TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Looks like you'll get a great view of it from the Tin Lizzies! I guess they will have to put up some kind of fence there.

I'm glad this ride and several other new ones are on the old side of the park. I always felt like there was a mismatch of shops and rides in that portion. With the other two roller coasters closed, the other half of the dry park will probably get a lot less traffic this year. Hopefully they get everything finished in time to plant some grass and get some shrubs and trees in and around the ride. I cant wait to go and see how much it has changed in person.

Does anyone else think there will be some laterals after that last airtime hill? If you look at the first picture you can see the track turning slightly without being banked. Interesting...

Does anyone else think there will be some laterals after that last airtime hill? If you look at the first picture you can see the track turning slightly without being banked. Interesting...

It looks a lot like American Thunder's final hop into the brake run which turns to the right without much banking. If it's anything like American Thunder, there will be a nice toss to the side as you enter the brakes. I have to admit it can be quite strong if you aren't expecting it.

These are the best pictures I could find, those who have ridden can attest.

^True story. I love when rides give a pop of airtime (or fun lats) right into the final brakes, even though I do think it's understandable when final hills are forceless. It adds a little bonus to the already awesome American Thunder!

I'm certain it won't be anything major, though if anything, it'll be a funky way to end it. And i love it when rides are wild from start to right before it hits the brake run! Rides that simmer before ending tend to get lower ratings from me somehow...

Nice! I thought that the track on the lift would be "simple" but apparently they have gone for the steel beam+track combination, probably to reduce the number of supports. Not much to go now

Did anyone go to the clean-up event the park had? How did everything look? I really hope the waterpark is coming along well. It seemed like a very ambitious undertaking to get it all done. I also hope they have plenty of umbrellas and shade, as that area of the park will probably be lacking in landscaping and shade trees for several years.

Yes, 12 is correct. Takes 70 seconds to raise to the top and drop. They are a quick ride to load/unload and start up, so the 12 person capacity should not be too detrimental to wait times especially when Kentucky Kingdom is not the most crazy busy park around. Only one operator is needed as well, so that can save a few bucks for the park too.

Yes, 12 is correct. Takes 70 seconds to raise to the top and drop. They are a quick ride to load/unload and start up, so the 12 person capacity should not be too detrimental to wait times especially when Kentucky Kingdom is not the most crazy busy park around. Only one operator is needed as well, so that can save a few bucks for the park too.

Hearing how insane Larson/ARM drop towers are and reading about all these great things about them, I wonder why S&S towers are everywhere but Larson/ARM drop towers are relatively rare even compare with Intamin towers. Are they more expensive than the drop towers of their competitors?