TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

The bleachers are leftovers from the Drag Racing attraction that used to be where Eye of the Storm is now. There were like 4 different strips or lanes if I remember correctly and you could race against people in a drag race complete with staging lights. It was pretty cool honestly if you like drag racing.

I went there to Kentucky Kingdom today and it’s more like Covid Kingdom. Masks and social distancing definitely was not enforced at all. I spoke with management about it and she blamed me for not reporting it (except that’s why I was talking to her.) I was there a whopping thirty minutes and left after being denied a refund. I was really looking forward to riding Storm Chaser but it’s not worth it after that level of poor customer service.

The biggest shocker is that someone from Indiana would expect Kentucky parks to be strict on masks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been hearing rumors for weeks that Herschend was in talks to acquire the park and had heard executives had been spotted touring the park recently.  That map is pretty much a map of Herschend properties.  Except I can cannot account for an extra circle to the west.

5 hours ago, kenban said:

Except I can cannot account for an extra circle to the west.

That might be the Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Oklahoma, which was known as White Water under Herschend.

This is honestly quite the shock. I'm already thinking about how this park could change...

7 hours ago, kenban said:

I have been hearing rumors for weeks that Herschend was in talks to acquire the park and had heard executives had been spotted touring the park recently.  That map is pretty much a map of Herschend properties.  Except I can cannot account for an extra circle to the west.

I'm surprised, up until today I hadn't heard much talk about a sale. I thought the pandemic was hurting them, but not to the extent to where they can't afford to operate the park. I hope this is just some attraction and not a sale though, because the KK team has been able create something really unique, and it's been such an improvement since the Six Flags days. At least its not Six Flags buying the park again, but still, it's a shame to what was the greatest amusement park turnaround of the 2010s.

2 hours ago, DBru said:

Remember when people said that about Wild Adventures?

And Celebration City. Personally, I hope that this sale isn't true. I mean Herschend also operated Darien Lake and Elitch Gardens. The greatest thing to come to Darien Lake during their time was a Moose on the Loose and a super loop. The greatest thing to come to Elitch Gardens during their time was a used kiddie coaster, a waterslide, and a super loop. I just really don't see anything great coming out of Herschend operating Kentucky Kingdom. It would be GREAT to see massive, themed coasters and experiences like Dollywood or Silver Dollar City, but I see it being more likely that this park would become a second Wild Adventures: the first couple years would be great, but then a whole lot of nothing. 

• Like 2

I feel like this tweet is alluding to a sale. At first I thought it was hinting at a roller coaster (which it may actually be), but the "emotional" part makes me wonder if it's a sale. Maybe the "emotional" part is referring to a change in ownership from a local company to a national one. Idk for sure, but it makes me wonder.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, realKyle said:

I feel like this tweet is alluding to a sale. At first I thought it was hinting at a roller coaster (which it may actually be), but the "emotional" part makes me wonder if it's a sale. Maybe the "emotional" part is referring to a change in ownership from a local company to a national one. Idk for sure, but it makes me wonder.

Also something I forgot to mention, there are nine emojis in the tweet, which may be linked to the fact that "Herschend" has 9 letters.