TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I think most people that go to the park would consider Breakdance a scrambler, thus not necessitating the need for another. Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

^ Except they wouldn't because they're wildly different ride experiences. Put them side by side and nobody would say they're similar at all. Stop trying to be right and just accept it.

Obviously, you guys care way more about this poo-poo than I do.
Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

I mean, so far you've made 8 posts to this website, and 6 of them argue "Breakdancers are essentially Scramblers."

Welcome to the forums?

-Midgetman "but really, can we not argue about this...?" 82

I think most people that go to the park would consider Breakdance a scrambler, thus not necessitating the need for another. Now, whether that fits some technical definition of message board posters who're more passionate about such things than the average bear...I don't know.

Simply put, I can ride a Scrambler, but stay away from a Breakdance since it'd likely make me sick. I think a Breakdance's ride would be more like Spider/Monster than a Scrambler.

I can confirm whole-hardheartedly a Breakdance is vastly different from a scrambler. The key differences, as one pointed out earlier, are the motions experienced due to how the cars are attached. Breakdance rides also can have much more variety in ride programs, some of the weakest of which are on par with a Scrambler, so I can somewhat forgive people for mistaking one for a scrambler.

Unfortunately, that can be quite a mistake, as my mother roughly ten years ago took a ride with me on the Breakdance, becoming extremely nauseated when the ride went in reverse/backwards and ended up with a horrible case of vertigo the day after. Thankfully she came out of it relatively A-OK, but it makes it more difficult for her to tag along to parks when she can't end up riding a majority of the rides.

I once went to a park that had a scrambler and a break dance side by side. I rode the scrambler first and found it incredibly pleasurable. I rode the break dance and it snapped my shoulder out of place. I also started bleeding from the ears and it gave me ADHD along with a slight amount of blood in my urine. Someone who says both rides are similar might as well be hanged.

I once went to a park that had a scrambler and a break dance side by side. I rode the scrambler first and found it incredibly pleasurable. I rode the break dance and it snapped my shoulder out of place. I also started bleeding from the ears and it gave me ADHD along with a slight amount of blood in my urine. Someone who says both rides are similar might as well be hanged.

Where I'm from, people pay extra for that kinda treatment.

Was at the park today

My list goes:

5. Terrible to the third power. (The name explains it all, won't ride it again, worse than other SLCs)

4. Roller Skater. (The best kids coaster I've been on, better than Mean Streak)

3. Thunder Run. (A fun woodie, but not very re-ridable)

2. Storm Chaser. (A great coaster, through the corked roll is phenomenal, the rest just fun)

1. Lightning Run. (Airtime+laterals)

SC and LR are both great. SC has a big elements that are a ton of fun. Lightning Run comes at you with everything, and is very quick with a bunch of small hills that send you flying.

Was at the park today

My list goes:

5. Terrible to the third power. (The name explains it all, won't ride it again, worse than other SLCs)

2. Storm Chaser. (A great coaster, through the corked roll is phenomenal, the rest just fun)

SC and LR are both great. SC has a big elements that are a ton of fun. Lightning Run comes at you with everything, and is very quick with a bunch of small hills that send you flying.

I'll be at KK on Wednesday. What order would you say is best for getting on all 5 coasters, plus Deluge and Deep Water Dive?

Was at the park today

My list goes:

I'll be at KK on Wednesday. What order would you say is best for getting on all 5 coasters, plus Deluge and Deep Water Dive?

Would definitely recommend hitting LR first, followed by TR and then the waterpark attractions. However, pending that two trains are running, Storm Chaser should probably be the last thing you ride due to a complete lack of crowds. T3 and Roller Skater's lines don't seem to change much though, and this is coming from someone who visits the park quite frequently, so you could basically ride those two whenever you want.

I was at the park yesterday (my first visit) and was able to get multiple rides on Storm Chaser with only a train or two wait, despite the park has a whole being packed (at least it seemed that way to me). I was shocked at how empty that area of the park was. I guess many don't know it's there or how to get to it. It was very odd. I was expecting it to have a 45-minute wait at the minimum.

If you plan to stay until the park is closed, stick around Storm Chaser at the last hour. If it's anything like my previous weekend there, it's walk-ons up until the minute the park closes!

All right. I had thought for sure Storm Chaser would need to be first, but if that's how it is, I can wait. I'm not planning to stay all the way until closing. I'll leave probably around 6 so I can drive to Kings Island and ride Beast. With Coastermania starting early on Friday, I'm going to have to leave KI before dark on Thursday to drive to Sandusky, which means Wed night is the only opportunity to ride Beast in the dark. Priorities.

When I left around 4:45 there were still about 100 people in line at the season pass center.

Hurricane Bay was very crowded today - long lines even just to get drinks, and I overheard quite a few complaints about concession stands being out of certain items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was at KK on Sunday... Got to the park at open and was able to enjoy Storm Chaser as a walk on. Rode it four times before heading over to Lightning Run. Personally, Storm totally kills LR! LR was actually very painful for me due to the shin bars (I am 6'6") and each hill put a lot of pressure on my shin. By the end I was thankful it was over. Didn't have that issue with Storm Chaser even though the trains are similar. By the time we made it back to SC, ride was down and eventually reopened one train. Likely due to the slippage on the lift each time with one train which was interesting. Ride ops looked concerned each time it happened. Figured it eventually would be taken off. Even with one train though, only waited like 15mims for front seat for our fifth ride.

Couldn't believe how awesome SC was though. Insane air hill after hill. Completely nuts! Way better than Goliath (my only other RMC) and def a top coaster for me. Only part I didn't like was the double down before the final turn. A bit abrupt lol