TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

So I'm thinking about going to the park monday. What are the average wait times for rides on a monday?

You should be fine, the rides lines through the week are 15 min for most anything except T3, it can get up to 45 minutes at times.

Wow...that wave pool looks massive! Looks like the water park sprawls all over the inside of the park versus it being located in one specific area like a lot of other parks. Kinda reminds me of the one at Hershey.

I remember going to a convention across the street a few years ago and thinking how sad the park looked all shut down. It's great to see this park open and doing good once again.

Spent all day at the park today and things went pretty well. Lines were shorter than anticipated (even though the ops were REALLY slow)

-Fearfall's queue, as stated above, is in an awkward position. However the cutback to get to the queue is really convenient, saving you the walk all around the side of the restaurant building.

-T3 is still closed. I asked a ride op for skycatcher why it wasn't operating, and she said a piece went bad (sounding like enterprise now) and they have to wait for it from the manufacturer. I'm really hoping we don't have to wait all year for it to reopen, like last year with enterprise.

-TT's track is completely off the structure now, sitting in a corner where a helix formerly was. All that was left was a catwalk on the Lola side. It looks like since they're raising the height restriction for Storm Chaser, they may be using the lift hill from Lola for the first camelback.

-Cyclos now does 8-10 inversions, rather than then 4 it typically did when it first opened. The ops were actually decently quick with this ride.

The park has really improved since last year, despite the few eyesores here and there, but give it a couple more years and I think it'll be pretty great.

^ It's quite the experience! The suspense is killer although I wish they didn't have a countdown. That way, the drop would be a surprise... If Holiday World would finally bite the bullet on body slides, I sure as hell hope it's a drop capsule. Deep Water Dive is one of the most intense water slides I've ever been on.

I wouldn't call it the most intense body slide I've been on, but the length of the drop and the speed reached is definitely something I've never felt on another water slide!

-Cyclos now does 8-10 inversions, rather than then 4 it typically did when it first opened. The ops were actually decently quick with this ride.

Sheesh, really?! You mean in complete flips?! The most I've seen it do was 6 (with me onboard, it was beyond amazing). I knew Luna 360 at Coney Island did a s***-ton of flips already, so I'm assuming Cyclos just needed to warm up or something, especially considering that the first weekend it opened it averaged only 1 flip.

^ It's bright red

Go Cards.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

C

A...s much as I want to, probably shouldn't on TPR. People can get upset about straying too far from the topic.

R...eturning to the topic of coasters:

D...oes anyone else know why red is the go to color for RMC?

S...eems that there would be a greater demand for more colors. I was glad to see twisted colossus change it up a bit.

Edited by CoasterCard

^ It's bright red

Go Cards.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

C

A

T

S

Cats

Cats

Cats!

Oh wrong one? sorry!

On a serious note, very excited to see a RMC in Kentucky!