TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

someone posted on KK Fb page of a possible Eurofighter coaster to go into Blackbeard's bounty place. has anyone else seen this rumor?

If it were to happen, I think it would be 2 or 3 years away. I think it's pretty set in stone that something is happening with TT for next year, and if it is as extensive as I believe, I don't know if KK will invest the money or waste the hype cycle on 2 coasters in one year.

I had heard some rumors about a launched Eurofighter in place of TT in order to stay below the new height limit, but I figured those are out the window now that it appears TT is being rehabbed.

Eurofighters are good for a cheap coaster addition, but I wouldn't really get that excited for that addition. I haven't ridden a Eurofighter that was an enjoyable experience.

I saw that rumor, but it is to specific and doesn't seem to have any credibility behind it. It would be cool to have a 200 ft eurofighter, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure KK will ever see a 200' coaster because of height restrictions, but I don't know how the restrictions breakdown by areas of the park. KK is in a unique situation with where they are situated, but many of my favorite coasters are shorter than 200' tall. I think they can carve a market out of making fun, smaller rides like LR.

I saw that rumor, but it is to specific and doesn't seem to have any credibility behind it. It would be cool to have a 200 ft eurofighter, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure KK will ever see a 200' coaster because of height restrictions, but I don't know how the restrictions breakdown by areas of the park. KK is in a unique situation with where they are situated, but many of my favorite coasters are shorter than 200' tall. I think they can carve a market out of making fun, smaller rides like LR.

And they really don't need to build tall. Look at all the really great parks that don't have anything over 200 ft. Dollywood and Holiday World both haven't built that high, and their rides are fantastic. It may require some creativity, but the height restrictions aren't that limiting really.

I'm calling it now, I think this will be a topper track coaster instead of I box.

I completely disagree. Why would they remove major portions of the structure--particularly a lift hill--to replace just the tracks? The progress that had already made just screams I-box conversion to me. My guess would be they are shortening the layout quite a bit, making the ride single track with two/three trains and one/two lift hills, respectively.

I'm calling it now, I think this will be a topper track coaster instead of I box.

I completely disagree. Why would they remove major portions of the structure--particularly a lift hill--to replace just the tracks? The progress that had already made just screams I-box conversion to me. My guess would be they are shortening the layout quite a bit, making the ride single track with two/three trains and one/two lift hills, respectively.

Maybe it could be getting a launch instead of a second lift hill! That would solve the height problem.

Maybe it could be getting a launch instead of a second lift hill! That would solve the height problem.

hmmmm I like that idea . I'm going to try and grab some picture when I get off.

All evidence points to I-Box track as opposed to Topper track. Ledgers and track stack have been removed throughout the majority of the ride. In other words, if this is going to be a topper track ride, there are 2 options:

1.) The ride is becoming considerably shorter, only utilizing what little amount of track stack is remaining.

2.) Rebuilding a wooden coaster from most of the existing bents, then retrofitting this new wooden coaster with Topper track. (not happening)

Again, the amount of deconstruction that has taken place really lends itself to an I-Box track rebuild. I do believe Ed wants some kind of "gimmick" to draw in visitors and get locals talking about the park more. He always talked about wanting to have the world's longest wooden coaster by tying TT and Thunder Run together, but a launched dueling coaster would certainly do that as well...