TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

So here we have a park employee stating that the announcement is coming

You also have a park employee 2 days ago saying that an announcement isn't coming in the near future at all but you decided to write that person off as (and I quote) "some kid placed in charge of social media for Kentucky Kingdom" who's word shouldn't "be taken as any more golden than anyone else".

You just want to focus on the employee who told you what you want to hear (even though that timeframe came and went) and ignore the one that told you what you didn't want to hear (that maybe you should exercise a little patience) and then get mad at anyone who dares to point out the fact that at this point nobody on this board knows anything about this announcement or when it's going to be.

You act as if the whole world is saying one thing and I'm the only one saying otherwise. A park representative said the same thing I'm saying 2 days ago, you just don't want to hear it.

Listen CoasterBill, I HIGHLY suggest you change your tone right now. I'm really not the kinda cat that you wanna get into a pissing contest with, and frankly, there's no reason for one. CLEARLY there's two conflicting sources of information, and I don't see any reason why we couldn't or shouldn't discuss the notion in all forms. You're writing off a guy stating something publicly while hanging on the words of someone who simply said "Not that I'm aware of." So we don't know who knows what, what the plans were vs. what they currently are, ect ect ect. OBVIOUSLY they'll announce SOMETHING regarding the park at some point...whether it's THIS particular story arc of this phantom 2018/19 announcement or simply their routine 2018 announcement.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation. OBVIOUSLY something WAS planned whether that's still in the plans or not. Meanwhile, this is a park that has a lot of upward trajectory that's due for a lot of growth over the next 5+ years in terms of the water park and dry rides big and small. This here is a board to discuss and to speculate, otherwise, why even have the damn board? So we can all continue to read people's personal opinions and breakdowns and reviews of the park? That gets old after awhile, doesn't it? So we can all read a thousand posts asking about fast passes and how lines are? *yawns* So, I don't see why you're so damn defensive over discussing and speculating. It's a messageboard. We're messageboard posters. It's what we do. There's precisely no reason for you to be a dick about it, so again...take the bass out of your voice.

I really don't see the point in continuing this discussion but the idea that I'm the one in this exchange who's being a dick and has "bass in my voice" is so hilarious that I can't help but point it out. If you want to continue complaining about my tone (which is incredibly non confrontational compared to yours) then send me a PM, nobody else cares.

You don't see the point in continuing a conversation regarding two conflicting sources regarding the future of the park in terms of what rides may or may not be coming? You see no point in discussing and speculating about what may come in the future as well as what we'd like to see? One person said one thing. Another said "Not to my knowledge." And I'm just curious as to what's going on. I think it's a fair thing to converse and speculate about, and certainly more entertaining than the 100th post asking how lines are or reviewing the park. If YOU don't wanna chime in, cool. Scoot along. I'm not asking you to partake in this conversation. However, others have been engaged in it in the past few posts so clearly some folks care enough to discuss it.

^^I'm all for discussing the future of the park, my post was in regards to all of the people who claim to have inside information on WHEN the announcement is going to be. At this point we have absolutely no idea. I don't think the announcement date will have any impact on what the announcement ends up being. Talking about what we want to see in the future is awesome, obsessing over the exact date that it's going to be announced is ridiculous.

I don't care when the exact date is. That was never the damn point! I'm just not always able to stay up to date with what's going on, so I'm operating under the assumption that an annoucement is imminent, someone says otherwise, and I'm asking for clarification. You decided to be dismissive and act like a dick over it all for reasons that elude me. MEANWHILE, maybe someone else out there has a little more info than you and I that may want to chime in and answer? Discussions...it's what discussion boards are for, dude.

No, you just decided to be dismissive when I was simply asking for clarification. The only person that started out being rude was you, for no particular reason. Don't want conflict, don't be a dick. That simple. To paint this in any other way is laughable. You acted like a jerk, and I called you out for it because it was wholey unnecessary when all I was seeking was clarification on the latest in what was going on regarding this phantom announcement. Nobody's inventing conflict, you just brought it upon yourself and I've little patience for people who behave the way you were on message boards.

SO TO CLARIFY....

A spokesperson said, on video, early in the year that they would annouce plans for 2018/19 in the spring. HOWEVER, just a couple of days ago we find out that that has evidently changed and now no such announcement is imminent. Is that up to date? Is that the latest? That's all I'm asking! CLEARLY other theme park following sites ect. are still operating under the assumption that SOMETHING is imminent, so I'm simply trying to get clarification as to what's going on seeing as I'm not always plugged into this.

I'm really not the kinda cat that you wanna get into a pissing contest with

LMFAO

*waits for the next post for Rabbit_in_Red to lie about his karate black belt or how much he can bench press*

This has the potential to be just as entertaining as AIM chat rooms in my early teens!

Seriously, dude. What kind of statement is that to make?

Everyone thinks something's coming. One person on here says otherwise. You understand why there's a disconnect, right?

My home park is SFSTL. Therefor, I don't get my hopes up for anything until it's announced. Buzz and Rumor is just that. It's fine that you're excited, but not all of us like to speculate over something that is only a rumor at this point. What makes it wrong for someone to post their opposing point of view? Are you so self conscious about your personal commitment to the possibility of some incredible park announcement that you have to become incredibly defensive when another poster speculates that there will be no such announcement?

According to the video to which I will provide a link below you can clearly hear a park spokesperson say "18 and 19 will be announced in April or shortly afterwards so as to not get caught up in derby".

I get that, but April and, in my (virtually worthless) opinion, "shortly after" have already passed. Has anything else been teased before or after that statement? (legitimate question)

Gentlemen (and ladies), I can't tell you how impressed I was with this park and I can't wait to go back. Adding a new, preferably smooth, large scale coaster would make this park even better. I would be stoked and I really hope one is announced within the next couple years. However, although I haven't been paying very close attention, I haven't seen anything to hang all of my hopes on. My pessimistic nature is overwhelming, but I sincerely hope I am surprised.

I'm really not the kinda cat that you wanna get into a pissing contest with

LMFAO

*waits for the next post for Rabbit_in_Red to lie about his karate black belt or how much he can bench press*

This has the potential to be just as entertaining as AIM chat rooms in my early teens!

Seriously, dude. What kind of statement is that to make?

Everyone thinks something's coming. One person on here says otherwise. You understand why there's a disconnect, right?

My home park is SFSTL. Therefor, I don't get my hopes up for anything until it's announced. Buzz and Rumor is just that. It's fine that you're excited, but not all of us like to speculate over something that is only a rumor at this point. What makes it wrong for someone to post their opposing point of view? Are you so self conscious about your personal commitment to the possibility of some incredible park announcement that you have to become incredibly defensive when another poster speculates that there will be no such announcement?

According to the video to which I will provide a link below you can clearly hear a park spokesperson say "18 and 19 will be announced in April or shortly afterwards so as to not get caught up in derby".

I get that, but April and, in my (virtually worthless) opinion, "shortly after" have already passed. Has anything else been teased before or after that statement? (legitimate question)

Gentlemen (and ladies), I can't tell you how impressed I was with this park and I can't wait to go back. Adding a new, preferably smooth, large scale coaster would make this park even better. I would be stoked and I really hope one is announced within the next couple years. However, although I haven't been paying very close attention, I haven't seen anything to hang all of my hopes on. My pessimistic nature is overwhelming, but I sincerely hope I am surprised.

1) I love trolling when people annoy me. In this case, he responded quite rudely when all I'm asking for was clarification.

2) My hopes aren't up...see #3

3) You're literally asking, in other words (bolded), what I've been trying to figure out this whole time before Bill decided to be dismissive about the whole thing.

Well then, I think it's pretty much figured out. There's no new information. There has been no announcement. We don't know when an announcement may come. Maybe the very original statement of an announcement in April or soon after was premature or misguided?

Well then, I think it's pretty much figured out. There's no new information. There has been no announcement. We don't know when an announcement may come. Maybe the very original statement of an announcement in April or soon after was premature or misguided?

Either that, or plans have changed for one reason or another?

I can't imagine they won't have something, relatively major, to announce in regards to Hurricane Bay for 2018 at some point with the closing of Mt. Slide Hai after this season. That's a fairly large chunk of land, and fairly popular draw of the park, to close without having something else newer and up to date in the plans. Again, this comment is less to do with some phantom announcement and now just speculating as to what may be in store for the park.

Next Question: CoasterForce has stated that there's no height restriction in the lot immediately behind the park as it's not in the flight path to the airport. They cited a quote from Ed Hart, but I've never been able to find a record of said quote that's supposedly public. Does anyone know any more details about that or that plot of land?

Again with my home park, I wouldn't be surprised if something was changed or down graded.

So I just watched the video where the spokesperson talked about the announcement. He doesn't even say "soon after" the derby. He just says "after." Is that really the source of where all of the recent speculation and rumor have come from? (again, serious question)

It just seems like... very little....

Of note, I wasn't really paying close attention, but I didn't see any surveying marks, construction equipment, etc. during my visit.

I've not seen any either, but like you, I've never really paid a great deal of attention either. My only comment in regards to Hurricane Bay is that they're replacing a major component to the water park so it's safe to assume they're replacing it with something relatively and equally major for 2018. "Major" in terms of a new slide tower vs. "major" being a new B&M Super Giga Hyper Whatever obviously being two different uses of the word "Major"... relative to the different parks (Water vs. dry).

I don't see how this place gets the least bit of praise. First time here. One train operation on Storm Chaser. Most clueless and unprofessional ride ops I've ever encountered. Just a pretty miserable place overall, even if a few coasters are OK.

Edit: T3 is down all day. Yay.

4ebd7bdef7727e31c13746de69abc551.jpg

Edit: Also Thunder Run one train. About a 30 minute wait so far and line was barely outside of the station.

I don't see how this place gets the least bit of praise. First time here. One train operation on Storm Chaser. Most clueless and unprofessional ride ops I've ever encountered. Just a pretty miserable place overall, even if a few coasters are OK.

Meh, to each his own. SC and LR are amazing, Thunder Run is pretty good, they have some nice flats here and there, and the water park is great. The ride ops aren't quite as good as some other parks, but they're far from the worst out there.

Consider that a blessing haha.

Edit: Also Thunder Run one train. About a 30 minute wait so far and line was barely outside of the station.

I'm not a fan of this either, but it would be a substantial investment to get this ride running two trains.

I did not have one negative experience at KK, but every day is hit or miss at most any park. Actually, be grateful that T3 is closed...

I still wanted to experience it so I could know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lol.thumb.jpg.57c05e894bbfac9950745d5119900b5c.jpg

Fixed that for you.

Y'know, I actually don't mind T3. I get WHY people dislike it, but for me...it's way more tolerable, and almost fun IMO, with the new trains and restraint system. It's by far not the best by any means, but I don't mind it nearly as much as others seem to.

In all seriousness, Brit liked it too. I don't get why, but plenty of people do seem to enjoy it.

I realize I'm a few days and few pages behind on this thread, but I just want to give props to Zach for continuing with the "pointing at things" running gag in his trip reports. Please, never take photos without you pointing at something.

Especially that fence gap.