TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed that there is something going on behind the Rapids River Ride which can be seen from certain parts of Phillips Lane.

I've noticed that too. The main bit of work I've see is where the old Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be. I can't wait to see what they add! My guess is that spot looks perfect for a Zamperla 'Disk’O Coaster'. About the right size and shape of land. They could count it as a coaster (ugh) which bumps their coaster count.

I've noticed that there is something going on behind the Rapids River Ride which can be seen from certain parts of Phillips Lane.

I've noticed that too. The main bit of work I've see is where the old Top Eliminator Dragsters used to be. I can't wait to see what they add! My guess is that spot looks perfect for a Zamperla 'Disk’O Coaster'. About the right size and shape of land. They could count it as a coaster (ugh) which bumps their coaster count.

Interesting thought. Those Disko coasters are fun. Kings Island has one, and Holiday World doesn't, which is honestly an advantage in KK's favour. They're never going to be as big as KI, so they're going to stay focused on HW, and gaining an edge on them in the thrill ride category can help keep some Louisvillians in town.

Interesting thought. Those Disko coasters are fun. Kings Island has one, and Holiday World doesn't, which is honestly an advantage in KK's favour. They're never going to be as big as KI, so they're going to stay focused on HW, and gaining an edge on them in the thrill ride category can help keep some Louisvillians in town.

I know I am going to get backlash for this but me and my wife much much prefer KK over HW. A disco would make there already better flat ride selection even better!

They're never going to be as big as KI.

Never say never.

SFSTL vs Holiday World. Rewind 15 years. Then, envision 15 years into the future.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just something to think about.

I know I am going to get backlash for this but me and my wife much much prefer KK over HW. A disco would make there already better flat ride selection even better!

How dare you have a different opinion? Preposterous!

In all honesty, I like HW better, but I like both of them a lot. Last year I went to HW but not KK. This year I did the opposite, and next year I'm going to try to go them both. I think you can't go wrong, whichever one you choose.

They're never going to be as big as KI.

Never say never.

SFSTL vs Holiday World. Rewind 15 years. Then, envision 15 years into the future.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just something to think about.

That's a fair point. They are growing quite fast and acting like they absolutely want to compete with HW and KI. Lightning Run and Storm Chaser are absolutely players. Add to that a killer waterpark, a well themed rapids ride, and a bunch of good flats, and it's hard to argue against them.

• 2 weeks later...
Their biggest problem though is that they have very minimal room to expand and height restrictions as compared to KI and HW who both have tons of room to expand.

There is always room to expand. As it has been mentioned several times on these forums, Grona Lund is a prime example. Look it up and you will see what everyone is talking about.

GRONA LUND!! The answer to literally every "this park does not have enough room" comment ever.

If they want room, they can find it. This is one of few examples where running a park in real life is actually kind of like RCT: if you want room for something new, you can make it work.

GRONA LUND!! The answer to literally every "this park does not have enough room" comment ever.

If they want room, they can find it. This is one of few examples where running a park in real life is actually kind of like RCT: if you want room for something new, you can make it work.

Grona Lund doesn't have the height restrictions that Kentucky Kingdom has to deal with, though.

That still doesn't make any difference. The point is there ample room to expand. A ride doesn't have to be tall to be epic.

Grona Lund doesn't have the height restrictions that Kentucky Kingdom has to deal with, though.

That still doesn't make any difference. The point is there ample room to expand. A ride doesn't have to be tall to be epic.

No, not necessarily. You're right. That being said, the two still aren't similar because of that major difference. Sure both are landlocked, but Kentucky Kingdom still has restraints to what they can and cannot do that Grona Lund doesn't have to contend with. That was my point.

Another point I thought about is that Holiday World has a slightly different clientele... one they have built up for years and years. They have earned (with years of excellent service) a very loyal guest base. Even some people here in Chicago know about Holiday World and how awesome they are.