish they would maybe put a Tilt-A-Whirl where the Zeppelins used to be and maybe either a Chance Wipeout or a Zamperla Water Mania on that round pad by Storm Chaser where some of those bee rides used to be. Overall, I would give this park a 12/10. It is such a wonderful park and you can tell that they take really good care of it.

I went to the park yesterday for the first time, and WOW! I loved it! Lightning Run and Storm Chaser were so violent and threw me around, they were both amazing! Thunder Run was really good! Not very rough and had some great lateral forces and airtime! T3 was great! I had a little thigh pain but nothing too bad. I loved it! Such an under rated coaster! Although it was hard to get a ride on it, it was closed almost all day. I was actually about to leave the park and I saw it finally running and I ran to the back of the park to get a couple rides in. Roller Skater is a nice little family coaster. The thrilling flat rides are great! Eye of the Storm and Cyclos were fun but kind of nauseating to me. I actually cried out in fear on Fear Fall. I didn't know when we were going to drop and when we did it was so powerful! Sky Catcher gave some great views and it seemed to go faster than most vertical swings. They had a great selection of family flat rides! Although I was sad because Breakdance was closed all day and I love Huss Breakdances. I especially loved the flyers though even though they were running on the low speed. The two water rides were so much fun! I got more wet on Raging River Rapids than I have ever on any other rapids ride. And Mile High Falls got me absolutely soaked! The scenery was great! The Sea Lion Splash show was so cute and fun to watch. I had lunch at the BBQ place by Lightning Run and it was delicious! I loved the tater kegs! I loved all the different flowers, trees, and bushes throughout the park. I only wish they would put a couple more flats back by Storm Chaser and Thunder Run. I wish they would maybe put a Tilt-A-Whirl where the Zeppelins used to be and maybe either a Chance Wipeout or a Zamperla Water Mania on that round pad by Storm Chaser where some of those bee rides used to be. Overall, I would give this park a 12/10. It is such a wonderful park and you can tell that they take really good care of it.

12/10? Found the CEO of Kentucky Kingdom.

12/10? Found the CEO of Kentucky Kingdom.

Lol. I just really loved the park. I have not been to a park that I haven't liked yet. But there was nothing I disliked about Kentucky Kingdom except that operations were a tad bit slow (but the employees were nice at least) and there wasn't much shade around Eye of the Storm and Storm Chaser. But still, what a WONDERFUL park. But I did see Ed Hart walking through the park with another employee. I wanted to get a picture but I thought that would be really weird.