TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I was at Kentucky Kingdom today and I must say these were the slowest operations I have seen. Took between 2-4 minutes to dispatch train be at storm chaser and lightning run. Rode T3 once and they had an issue in the station and waited in the those restraints for close to 5 minutes. Park was not that busy. Rode storm chaser 10 times and lightning run 5 times. Did the drop tower and the other coasters once. I left after 5.5 hours. Pretty hot and a little humid in Louisville today. Really enjoyed the top 2 coasters just wish the operations were better. May go back on Sunday for 2-3 hours before I fly home

I was at Kentucky Kingdom today and I must say these were the slowest operations I have seen. Took between 2-4 minutes to dispatch train be at storm chaser and lightning run. Rode T3 once and they had an issue in the station and waited in the those restraints for close to 5 minutes. Park was not that busy. Rode storm chaser 10 times and lightning run 5 times. Did the drop tower and the other coasters once. I left after 5.5 hours. Pretty hot and a little humid in Louisville today. Really enjoyed the top 2 coasters just wish the operations were better. May go back on Sunday for 2-3 hours before I fly home

I've noticed that when the park is less crowded, the operations are typically slower since the ride ops have to secure more restraints instead of just checking them after people have already pulled them down and buckled them. I've seen them constantly stay under a minute and a half at Storm Chaser and Lightning Run before when they have a full train. You also have to remember that many of the ride ops are still relatively new, they will get there eventually. Ironically, T3 usually has the best and most consistent dispatch speeds of all their coasters, it's unfortunate that was the one you get held up in the brakes on. I was speaking with a ride op over there yesterday and they were saying that their techs completely rebuilt the trains over the winter and they've been having some issues with restraints not unlocking when the train parks in the station. It was probably that issue that held you out in the brakes. Believe me, the ops at T3 know how unpleasant it is sitting in that brake station so they try to get the trains moving as fast as possible.

Lightning Run was awesome. Storm Chaser...unholy. idk yet where it ranks, if it outdid Wicked Cyclone, seemed to have a tad less air, but for now all I can say is wow. I managed to leave a little restraint room for one ride and wow, such sustained ejector especially on the Hill in the middle. Thunder run was surprisingly OK. I hear T3 has new trains..im gunna break my rule of never Vekoma SLC. Hope I don't regret it

T3 roller coaster at Kentucky Kingdom closes for investigation a - WDRB 41 Louisville News

T3 roller coaster at Kentucky Kingdom closes for investigation after Saturday incident

Posted: Jun 02, 2018 5:35 PM EDT

Updated: Jun 02, 2018 5:35 PM EDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The T3 roller coaster at Louisville's Kentucky Kingdom has been closed for an investigation.

Park officials said Saturday around 2:30 p.m. the T3, a suspended looping coaster, bumped into the first train as it was waiting to enter the station for unloading around.

Five guests were taken to the park's health services center for evaluation after the incident, park officials say. Four of those guests returned to the park, while the fifth was taken to a local hospital at the request of her parents.

Officials say the incident is under investigation, and the roller coaster will stay closed until that investigation is completed. Officials also notified state ride inspectors of the incident.

No other information was immediately available.

Copyright 2018 WDRB Media. All rights reserved

If I were the park I would take no chances with this one. Safety first... best to just sell the ride for scrap and replace it with something else. You can’t put a price on safety. Oh well...

People bitch if there’s one train ops and don’t appreciate a little fender bender with two.

Eh, I don’t know. The crash was probably the least jarring and painful part of the ride.

Edited by coasterbill

Unfortunately is a chance it could reopen quickly with single train operations.

It really is a miserable ride and the park would be better off without it. But I hate to see incidents like this happen to any coaster. I just hope the park does not waste too much money fixing this issue.

Y'all sure are passionate and caring about this ride. You'd never see this level of compassion from SV's similar bump.

Really though, I am glad this isn't anything worse (and glad local stations aren't blowing it out of proportion like some would elsewhere).