TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

I've not ridden The Great Nor'Easter for comparison, but T3 is an enjoyable ride. nothing great, but fun enough and worlds better than its former self. I admit my expectations were not very high but it was a pleasant surprise when It (finally) opened last year.

I concur. Everyone typically survives a ride on it, and even I find it re-rideable.

I'm a big fan of the bolt on the left side 117.2 m from the station.

You mean bolt 2,654? Have you seen the threads on that thing? I was underwhelmed by its representation in that original animation, but now I'm impressed!

Seriously, though, I can't wait to ride this thing. It'll be my first RMC.

Yeah, I' m with you. This is my first steel RMC.

SAME!

Damn, even the pre lift section on SC looks fun lol!

I'm assuming this isn't sarcasm, but if it is, please disregard what follows.

I'm all for giving under-appreciated portions of a coaster their due, but that pre-lift is about as nondescript as any I've seen. This isn't a shot at the design of the coaster by any means, but let's not go overboard on the RMC praise. There are hundreds of coasters with a pre-lift section nearly identical to that of Storm Chaser.

Of all things under-appreciated on this ride, I think the hill prior to the double down is unbelievably cool. The quick roll to the left followed by the slow unrolling looks amazing. I'm not sure what the actual experience will be like, but it is definitely pretty to look at.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm not saying its particularly a stand out part of the coaster at all. I just thought that the speed the train takes through the turn heading to the lift hill looks fun. Like "weee" fun. That's all I was getting at lol!

Damn, even the pre lift section on SC looks fun lol!

I'm assuming this isn't sarcasm, but if it is, please disregard what follows.

I'm all for giving under-appreciated portions of a coaster their due, but that pre-lift is about as nondescript as any I've seen. This isn't a shot at the design of the coaster by any means, but let's not go overboard on the RMC praise. There are hundreds of coasters with a pre-lift section nearly identical to that of Storm Chaser.

Of all things under-appreciated on this ride, I think the hill prior to the double down is unbelievably cool. The quick roll to the left followed by the slow unrolling looks amazing. I'm not sure what the actual experience will be like, but it is definitely pretty to look at.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm not saying its particularly a stand out part of the coaster at all. I just thought that the speed the train takes through the turn heading to the lift hill looks fun. Like "weee" fun. That's all I was getting at lol!

Not a good enough explanation. You must now punch yourself in the face or privates. Your choice, pal.

Will one even be able to ride it at night? Given that sunset is already after 8:00 PM, I don't think Kentucky Kingdom is ever open late enough for there to be night rides outside of the State Fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. Looks like it'll gather some real nice airtime on some of those hills I'm really looking forward to most likely riding this ride this year! Should be my 4th or 5th RMC by then

I'm also jealous that this RMC is already testing. Joker still isn't finished constructing and I was hoping to ride it before I move At least I'll be able to ride this!

Will one even be able to ride it at night? Given that sunset is already after 8:00 PM, I don't think Kentucky Kingdom is ever open late enough for there to be night rides outside of the State Fair.

On Fri/Sat starting may 28th the park is open till 9pm.

On Fri/Sat starting may 28th the park is open till 9pm.

Don't forget the Kentucky State Fair when the park's open until 10pm or 11pm.

Outside of the State Fair, the best chances for a night ride in late August and the first Saturday in September. On May 28th sunset is at 8:58 PM, and it doesn't set before 8:30 PM until August 20.

It may have something to do with the types of crowds that roll in to free attractions when the sun goes down. Even our local carnivals turn into sh** holes when the sun goes down. Thug wars for sure.

It may have something to do with the types of crowds that roll in to free attractions when the sun goes down. Even our local carnivals turn into sh** holes when the sun goes down. Thug wars for sure.

Lmao