TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

Park got a great attendance increase this year:

http://www.wtvq.com/2016/09/28/attendance-increasing-kentucky-kingdom/

Attendance increasing at Kentucky Kingdom

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Officials at Kentucky Kingdom say attendance at the amusement park keeps increasing.

Operators of the park in Louisville say an estimated 800,000 people visited during the 2016 season, beating last year’s attendance by more than 200,000. Officials credit much of the increase to out-of-state visitors and park upgrades that included the addition of a fifth roller coaster.

Kentucky Kingdom CEO Ed Hart told The Courier-Journal (http://cjky.it/2cT61Kc) that Kentucky Kingdom is established now as a regional attraction and he hopes to reach 1 million visitors as early as next year.

The park just finished its third season under the leadership of Hart and his partners.

The previous operator, Six Flags, filed for bankruptcy and closed the facility in 2009.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's neither cheap, easy, or practical to dig a 100 foot deep tunnel. Apparently Roller Coaster Tycoon is catching on again.

Herschend was and is a different brand than Six Flags.   There is one certainty. Kentucky Kingdom will not be receiving a launched wooden roller coaster any time soon.

Yeah, I think the only 'concern' is because people see this park going more the way of Celebration City or Wild Adventures than becoming the next SDC or Dollywood.  I think it will stay pretty much th

Posted Images

Aren't their tickets like $45 and season passes even more? 200,000 people is like a $9M increase in revenue. Plus all those people spent more money in the park!

I wonder how much the Storm Chaser renovation cost...but it certainly seems worth it to continue to build this park!

Out of state attendance was up because they offered two day tickets for $30 plus free soft drinks. I took my family for that reason. (Not the soft drinks). I love parks that do buy one day get second day free or preview night before tickets. My two year old got her first credit on Roller Skater.

Hart was very aggressive in the 90's to get people from out of state to go to the park. In 1997, we got free tickets because we were Ohio residents.

That was about the time they had the largest rides going in as Chang opened that year. I know he wants a new B&M to get more out of state people, hopefully, this will be closer to his goal.

As for Storm Chasers cost, I don't know the exact amount, but I would think maybe around the $10 million mark. Does that sound right?

Aren't their tickets like $45 and season passes even more? 200,000 people is like a $9M increase in revenue. Plus all those people spent more money in the park!

Unfortunately, that is not how it works. It is unlikely that every additional rotation of the turnstiles was the result of a single ticket purchased at $45. Season pass holders making return visits likely accounted for the vast majority of the attendance increase.

Glad to see this park doing so well. I'm thinking about making my first trip to the park next year after the awesome additions they've made over the last few seasons.

inside source saying another coaster is coming! no further details.

As much as I want to believe you, I'm sure you know that saying you have "inside sources" doesn't really go over well here.

trust me my inside source always comes through!

As much as I want to believe you, I'm sure you know that saying you have "inside sources" doesn't really go over well here.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Considering that the original statement is in no way falsifiable, I'm calling BS. Another coaster is coming...yeah, probably, at some indeterminate point in the future, one will be built there. This is a meaningless statement.

Kanonen 2018 transplant CONFIRMED!!!

I know this is a joke, but god would I love to have this here. An Intamin an hour away? Yes please. It would fit nicely with their low height restrictions.

Glad to see this park doing so well. I'm thinking about making my first trip to the park next year after the awesome additions they've made over the last few seasons.

Agreed, with LR and SC, this is a park that I definitely need to check out. My wife's sister just moved to Louisville, so I will hopefully be paying KK a visit next year!