TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^ That is what I would like to see. With Chang gone, the only rides left in the back of the park that are running are the Ferris Wheel, T2, Thunder Run, Blizzard River, Wooden Shoes, Carousel and Roller Skater. Turn Blizzard River into a water park attraction, move the smaller rides and they are set.

Edit: Forgot about T2.

Obviously being in Chicago you want chang to go to SFGRAM but we're not sure that it'll happen just yet & why send T2 to TGE when they had an SLC in storage that's being sent to Laronde & T2 is in far worse shape than the SLC TGE recently lost?

Actually, I'd rather have Chang go to Great Adventure, although I'd like to see the park receive several flats before a new coaster. It is just that all the information at the time have it coming up here. I'd much rather have Greezed Lightning come back to its first home. The ride other ride that I'd like to see come up to Great America, in addition to Greezed Lightning, is the ferris wheel like I mentioned in my first post.

I can really see the front (small) area being for flat rides and the small coasters they have there and making the back section a huge water park.

JEFF

I was thinking the same thing.

My theory

For next year, move Splashwater Falls to Chang site and maybe install some new things like one of those surf things, a racer slide, and/or a half-pipe.

Within the next few years:

- move the roller skater, go-karts, and flats to the front of the park

- Blizzard River incorporated into water park

- T2 either sold to South America or scrapped

- Thunder Run, Twisted Twins, and everything else to the wrecking ball

That leaves a huge chunk of space on the Thunder Run side of the park for perhaps an indoor waterpark/SF lodge type of thing. Just a guess.

I dont know if that whole B&M rumor is true about the Busch Gardens Parks but if it is then just like people said about KD and Dominator, this may finally be a way for Six Flags to get another B&M into the DC, MD, VA area.

Six Flags America needs a new roller cosater though.

I dont know if that whole B&M rumor is true about the Busch Gardens Parks but if it is then just like people said about KD and Dominator, this may finally be a way for Six Flags to get another B&M into the DC, MD, VA area.

Six Flags America needs a new roller cosater though.

Yeah SFA was supposed to get a stand up before Batwing was added in it's place at the last minute...it was labeled as attraction #37 on the park's long ignored detailed site plans first filed with the county in the summer of 1999(before SFI found itself in debt & couldn't afford rides for half their parks) & had dimensions of 140 feet in height & 3,000 feet in length so it definitely wasn't a togo as those are only around 100ft. in height.

Of course it's just wishful thinking that SFI would finally start paying attention to SFA when they've been treating it just as badly as SFKK for years now so I think that Chang won't be finding it's way to the east coast at all.

Why did SFKK take down Chang now? Shouldn't they have waited until after October before they took their largest coaster down and make the announcement after Fright Fest so people could have got some last rides on it like BBW at BGE?

You would think so. It seemed the rumor popped up one week and then it closed the next week. They probably could have gave a better notice.

If KYKingdom goes waterpark, does anyone think it feasible that they pave the frontside and move all the kiddie rides into the Belgian Village / Northwest Territory area while expanding the waterpark into the Chang / T2 areas?

I could see them hanging on to all the little kid rides for the added "family friendly" feel. Also, I don't see the Ferris Wheel going anywhere. That thing is massive and definitely sets the skyline for the park as much as Chang and Hellevator did.

P.S. I worked at the park this summer in the office with a number of management and never heard a word on the Chang removal. Maybe I left the park too early (late August) for the decision to get around. Anyway you look at it though, there are some changes in store for KYKingdom which is always a good thing for this park. It hasn't really been the place for "thrills" since the late 90s, what with Kings' Island having so many good coasters and only being an 1:30 away.

^ The Ferris Wheel would be the easiest ride in the park to move. The way it is set up, the ride could be there at the end of the day Friday and be gone Monday morning. Which I think is a very real possibility...

SFKK has already shown what direction they want the park to go in from the Chang removal. Why keep any rides around if you are going to be a waterpark? The "family-friendly" part of a waterpark is kiddie areas and smaller slides, not kiddie coasters and carousels.

Dear Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom,

Please don't axe Penguin's Blizzard River just yet. I am a nostalgic (and slightly warped) rapids enthusiast who counts this as a double credit since it uses Opryland's Grizzly River Rampage's guts. Sadly, I missed out on Hershey's Canyon River Rapids before it was turned into a lazy river. Just a humble request. I'll buy you a Junior Mint if it has any sway.

Seriously, whatever SFKK plans, I hope it's successful, especially in these tough times.

The dry parks future looks very bright also. keep in mind there is plenty of land behind T2 they could buy, and the northwest section is there also. That is plenty of land to secure the dry park.

Here is some pictures from my website SFKK Online of the state of Chang after Monday morning. Yes these are from Monday morning.

Credit to elvisboogens from the site for the pictures.

user112_pic55_1253754817.jpg.50e44932dd849f15874038a555cf9095.jpg

1 train already on a truck.

user112_pic62_1253754972.jpg.82512e31d639cac3fd98dc7f62705b6e.jpg

The other trailer didnt have a license plate on it. Which is odd.

user112_pic61_1253754972.jpg.d062776e7d081a3edc215011c7a56625.jpg

The monster responsible for all of this.

user112_pic60_1253754893.jpg.383d21eac20bcd1f720c13ef6a884f97.jpg

A closer look.

user112_pic59_1253754893.jpg.89ab76cec5d6c108b82529cdc09ecbb0.jpg

Up close look at the second train.

user112_pic58_1253754893.jpg.45b84ff02380a5e235299b4e175d607e.jpg

Another train on a truck. Where's the third?

user112_pic57_1253754817.jpg.4cf387ceaeabf7818304c81c4096f88e.jpg

Overview of the backlot

user112_pic56_1253754817.jpg.382b12ad38eebb99f6d15ff47b08b024.jpg

Lumber?

^The park sides future is very bright? Are you serious? Have you been to the park lately?

BTW, "Lumber?". Lumber is used for many different things in construction. To level heavy equipment, to keep pieces steady on trucks. Don't think anything of it. It's not treated which means it won't be used at the park.

That Illinois license plate basically screams out that Chang is going to SFGAm.

No it doesn't. Trucking companies use routes. They don't send trucks down to a park in Kentucky to retrieve parts for a park. Look at trucks on the interstate next time you're on it, there are plates from everywhere, that doesn't mean that the load it's taking is going to the location of the license plate.