TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

After that, we tried to kill ourselves and rode T3 in the front row. Mother of God... I had never ridden a SLC before and I never want to ride another. After this thing tried to remove my insides from my body it tried to cut off my legs on the break run.

When I rode it last year, I prepared myself for a beating — which it delivered (those seats feel like they're square). However, I did not anticipate the leg crushing that it delivered on the brake run. The train I was on sat on the brakes for a good two minutes or so. It was like having an extra-tight blood pressure cuff strapped to both legs. Skyrim's restraint issue is cakewalk compared to this thing.

I didn't have any issue with the restraints, but the park was only running one train so I wasn't sitting on the brake run. The worst brake run is still Wild Eagle with how tight those vest restraints are on my collar. Thankfully Dollywood has fast dispatches so I don't have to feel it for that long.

Thanks for all of the compliments on the TR. We had a fun time and we really want to go back to this park. One thing I didn't realize was just how damn close the airport is to the park. When the larger jets land they seem like they're going to hit Storm Chaser, and that's no exaggeration. They're RIGHT THERE! I thought Carowinds was close to the airport, until visiting Kentucky Kingdom. I've always liked looking at airplanes, so to me it just adds another cool element.

Glad you had fun, and happy birthday to Emily!

Will do. Thanks Andrew!

However, I did not anticipate the leg crushing that it delivered on the brake run.

It was sinister. Everyone on the train was moaning and making comments of being in pain on the brake run. I could only imagine what would happen if the ride were to break down leaving you stranded on the brake run. It's a shame since it really is a neat looking ride. It had to be even worse for Emily, because I didn't even give her a heads up... Shame on me, right?

Sooo..............wait, no announcement?

One page ago, literally right after your previous post:

Sent Kentucky Kingdom a message on Facebook asking when the 2018/2019 announcement would be made and got this as a reply, "As far as I know we won't be announcing anything until later in the season/off-season." So I guess it's not coming as soon as we previously thought.

Yeah yeah, but no offense to said poster but who's word are we taking on this? The whole damn theme park following internet all seems to think that there's SOMETHING scheduled to be announced sooner rather than later for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. While it's possible that it's just one big 13 year old wannabe-insider circle jerk...a few reputable outlets have picked up on this as well. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I'd just take the word of some kid placed in charge of social media for Kentucky Kingdom as any more golden than anyone else's.

Long story short: There's a lot of smoke that SOMETHING is coming down the pike sooner rather than later. So who's word are we taking?

I hope it's a bumper cars expansion.

That would be nice, but they've been hyping next year's addition too much. It's gotta be a coaster. Personally, I think a spinning coaster would compliment their lineup very well. It's a fun family coaster that many people will enjoy.

Disko11.jpg.8c8def8f4f56043ef63ae9b3e80ef808.jpg

This will be a great addition to the coaster they received last year.

Yeah yeah, but no offense to said poster but who's word are we taking on this? The whole damn theme park following internet all seems to think that there's SOMETHING scheduled to be announced sooner rather than later for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. While it's possible that it's just one big 13 year old wannabe-insider circle jerk...a few reputable outlets have picked up on this as well. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I'd just take the word of some kid placed in charge of social media for Kentucky Kingdom as any more golden than anyone else's.

Long story short: There's a lot of smoke that SOMETHING is coming down the pike sooner rather than later. So who's word are we taking?

If you repeat a lie enough, people think it’s true

The whole damn theme park following internet all seems to think that there's SOMETHING scheduled to be announced sooner rather than later for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

The "damn theme park following internet" also thought that new Mean Streak was opening this season and some people still think it'll be open for Halloweekends. The "damn theme park following internet" has been convinced every year for the last 5 years that Canada's Wonderland was getting a new coaster that year named "Ziz" that still doesn't exist. The "damn theme park following internet"also thinks that Lightning Rod is getting a chain lift. The "damn theme park following internet" at one point legitimately believed that Magnum XL 200 was sinking into the ground. The "damn theme park following internet" also thinks that park anniversary years equal reckless spending and massive new coasters and are in no way deterred from that belief by Kings Dominion's singing mushroom expansion. The "damn theme park following internet" is possibly the worst source for anything ever.

I'm not entirely sure I'd just take the word of some kid placed in charge of social media for Kentucky Kingdom as any more golden than anyone else's.

What "reputable sources", where? There's a lot of smoke but it's all coming from enthusiasts in an echo chamber who have no inside information whatsoever.

^Please think before you make assumptions and do thorough research. Just because you do not follow the park closely enough does not mean there is not evidence and it certainly does not mean that everyone is people that make things up. According to the video to which I will provide a link below you can clearly hear a park spokesperson say "18 and 19 will be announced in April". He then said that it could be later though so that it would not conflict with derby. If think a park official leading a guided tour is a source that is more than reputable. Obviously that didn't happen yet so plans must have changed slightly.

Go to time mark 5:10 for earlier mentioned statement.

Edited by sfkk

Now that you mention it I remember seeing that video but it's now June. I didn't realize we were still referencing it as potentially accurate information. I'm sure they'll announce their plans for next year some time between now and the beginning of next season but we really don't need up to the minute updates on it. Nobody knows anything about when this announcement is going to take place at this point. All we have lately are posts from people who are getting deadlines from random employees and posts like this...

I know for a fact there is going to be a big ride announcement next week!!!

where people turn out to be totally wrong because nobody knows what's actually going on but everyone loves to pretend that they do.

The whole damn theme park following internet all seems to think that there's SOMETHING scheduled to be announced sooner rather than later for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

The "damn theme park following internet" also thought that new Mean Streak was opening this season and some people still think it'll be open for Halloweekends. The "damn theme park following internet" has been convinced every year for the last 5 years that Canada's Wonderland was getting a new coaster that year named "Ziz" that still doesn't exist. The "damn theme park following internet"also thinks that Lightning Rod is getting a chain lift. The "damn theme park following internet" at one point legitimately believed that Magnum XL 200 was sinking into the ground. The "damn theme park following internet" also thinks that park anniversary years equal reckless spending and massive new coasters and are in no way deterred from that belief by Kings Dominion's singing mushroom expansion. The "damn theme park following internet" is possibly the worst source for anything ever.

I'm not entirely sure I'd just take the word of some kid placed in charge of social media for Kentucky Kingdom as any more golden than anyone else's.

What "reputable sources", where? There's a lot of smoke but it's all coming from enthusiasts in an echo chamber who have no inside information whatsoever.

Might I suggest you take the bass out of your voice?

So here we have a park employee stating that the announcement is coming, but Coasterbill here decides he's gonna say otherwise and that nobody knows a damned thing. Well, obviously we see WHY people were thinking an annoucement was coming. A park spokesman said so. Have plans changed? Obviously, but maybe ol' Billy here will think twice before decided to show his ass on an internet forum?