TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

Everything was basically walk on today. NRA convention at the fairgrounds made the parking lots packed but hardly anyone was there at KK besides my band, another school, and a few guests. There were maybe 10 cars in the lot when the convention let out.

A full parking lot for an NRA convention in Kentucky, never thought I'd see the day.....

I know, right?...

Although it is strange walking to the entrance with your students while people walk around with guns strapped to their hip. You never know which parent is going to get offended and pitch a fit.

^You are being sarcastic, right? You should check out the Louisville history museum sometime, it's approximately 80% firearms. Not even exaggerating.

That's because it was originally an arms museum...

I actually guessed that about halfway through, glad to know I was right. That was a weird day.

^You are being sarcastic, right? You should check out the Louisville history museum sometime, it's approximately 80% firearms. Not even exaggerating.

That's because it was originally an arms museum...

I actually guessed that about halfway through, glad to know I was right. That was a weird day.

Yup, it was originally the Frazier Arms Museum but about a couple of years ago now it went into being a more general history museum because arms alone weren't drawing enough...not that it excessively matters, seeing as it's all a private collection of a man who's not hurting for money.

(btw, I'm from Louisville)

They also need to serve really cheap beer next to this ride, like I have heard they do at the track. Win-Win

You've clearly never been to the Derby, I mean they do sell cheap beer "next to the track" as in a guy slangin tall boys out of a cooler from the trunk of his car, but but as far as cheap beer inside the track.....yeah no.

You clearly need to lighten up. All I know is that our local track sells very cheap beer. I've never been to our track, I'll never go to the derby, and I really don't care... but thanks for that super important lesson.

Park opens an hour earlier on Saturdays starting this upcoming Saturday.

You asked for it, we listened! We're updating our hours! We're opening at 10 a.m. on Saturday beginning Memorial Weekend! For more information, please visit our operating calendar!

https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/experience/hours/

Source

Park runs until 9pm on Saturdays for a total of 11 hours, compared to their 9 hours on Fridays and Sundays (11am-8pm) and 7 hour weekdays (11am-7pm).

I'd like to see them add some nice flat rides such as a Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, Wave-swinger, Paratrooper, etc. I'm a sucker for the classic flat rides.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they don't already have a scrambler!

I wonder what KK has up its sleeves for 2017. They really are off to an awesome reopening!

2016 season's just started, but I'm with you! I can't wait to see what the future of this park is. I know Ed's mentioned wanting a new B&M of some form, and he mentioned in the Coaster Force interview that he's talking with RMC about a new coaster (which I hope ISN'T one of their new deals, but I suspect it is). Plus there's plenty of flat rides they could add and things they could do with the water park to strengthen it as well.

Are the restraints on Lightning Run similar to Twisted Colossus/Goliath at SFGAm?

They are similar to RMCs, although I thought Storm Chaser's were more comfortable.

I'd like to see them add some nice flat rides such as a Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, Wave-swinger, Paratrooper, etc. I'm a sucker for the classic flat rides.

I agree, they need to focus on adding more flats, especially on the waterpark side. Back by storm chaser and the old drag racers would be good spots for some flats.

Oh wow, I didn't even know they don't already have a scrambler!

The Breakdance isn't a scrambler??

^ K, well, you sure are a happy little ding dong, aren't you? Tell you what. We're gonna continue talking about fun stuff and you can go continue to exist in your happy little clamshell where scramblers aren't fun.

I'm just trying to understand this, honestly...

A ride that literally does the same thing as another ride isn't the same type of ride because both are done utilizing different mechanisms? Isn't that kind of like saying Top Thrill Dragster isn't a roller coaster because it has a different track than a B&M? I'm confused here...

I'm just trying to understand this, honestly...

A ride that literally does the same thing as another ride isn't the same type of ride because both are done utilizing different mechanisms? Isn't that kind of like saying Top Thrill Dragster isn't a roller coaster because it has a different track than a B&M? I'm confused here...

With a breakdance ride, the cars are attached to the arms with a hinge or pivot mechanism so they swing or spin as the arms rotate. With a scrambler ride, the cars are fixed to the arms so they can't move separately from the arms. That makes the two rides give completely different experiences.