TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I wonder if it has a rattle?

Doubtful. These 360 loop coasters are some of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. It's great to see Larson breaking in to the coaster market. If these innovative rides are any indication of what they can do then I fully expect them to become a household name in the coaster market, right up there with Intamin, B&M and RMC.

I wonder if it has a rattle?

Doubtful. These 360 loop coasters are some of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. It's great to see Larson breaking in to the coaster market. If these innovative rides are any indication of what they can do then I fully expect them to become a household name in the coaster market, right up there with Intamin, B&M and RMC.

This is golden! Please make this your replacement for razzing people about Mean Streak!

Aside from the Larson loop, to make sure im not going crazy, did anyone else hear from NoCoasterCon that KK was announcing their 2018/2019 plans THIS SPRING!? If they are (which it was reported by the park at NoCoasterCon), I think we could see a new coaster and a poo-poo ton more.

Or they could pull a universal and announce a motel

I hope so!

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

I like how Eye of the Storm is in the ground. Six Flags installed only of few of theirs in the ground and those look a lot better. El Diablo and Fireball at SFSTL look tacky sitting above ground with a wooden loading deck.

I wonder why they didn't remove or fill in the Dragster strip? My bet is they are going to reuse the shed for storage, but i wish it would goo too. I really hope they use as much as they can of the remaining strip because their is still a ton of space. Just having one or two flats on such prime land would be wasteful IMO.

If they're announcing in the spring, it means they're building something that's going to take more than just an off season to build, and is big enough that they can't really hide it from the public while it's being constructed. That's not just indicative of a new coaster, but a new sizable coaster of some form.

Speculation on multiple coaster sites/Youtube channels of RMC T-Rex or B&M Hyper. KK has been known to be looking into getting a new coaster. KK will have a pretty nice run of coasters 2014 Hyper GTX, 2016 Storm Chaser, plus a new one in 2018/19

The second year announcement has gathered various speculations.

1)Massive water park expansion, though they did one in 2014.

2)Zamperla flat ride showcase with Zamperla Endeavor, Hawk, etc. KK has a bunch of Zamperla rides in their kids area so they have a good relationship.

3)Huss ride showcase deal with a 2nd gen Enterprise to replace the older one they have, along with new Huss rides...Huss is yet to install a 2nd gen Enterprise though it looks cool with the multi positions programming capability.

4) Getting one of the new rides from IAAPA 2016 and the manufacturer wants hype of their new ride so gave KK a deal to on the price .ie,,, Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster with a discounted price that would allow back to back coaster years financially possible

Aside from what could be coming, I would like to say this. Myself and many other people i have talked to are fascianted with the comeback the park has done since the abondonment of six flags. I recently came across some remarkable photos of the park two years after SF abandoned the park and it inspired me to make this video. It shows the pictures i found and shows what the park looks like now and what all has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5aKChf2psY

As for whats coming? I hope its a B&M Hyper, or something by B&M, i wouldn't be mad or sad if its a coaster by anyone else because well....a coaster is a coaster in my eyes.

Edited by drummermattk

Does this park make a killing from their water park? Based on the attendance I remember reading and the reasonable prices, I just don't understand how they can do everything they've done up to this point and be planning such a large addition for 2018/2019 (if that's really what it is).

Either way, I'm excited to see what they've got planned and I'm also excited for my first visit to this park in June!

^ It is not really jumping to conclusions. There is video evidence that either 2018 or 2019 will include a roller coaster based on the Kentucky Kingdom no coaster con presentation. There is also a video of Ed Hart himself saying (after Storm Chaser had already opened might I add) that they were "looking at another coaster with Rocky Mountain".

It's not really jumping to conclusion, it's connecting obvious dots that were laid out in an obvious manner by Ed Hart himself. I'm not going to be butt hurt if it's NOT a new coaster, but Ed's all but drawn out in crayon that there'll be a new coaster in 2018 or 2019. If they're announcing their plans so early, this seems indicative of just such an announcement as a new major attraction such as a coaster would be difficult to hide from the public and thus you'd want to announce it and build anticipation early.

I guess there's buttheads on every message board though, who like feeling cool for whatever reason instead of being a contributing part of the conversation...