TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

That lift is LOUD! I kind of like it...

The microphone picked up the lift motor really easily, it's actually relatively quiet. FAR quieter than Lightning Run's lift, lol.

Has it been confirmed that the test dummies did not complain about the headbanging?

They were sitting recovering in the station next to the load/unload platform. Meanwhile, I saw someone on Facebook mention that they may have seen actual people try it earlier in the day.

^ I know its just a test video, but it looks like it runs much smoother with the new train.
Vekomas tend to look smooth from a distance.

They were sitting recovering in the station next to the load/unload platform. Meanwhile, I saw someone on Facebook mention that they may have seen actual people try it earlier in the day.

I'm guessing it won't be open when I go tomorrow then, huh. Yet again...

Edited by undercoverunicorn13

Word is the 2nd T3 train is on the way...

Where'd you here that?

Asked a maintenance worker while the park.

Do they have any idea when it will open? Idk why they changed the brakes so late or these trains came so late, but it means that the ride will open after a month of it's scheduled opening and it's pretty disappointing whenever I plan to go and it's still not open. And considering it's the main thing they advertise in commercials and at the front gate and I'm pretty sure they're not making the GP happy.

My only logical guess for all the delays is because they seemed to focus on the other 7 new rides first. I'm not trying to bash on the park as I in fact love where it's going but it just seems like T3 won't get enough enjoyment from the GP before they start hyping over RMC Twisted Twins, cuz if they announce it late July that would be less than a month after their newest coaster opens (or reopens). It seems strange doesn't it?

Word is the 2nd T3 train is on the way...

Where'd you here that?

Asked a maintenance worker while the park.

Do they have any idea when it will open? Idk why they changed the brakes so late or these trains came so late, but it means that the ride will open after a month of it's scheduled opening and it's pretty disappointing whenever I plan to go and it's still not open. And considering it's the main thing they advertise in commercials and at the front gate and I'm pretty sure they're not making the GP happy.

My only logical guess for all the delays is because they seemed to focus on the other 7 new rides first. I'm not trying to bash on the park as I in fact love where it's going but it just seems like T3 won't get enough enjoyment from the GP before they start hyping over RMC Twisted Twins, cuz if they announce it late July that would be less than a month after their newest coaster opens (or reopens). It seems strange doesn't it?

That's the first thing I asked he said he's not allowed to say...... I asked this week he looked around and said if testing goes good but you didn't hear that from me.

I can't believe that any enthusiasts really care about the T3 opening.

It's probably cuz it's opening in a park that has only 2 other big coasters, neither of which invert.

That's the first thing I asked he said he's not allowed to say...... I asked this week he looked around and said if testing goes good but you didn't hear that from me.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to tell?

I can't believe that any enthusiasts really care about the T3 opening.

It's the lowest hanging fruit to pay attention to until we can start totally focusing on Twisted Twins' makeover. Also exactly because of what undercoverunicorn13 said.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to tell?

Who knows I guess they don't want to make anymore opening dates and it not open....

I will be visiting the park this sunday as part of a big trip, and plan to visit holiday world on the following monday. I was planning on arriving at opening time but was wondering if this park has enough to entertain for a full day, or if I would be better driving to holiday world in the afternoon (they do discounted tickets after 3pm) and having a day a half there instead of just a single day. also, if anyone fancies meeting up on sunday or monday at either park it would be nice to meet some other enthusiasts.