- Antique Cars

- Bumper Cars

- Rainbow

- Enterprise

- Himalaya

- Rapids Ride

- Flying Shoe Ride

- Splashdown Boat

Hmm, I had the chance to go there last year, but chose to go to Holiday World instead. I still probably wouldn't choose differently knowing that they were going to close, because that was probably my first and only time I'll ever get to go to HW, but it's still sad to see parks close. I wonder if that accident hadn't happened, would things be different?

even though there are other great parks in the area (HolidayWorld, Kings Island, Beech bend) as a Kentucky native, Kentucky Kingdom always had a special place in my heart. Way back in the days of the Vampire (boomerang) and the Starchaser (indoor jetstar). Thunder Run at one point was as good as any woodie out there!

Just a though, but long before Six Flags took over ownership of the park the rides were operated as a part of the Kentucky State Fair, is there any chance that the state would gain ownership of anything Six Flags leaves behind and possibly still operate during the fair, like the Thunder Run wooden coaster or the shuttle loop and Ferris Wheel? Just a thought but why tear down some great classic rides if the place could potentially become a Puyallup Fair of the Midwest?

Just a thought, but a part of me is really really gonna miss that place....

I also believe they have the following:

- Large ferris wheel

- Typical Bugs Bunny World kids rides

- Break Dance

- Pirate Ship

- Sky Coaster

- Antique Cars

- Bumper Cars

- Rainbow

- Enterprise

- Himalaya

- Rapids Ride

- Flying Shoe Ride

- Splashdown Boat

If SFMM is in the business of taking old rides, they should really load a few of those flat rides into a dump truck and plop em around the park.

I also believe they have the following:

- Large ferris wheel

- Typical Bugs Bunny World kids rides

- Break Dance

- Pirate Ship

- Sky Coaster

- Antique Cars

- Bumper Cars

- Rainbow

- Enterprise

- Himalaya

- Rapids Ride

- Flying Shoe Ride

- Splashdown Boat

The only rides that you listed I see that will probably not be moved are the Rapids and Splashdown. Those will probably be used as spare parts since they are very high maintenance rides. The rest seem easy to move.

Then like, what's gonna happen to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom?! Please tell us why!!!!
The park will probably be bulldozed over by the end of the year and become a vacant lot like Astroworld.

Well, this is a surprise, but at least I got to ride all the coasters with the exception of Roller Skater. For the problems it had, Kentucky Kingdom was still a nice park for the most part. Hopefully most of the rides can be relocated, as there are plenty of good rides there.

Most of the rides should be able to be relocated, so hopefully they open up at the other Six Flags parks soon. I would love for the ferris wheel to come up to Great America along with Greezed Lightning (although the chance is 0%). I also see T2 going up to Great Escape.

Eh. Worst Six Flags park I had ever been to, if not the worst of my 50+ parks period, based on a trip last year. One of only two parks that I honestly just wanted to get in, grab the credits and GTFO (the other being SFNE).

It's sad to see any park go, but if it had to be one park that I had already visited that got the axe, SFKK would definitely be it. Here's to hoping the Anton finds a new home.

I would think that T2 may also finally meet it's maker, but let's face it, we just saw Six Flags put up a Vekoma SLC at a park that already has a Batman clone so I wouldn't rule it out.

I would rule out T2 because its a prototype! 1st SLC in the US and second in the world! IIRC T2 had a LOT of down time in 1998 due to the front car coming loose from the rest of the train and stress fractures in the track during which time the aformentioned train became a parts donor and the remaining 2 were reduced from 10 cars to 7 cars which makes T2 the lowest capacity SLC in the world!

IMO Portotype rides helped put this park on the map in the early-mid 90s but helped kill the park in the end! Kentucky Kingdom used to be home to 2 other prototypes in Hellevator (1st Intamin drop tower) and Quake (1st Vekoma Wakiki Wave). Hellevator was the shortest Intamin Drop tower (177ft with 157ft drop) and ended up tearing off feet and Quake was a lawn ornament! Quake was my favorite flat but it was rarely open. Only ran a couple weeks out of the year. I remember the engine blowing one March during testing and training and that was not the only time. cost $15,000 every time Quake blew an engine. Also alot of the GP in the Louisville area won't ride Intamin drop rides at other parks (Drop Zone at KI for example) due to the Hellevator accident.

even though there are other great parks in the area (HolidayWorld, Kings Island, Beech bend) as a Kentucky native, Kentucky Kingdom always had a special place in my heart. Way back in the days of the Vampire (boomerang) and the Starchaser (indoor jetstar). Thunder Run at one point was as good as any woodie out there!

Just a though, but long before Six Flags took over ownership of the park the rides were operated as a part of the Kentucky State Fair, is there any chance that the state would gain ownership of anything Six Flags leaves behind and possibly still operate during the fair, like the Thunder Run wooden coaster or the shuttle loop and Ferris Wheel? Just a thought but why tear down some great classic rides if the place could potentially become a Puyallup Fair of the Midwest?

Just a thought, but a part of me is really really gonna miss that place....

If the lease is like SFNO lease, they have to leave any rides (according to the lease) that was there. They are allowed to take anything they put in, if they so choose.

I agree with many people in that I think SFKK is single handidly the worst park I've ever been to, even moreso than my home park SFA. I don't give home park bias to SFA.

Now we all know how SF Inc was planning on funding the 2011 capital program.

If the land leasing agreement is true and SFI didn't think they could've gotten a fair deal then they have to make the best business decision for them (SFI).

I don't hold any ill will against SFI over this decision and hope that as many attractions (coasters/flats) can be saved and moved elsewhere.

I think the shuttle loop would make a great addition to the footprint that has been vacated by Two Face's removal at SFA.

^^I don't really think it's that bad for the locals. They can go to three better parks in the area: Beech Bend, Holiday World, Kings Island. Not like when Astroland shut and the closest 'real' park was four hours away!

Oh yeah. I forgot how close those parks are. But like, I do find it funny for Six Flags to point out that the public can visit one of the other locations. What is the next closest? SFSL?

With that said - and I haven't been to SFKK - it does suck when a park closes, even if it isn't the baddest boy on the block. For instance, people could feel the same way about Wild Rivers. But personally, I'd take it over raging Waters. In the case with SFKK, I am sure some people fall into the category of liking it more than other parks.

Apparently the mayor of Louisville is trying to work with Six Flags and the KEC to put a deal together. Don't know if it'll happen (probably not) but they're trying. SFKK is one of the largest employers in the state. Losing it would be a huge blow to the already struggling economy in the area.

I'm kinda surprised the KEC didn't try to make a deal (although according to them they didn't know SF's was going to close it until it hit the news.) KEC is going to be losing the University of Louisville basketball team to a new arena next year and now this. There will be almost no reason to go there when its not time for the state fair which they use SFKK's rides as a midway.

Apparently the mayor of Louisville is trying to work with Six Flags and the KEC to put a deal together. Don't know if it'll happen (probably not) but they're trying. SFKK is one of the largest employers in the state. Losing it would be a huge blow to the already struggling economy in the area.

If this is true I hope they do come to an agreement. Too often people don't look past the Roller Coasters or how few rides they have when talking about a park closing. There is no way to doubt this will put a huge dent in the Louisville Economy and will only cause misfortune for the employees of the park and its vendors. Not to mention the local businesses (Restaurants, Gas Stations, Hotels) who will see less customers which they may counter by getting rid of some employees.