TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

Anne, from Irvine Ondrey Engineering (those in charge of the electrical aspect of Lightning Run), tested the ride and here is her review :

it's in my top ten now. You come into the brake run wide eyed and open mouthed because it's relentless, suprising, and intense to the very end. Absolutely breathtaking. Seriously. Not just saying that because it's our client, this is the coaster geek in me talking here. -Anne

Anne, from Irvine Ondrey Engineering (those in charge of the electrical aspect of Lightning Run), tested the ride and here is her review :

it's in my top ten now. You come into the brake run wide eyed and open mouthed because it's relentless, suprising, and intense to the very end. Absolutely breathtaking. Seriously. Not just saying that because it's our client, this is the coaster geek in me talking here. -Anne

Another good sign! I really need to get to Kentucky Kingdom this year.

Those leg restraints look annoying, hopefully the other chance versions of this that pop up wont have them. But that ride looks amazing!

I don't see a maximum rider height listed on the KK page, but I am concerned. Outlaw Run was almost unbearable for my 6-5 son. He's all legs. The shin restraint was like a bear trap. The coaster is a masterpiece but he couldn't enjoy it.

I realize that he's taller than 99 percent of the population, and no manufacturer can accommodate all body types. However, since then we are wary of lap bars with shin guards.

I know that. I'm just starting it since I'm just as surprised as you. Then again, Holiday World's water park has been operating since yesterday as well.

I'm also really glad to see rides operating from afar again, including the Ferris Wheel.

Does anyone have a beat on discounted tickets to the park? Gonna visit the Sunday after HoliWood Nights and $39.95 seems just a bit steep as I'll be skipping the water park.

I'll scour the web but figured some here have already looked.