TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I can't imagine any manufacturer turning down a bid because their model is 7-9 ft too high. If Intamin or S&S want to, I'm certain they could get their products down to 100ft.

Exactly, or even like I said above, the ground can be altered to make things work.

I thought about it, but I figured it would look a little weird. However, the idea just came to my head that they could bury the station, ala Air at Alton Towers (I'm not calling it Galatica because f*ck VR).

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's neither cheap, easy, or practical to dig a 100 foot deep tunnel. Apparently Roller Coaster Tycoon is catching on again.

Herschend was and is a different brand than Six Flags.   There is one certainty. Kentucky Kingdom will not be receiving a launched wooden roller coaster any time soon.

Yeah, I think the only 'concern' is because people see this park going more the way of Celebration City or Wild Adventures than becoming the next SDC or Dollywood.  I think it will stay pretty much th

Posted Images

I can't imagine any manufacturer turning down a bid because their model is 7-9 ft too high. If Intamin or S&S want to, I'm certain they could get their products down to 100ft.

Exactly, or even like I said above, the ground can be altered to make things work.

I thought about it, but I figured it would look a little weird. However, the idea just came to my head that they could bury the station, ala Air at Alton Towers (I'm not calling it Galatica because f*ck VR).

Kirnu in Finland's station is also underground, and it's actually a zacspin

That's probably what's going where the dragsters were, and that's kinda disappointing.

Even if it was going there, there is still plenty of space for other things in that area. What this park has done in these past few years is pretty great. Two new coasters, refurb of one (even though I wish T3 would just be taken down), plenty of flats, and a pretty decent water park. Yea a Larson Loop isn't the best of rides, but I think it's a good thrilling addition for this park. I already have my season pass for next year. It's so cheap and I got it early enough for free drinks, I'm basically robbing them of money at this point. Glad to see this park growing!

Kentucky Kingdom, just commented on FB, that there will be 2 New Trains for Thunder Run.

Scratch that, was a mistake

Edited by ratdogg68

There's still rumors of yet ANOTHER new coaster coming in either '18 or '19. Ed Hart's personally mentioned talking with RMC about one when Storm Chaser opened, and he's mentioned in the past wanting a B&M...so I suspect something using the T-Rex track could still be on the horizon.

The loop is a great addition for this small park. Its good to see them putting more and more money into the park.

I do think its funny that a carnival ride that has been around since the 70's (Super Loop) is finally taking over the amusement park world... whats next a takeover of the tilt a whirl, round up, scrambler, octopus as the "new" ride of the moment? lol

The problem with this addition is that a super loop has been coming to the park with the Kentucky State Fair for at least the past 20 years. I wish they had gone with something else, but ah well.

I love the name for the Super Loop. I know enthusiasts are over these rides since they are so common now, but they really are fun rides and crowd pleasers.

I'm mostly excited for the new trains and work on Thunder Run. Also, the general improvements to assist park capacity management sound great! It seems boring, but that will really help improve the park. That is something I wish a few Six Flags parks would announce.

Kentucky Kingdom, just commented on FB, that there will be 2 New Trains for Thunder Run.

they fixed it its only 1 train.

The problem with this addition is that a super loop has been coming to the park with the Kentucky State Fair for at least the past 20 years. I wish they had gone with something else, but ah well.

do you know if the Larson loop that came to the KSF was the 73 feet(22 m) version or the 59 ft. (18 m) version?

Edited by lbeeler

I agree, while the first train is in the back half turn around heading toward the structure they could be loading and sending a 2nd train up the hill and there would be plenty of distance between them.

I think the additional costs of reworking the electrical components (all new sensors, brakes, etc) might outweigh the benefit of an additional 200 or so riders/hour, but I'd be interested to see some sort of analysis on that for sure.

With its advanced technology, the new train, together with the track improvements, will give coaster enthusiasts a smoother and faster ride."

So the GP will have a rough ride?

A Larson Loop isn't exciting to me, but all of the park improvements sound great. My boyfriend just moved to Louisville, so I definitely plan to get a season pass and ride the sh*t out of Storm Chaser this summer. I thought the park was great when I visited it this year, so I'm glad they're continuing to improve it even more!

With Storm Chaser and Lightning Run as well as several amazing flats, there is still plenty to bring me back to the park even without a Zacspin or second RMC.

I think the additional costs of reworking the electrical components (all new sensors, brakes, etc) might outweigh the benefit of an additional 200 or so riders/hour, but I'd be interested to see some sort of analysis on that for sure.

Also that with no transfer track, any work on the train had to be done in the station with the ride closed down. Maybe it will save time and money in the long term. It's also really nice to see them investing money in keeping the rides in the best possible working order, something the old kingdom definitely did not do.