TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^Who knows what's going to happen in the fall, but I'm glad it sounds they're at least entertaining the possibility of bringing the event back this year.

They have rescheduled the coaster event to August 30. So, Holiwood Nights > Kentucky Kingdom is still happening if you want to attend both.

I see where the KK event is listed for the 30th but where do you see that Holiwood kNights was rescheduled as well? The site is still listing the previous dates.

When you go to the "Buy Tickets" tab and select HoliWood Nights, the new dates are listed there. The latest info on HWN gets posted in the official Facebook group.

Thank you! I guess I was already in the group and somehow just missed the updated dates.

I'm really excited that they're still planning on doing the two events this year! It's going to be a lot of fun!

I have heard KK plans on running two trains all year long at Lightning Run, Storm Chaser and Kentucky Flyer to accommodate social distancing. However, if GP begins to complain about the additional wait times in the brake stations while they load the second train according to their new procedure of release one row at a time, load one row at a time they will drop down to one train operation for the season.

Lastly, according to a photo I saw of the Storm Chaser trains, at the coasters every other row is being blocked off. For instance, Row 1 will be open for riders from the same party while row 2 will be closed to all riders, row 3 will be open for riders from the same party, row 4 will be closed and so on. I don't know about the rest of the attractions but I would assume they are the same with X number of empty ride vehicles between a rider or group of riders from the same party.

Hi all! I'm working in Kentucky through the end of the month and I'm looking at going to Kentucky Kingdom on opening day. I've never been to the park before, so I was curious if anyone had thoughts on how bad the crowds might be and how well their operations will be (especially on the coasters) with social distancing restrictions cutting down ride capacity.

Oak Island is gone and maybe they don't have the resources to focus on planning the event.

I'm sort of confused about this. Oak Island is gone but last year they transferred their holiday creative to Keen Designs. I think they're still operating so this shouldn't impact anything, right? Maybe?

I'm really not sure what's going on with them. I also feel like this is a Dirkfunk question but I'll throw it out there.

Edited by coasterbill

Hi all! I'm working in Kentucky through the end of the month and I'm looking at going to Kentucky Kingdom on opening day. I've never been to the park before, so I was curious if anyone had thoughts on how bad the crowds might be and how well their operations will be (especially on the coasters) with social distancing restrictions cutting down ride capacity.

I wouldn't expect large crowds. It remains to be seen what the operations will look like this year. One thing I have noticed is there is no constancy between coasters or even specific crews on each coaster. One crew can be super efficient at Storm Chaser, dispatching the train in a minute and half from the time it parks. They switch out with two different operators who can take 5 minutes to dispatch one train. There seems to be no consistency at all. It's all about the luck of the draw.

Right now, they most likely don't want to focus on Halloscream. It's already a bad year for them and I'm sure they don't want to put money in something that may not be able to happen. This Virus could spike again this fall and they are thinking the same thing. Don't put too much into something that we may have to cancel.

I could see it fitting in, perfect capacity for the park and a hopefully slim enough fit. Plus I've said many times here how that area could especially use another anchor attraction to draw more guests out to Storm Chaser (even at the expense of waiting in longer lines. Good for business, not so nice for selfish reasons ). It would surely be good for the park to draw more guests out there.

Coaster Kings is saying the area is the old drag strip that's been left sitting in between Thunder Run and the big loop coaster (I'm drawing a blank on the name right now, dang nab it) so it'd be a good spot to fill.

The old Top Eliminator Dragsters strip, and yeah, it's very prime land for literally anything. It's a lil bit of an eyesore, but it's scrimmed-off area people don't pay much attention to.

49577141557_1b66285d28_k.thumb.jpg.7a145eddb845dffc6b26d48759ceb5f9.jpg

From Winter Walkthru tour back in February.

It’ll be interesting to see whether this is a clone or custom layout. I don’t really see how this will add diversity to the park’s current lineup, but it’ll be another great coaster for the park, nonetheless.

^Oh totally! I’ve ridden them both, as well. Great rides! I just find the experience to be quite similar to both Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. I’d love to see a gimmick (read: launch) added, but I haven’t seen any hard evidence of RMC making that available for the Raptors, yet.

Based off the height indicator coordinates given, it looks like a clone of Wonder Woman. This would situate the drop towards the park, giving a better view for non riders which Ed has stated time and time agin that he cares about. For those concerned about how Covid will affect the ride getting built, the park didn't add anything new this year, which will help with he finical burden and I can see them charging ahead with this plan to boost attendance post Covid year.